Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:48 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
You teach what? Liberalism? My family builds it....so you were one of the protesters out there throwing molotov cocktails at the workers? Or chaining yourself to our equipment...and burning it? Telling lies all over the net and bilking millions from donors.... Well Bless your heart.......
No, I don't teach "liberalism." And if your family is building it, your family is destroying our land and the culture of many native people. So, hey: good on you and yours! Hope all that dirty money gets you through the Pearly Gates!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 04:49 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Yes, and some paragraphs are longer than others. Secondly, I'm well aware that Dakota Access oil comes from the Bakken; I was using short-hand. And I know who is in charge of the project. And I know that it's CRUDE (its environmental point of origin is also being destroyed, as is the culture of the tribal people who live there). And it will absolutely leave the country; to think otherwise is to be tragically naive. I have plenty of "knowledge" on the subject since I freaking teach it. YOU might want to brush up a little to compensate for your own lack of knowledge, dudette.
You're a teacher? In what respect? K-12? University? And any particular subject/field?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're a teacher? In what respect? K-12? University? And any particular subject/field?
You're clearly looking for ammunition. Look elsewhere, sweet pea.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:53 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
No, I don't teach "liberalism." And if your family is building it, your family is destroying our land and the culture of many native people. So, hey: good on you and yours! Hope all that dirty money gets you through the Pearly Gates!
See ya in Hades then....

Old 02-12-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
See ya in Hades then....
Yeah, no. I don't destroy other people's lives, and the beauty of Nature, in order to enrich myself. You'll be traveling alone, pal. See ya'.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:57 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Yeah, no. I don't destroy other people's lives, and the beauty of Nature, in order to enrich myself. You'll be traveling alone, pal. See ya'.
I notice you didn't deny that you were one of the ones out there burning private property and being destructive......

Old 02-12-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I notice you didn't deny that you were one of the ones out there burning private property and being destructive......
How funny: As if the protesters are anywhere near as destructive as your massively destructive project, cutting a deep scar, slashing and burning your way across the country. No, I wasn't there, but I would have been if I could have been. And don't give me that "private property" crud. You're out destroying the American people's "property."

The protesters are protesting the destruction of their land, because they love their country--you know, the actual country (land, water, animals). Whereas people like you couldn't care less about it, would set it on fire if you could. Oh wait, that is what you're doing. Shameful. Deeply, deeply nefarious and shameful.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:10 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Funny the Dems thought this was a great idea when Elizabeth Warren proposed it back in 2003. She even co-authored a book about it with her daughter.

The problem is no one wants to take a chance and fix these problems because of what political side addresses it - ex. the ACA. We all know health care has to be rectified but the parties will not work together to achieve a common goal and fix it. The Republicans weren't able to address concerns with the ACA and we have now a failing system. Time to put political bickering to the side and work on a solution.

There is nothing wrong with vouchers so students can go to a school that will serve them better. As far as the poor - if the parents of these kids actually cared - maybe they too would be able to take advantage of a better education.

I know many teachers that teach in our "ghetto" area. They're frustrated because the funds are not properly appropriated, bad kids are just switched from school to school on a monthly basis as you can't deny any student an education - even if he just comes to school to fool around with his buddies or girlfriends, the parents are useless as most don't care. The few that truly want an education aren't getting it due to all the other BS. Many have switched to the charter schools where they actually make a difference and can teach kids who want to learn and parents who support education. You are not going to have a strong education system unless you get the parents behind you - as exhibited in other cultures - and unfortunately - I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:10 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
You're clearly looking for ammunition. Look elsewhere, sweet pea.
No, I wanted to know because I wanted to understand the context of what your response would be to what I posted earlier in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm thinking a lot of people aren't understanding how and why US public education was dumbed down. It has been going on for 5 decades. And it was intentional.

A college professor has done the research, and tells us what has happened and why...
Quote:
"While students in the bottom quartile have shown slow but steady improvement since the 1960s, average test scores have nonetheless gone down, primarily because of the performance of those in the top quartile. This "highest cohort of achievers," Rudman writes, has shown "the greatest declines across a variety of subjects as well as across age-level groups." Analysts have also found "a substantial drop among those children in the middle range of achievement"

...The contrast was stark: schools that had "severely declining test scores" had "moved determinedly toward heterogeneous grouping" (that is, mixed students of differing ability levels in the same classes), while the "schools who have maintained good SAT scores [the nationally-normed Stanford Achievement Test, for grades K-12]" tended "to prefer homogeneous grouping [ability/skill-level grouping, aka tracking]."

If attaining educational excellence is this simple, why have these high-quality schools become so rare? The answer lies in the cultural ferment of the 1960s.

THE INCUBUS OF THE SIXTIES

In every conceivable fashion the reigning ethos of those times was hostile to excellence in education. Individual achievement fell under intense suspicion, as did attempts to maintain standards. Discriminating among students on the basis of ability or performance was branded "elitist." Educational gurus of the day called for essentially nonacademic schools, whose main purpose would be to build habits of social cooperation and equality rather than to train the mind."
The Other Crisis in American Education - The Atlantic

Much more at the link.

Note that not only is our population largely unable to think anymore due to the large-scale dumbing-down of our country's education system, but the "equal outcomes disdain for excellence" education ideology failed to accomplish its social cooperation and cohesion goal, as well.

This is the quintessential, most epic failure of the SJW mentality, and it has done irreparable harm to our country.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:14 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
How funny: As if the protesters are anywhere near as destructive as your massively destructive project, cutting a deep scar, slashing and burning your way across the country. No, I wasn't there, but I would have been if I could have been. And don't give me that "private property" crud. You're out destroying the American people's "property."

The protesters are protesting the destruction of their land, because they love their country--you know, the actual country (land, water, animals). Whereas people like you couldn't care less about it, would set it on fire if you could. Oh wait, that is what you're doing. Shameful. Deeply, deeply nefarious and shameful.
Tree hugger much - this is not Shangri-la or Walden's pond. This destruction shows the lack of concern and respect of other's hard work and a loss to the community at large which I guess you don't care about. You want everyone to look through your rose colored glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies