Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:53 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Actually the Spin Around time is here... 40 yrs has passed since the rise of drug and the flame of disco of the 70's sent a flash blast through society, and it has been 30 yrs since the drug rage of the 1980's destablized working poor American and diminished school capacity even further than what the disco era did... Now, is the turn around, where young black people have found their way through the maze and other are finding their way through the maze, It will take some of the leaders to help... but the key for black people is, move in and take a strong stand in the area people seem to have forgotten, which is in the vocation and technical skilled areas, if one notes, these areas remain consistent in growth, no matter what wave of innovation comes along, because people require the vocational fields and with the use of computers they are less labor intensive, but more effecient, as well as the technical areas, with the test units that exist today... because when people equip themselves in these ways, the push further in their pursuit to learn more, they go for higher educations, they create business and they move up and expand their operations, their positions and their competency and presences is a positive magnet for the young people. There are so many technically skilled young black people, who can do amazing things with computers, but that door is current not one that is easy for them to open, venture capitalist are not yet ready to talk to black people, and tech industry is busy focusing on foreigners from nations except nations where there is black people.

But mark my words, it will be again, black people that will put another master link in the chain of progress.

If one look back and ask who is Mark Dean, and think about the very same computer you are using, and go forward and look into cell phone advances and many other areas... The publicity is not there but the skill, know how, the creativity and the willingness to innovate is and has been there. It cannot be ignored continually... we learned that via what happen with music, what happen with sports, any sport, and practically all sports... and many other areas of many professions.
Certainly nothing wrong with technical and vocational training. Far better than working on the line at McDonald's and possibly can result in being better financially positioned than getting a degree in criminal law with $200,000 in student debt to pay back.

Life and the future can be impacted by the Black Swan effects.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:59 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Most white Americans (on one level or another) do NOT like black people (individually or in the collective) so I wish that "WE" would stop trying to gain their approval.
How in the world would have any clue or idea based in facts and logic for this statement. If I made a somewhat generic and not so pleasant blanket statement about black people I'd have my head handed to me so quick it wouldn't be funny.

You can never truly know what lies in a person's heart in any direction.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How in the world would have any clue or idea based in facts and logic for this statement. If I made a somewhat generic and not so pleasant blanket statement about black people I'd have my head handed to me so quick it wouldn't be funny.

You can never truly know what lies in a person's heart in any direction.

Have you never read the things that people say about black people on this site? In this very thread?

Non-black people are so used to blanket negative statements being made about blacks that they don't even flinch; it does not raise alarm.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:11 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Have you never read the things that people say about black people on this site? In this very thread?

Non-black people are so used to blanket negative statements being made about blacks that they don't even flinch; it does not raise alarm.
This site isn't reflective of people in general, it's a collecting house for losers, not all of course, but definitely some. I took exception with the "most" comment. Never say "most" about anything in my opinion, "some" is probably more accurate and even then we're dealing with intangibles so it's hard to make objective judgments. Unless of course someone outright says negative stuff we have no way to quantify these sorta things.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:

Like the blanket statement you just made?

Look in the mirror first.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Most white Americans (on one level or another) do NOT like black people (individually or in the collective) so I wish that "WE" would stop trying to gain their approval.
Try being an individual first. Grouping yourself has consequences.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Notice how some people never apply the same standards to their own people. Never see whites telling other whites to stop generalizing about black folks.

This is a site FULL of non-black people generalizing black people....yet not a word....unless the comments blemish their own.

Black people please stop seeking validation from white people. Just stop.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Try being an individual first. Grouping yourself has consequences.
Individualism over collectivism?

Sounds dangerous.

What if I start thinking for myself?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Notice how some people never apply the same standards to their own people. Never see white telling other whites to stop generalizing about black folks.

This is a site FULL of non-black people generalizing black people....yet not a word....unless the comments blemish their own.

Black people please stop seeking validation from white people. Just stop.
The gov generalizes black people, that was on the Whitehouse.gov site under Obama a section labeled "black community", right?

I can go to any random site tailored for blacks, the National Urban League for example, "The mission of the Urban League movement is to enable African Americans to secure economic self-reliance, parity, power and civil rights." There, that is from their site, they just grouped African Americans.

Another one, 100 Black Men, "Working to improve the quality of life within the African American community."

Those are generalizations I see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies