Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She did it TWICE??? Yeah, that's called lying.
and she corrected herself.

Kinda like the press stating trump removed the bust of MLK from the oval office. . . and then corrected themselves.

both sides do it - always have, always will.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, let me get this straight... some of you honestly believe that the entire MSM are out to get Trump and his merry band of lying doofuses and that THIS is why they're so unpopular?

That's hysterical. No... really, it's funny. And sad. Funny-sad.

The level of gullibility there is staggering.

The MSM is owned by corporate interests and serves their corporate masters . This was true well before Trump and will remain true . Obama was more or less on better terms because he was funded and sanctioned by the same interests. Trump or not Trump does not change this fact. I am not going to just get my information from the Washington Post anymore form Bezos himself. presidents come and go , but the media monopoly has gone on for decades.

Now you may hate Trump all you like, but to act as though the media is trustworthy is pretty rich, especially from the left which I assumed was skeptical of corporatism and merchant rule.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's funny how this thread is about "LOL - CNN", and not actually about the liar/ultimate spinner that Conway is.
Not to mention bringing up Hillary. They can't defend so they resort to deflection. But the non-brainwashed recognize just how vile Kellyanne Conway is.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Like someone said earlier today....The MSM gets distracted by shiny objects. Meanwhile, real news gets reported elsewhere.

Misspeaking, and then correcting yourself is not the same thing as trying to make stuff up.

I quit watching CNN weeks ago.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Like someone said earlier today....The MSM gets distracted by shiny objects. Meanwhile, real news gets reported elsewhere.

Misspeaking, and then correcting yourself is not the same thing as trying to make stuff up.

I quit watching CNN weeks ago.
I couldn't agree more. Misspeaking, as in reporting that a bust of MLK has been moved because the reporter didn't see it, is not the same thing at all as completely fabricating a "massacre" that never happened, and then repeating the whopper of a lie several days later.

THAT is making stuff up. And that is why this consummate liar has no credibility left.

I find all the scoffing at CNN to be amusing, considering the fact that the White House tried to get her booked on the network for the weekend shows. If they think CNN has no influence, why were they so eager to get their liar on the air on their network?

Old 02-06-2017, 01:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why do they need a known liar like Kellyanne when the Trump administration is currently leaking like crazy?

They need access to the REAL information - not Kellyanne's lies.

Now they get crumbs..... Everyone else gets the scoop.

LOL!! And these are the "so called" intellectuals!

Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
If Kellyanne can troll the limp wristed snowflakes this easy, that is reason enough to have her on staff!
The more she triggers their immature reaction, the more people move toward TRUMP 2020.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:01 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Thank goodness for CNN and MSNBC. The Founding Fathers, in their great wisdom, gave us the First Amendment precisely because they knew a free press is needed to keep populist tyrants like Trump from using mob rule or fiat to shut down all dissident voices. The minute we lose a free press we lose freedom -- we become the USSR, North Korea, etc.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Thank goodness for CNN and MSNBC.
LOL, their rating have crashed through the floor. Networks like the USA, TNT channels now pull in more viewers.

Very few people trust these as sources of news and it shows. It's much like reading the Enquirer.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:11 PM

19,771 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Yes CNN's ratings are pretty low. We stopped watching CNN when they became more of an opinion based channel. That's also why I don't watch Fox, MSNBC and a few others.

It would be nice to just have the national news back again. Just news. Closest thing we've found to that is PBS Newshour.

Oh and Kellyanne Conway is a degenerate lying a$$hat. I think any news outlet trying to report 'facts' should shy away from her. I mean some flat out lying going on- it's truly unbelievable. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies