Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the team is not racist or anything like that, it's just that many racists like the team for obvious reasons. It's a very white team by NFL standards.
It's a very GOOD team! And that's coming from a natural enemy, a lifelong Jets fan.

I don't believe there's a team in the league that would give a rat's patootie if they had green players, orange player, polka-dotted players as long as they felt they had the best available at their respective positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 03:05 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I prefer to root for teams that don't cheat.

I wouldn't say that that the Pats are a racist organization, but their owner, head coach and QB are Trump supporters which means they at least have a high tolerance for racism.
Don't forget how that coach was busted for carrying on a video spy program, against opponents. He sent people with camcorders to sneak into their stadiums and secretly record their workouts in the week before they played. He received just a minor penalty. I think he should have been tossed out of all football for life.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:07 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That makes the NBA the most racist franchise in the world doesn't it?
Go on, elaborate.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's a very GOOD team! And that's coming from a natural enemy, a lifelong Jets fan.

I don't believe there's a team in the league that would give a rat's patootie if they had green players, orange player, polka-dotted players as long as they felt they had the best available at their respective positions.
Funny you would say "orange

Old 02-09-2017, 03:08 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

stop with the whole color blind speech. I was just stating this stuff as a matter of fact. New England obviously stands out for have so many white guys at skill positions on offense. And people generally tend to like athletes that look like them. Not even saying its wrong. But a racist is going to look at Tom Brady throwing to Amendola, Chris Hogan, Gronk, and Edelman and say..."that's my team".

Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
It should be noted that already 5 of the 53 players have said that they are not going to go to the White House honoring of the team (4 black, 1 white).

Old 02-09-2017, 03:15 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,278,237 times
This is the kind of crap that makes me long for another inhabitable planet.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:18 PM

431 posts, read 257,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, the coaching staff is underutilized based on population. However, the team as well as many other teams, are lacking in non-minority representation far more than the Patriots' coaching staff is.

For the three teams in which half the coaching staff are minorities, this is under utilization of non-minorities, and should receive the same criticism as the Patriots.
I guess my point would be, it doesn't matter. This is a another example of a group of people using fake racist rhetoric to suggest that the team is or appeals to racists. I am not a fan of the organization, but they are able to put the best talent on the field and on the coaching staff, regardless of race. It's as if they should be apologetic for not meeting the perceive status quo of a sports rooted affirmative action.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Go on, elaborate.
The premises of calling the Patriots "racists" is that it does not represent proportionally the racial make up of the US, and does the worst of the teams by doing this.

So in the case of the NBA, it also does not proportionally represent the make-up of the US, but even at more of a standard deviation than the Patriots.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the team is not racist or anything like that, it's just that many racists like the team for obvious reasons. It's a very white team by NFL standards.
I didn't know they had a standard for this sort of thing. What's the NFL standard for whiteness?

Last time I checked, blacks are no more than 15% of the population. Shouldn't all sport teams have no more than 15% blacks to maintain their correct whiteness or blackness?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 02-09-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies