Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:31 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Readers of this thread might find these two videos interesting. They explore the possibility of Trump being unable to read, being possibly illiterate.

I think there are other interpretations that can be made to explain the phenomena shown in the videos other than him being functionally illiterate, but it does raise some interesting questions as to what is really going on inside the head of our Beloved Leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGuJlTVXfw

Oh boy. Like we needed another reason to worry about him. Explains a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Very concerning on a whole other level.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
In my opinion is the Anglo version of Hugo Chavez, former president of Venezuela.

Absolutely ego maniac and self-absorted. Behaves like the whole thing is a show where he is the main and only character. Like and adult with the mind of an spolied child.

Scary.

Thoughts?
There was a letter published in the NY Times recently, signed by around 35 psychologists/psychiatrists saying that due to his ego-maniacal nature, he's dangerous in the office of the President.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Oh boy. Like we needed another reason to worry about him. Explains a lot. Thanks for sharing.

A list of presidential IQ's popped up on my FB page last week. It stated he is said to have an IQ between 151 and 155 - higher than 99% of the population. Not defending, simply saying I don't buy the functionally illiterate angle. I do, however, think he has an attention issue - perhaps this is why he doesn't read books. I also don't think he has the patience to write a speech and stick to the talking points or script - hence the ad-libbing and explosion of superlatives when he talks.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I would love to see actual proof that he has an IQ in the 150 range. There is just no way that is true.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Trump is bombastic and unpolished but I can't argue with much of what he's trying to do. The fact that so many people can bothers me a lot because it's not all coming from a place of logic. Logic says we should enforce our immigration laws and not risk refugees and immigrants from places known to be in conflict with us. It says we should put ourselves first because if we become weak we can't help anyone else. It says a more homogenous culture is superior to a fractured one. And it definitely says if you are a country with power you keep that power. It's not presented in a pretty way and it's not presented by a pretty person. Sometimes I wonder where his problems end and the general publics begin because in questioning his mindset you can't ignore the mindset of the people screaming bloody murder every time he opens his mouth.

Seriously, I don't even like Trump and have always said he was a clown. I just seem to dislike Liberal Progressives too because of their own psychological problems.

Last edited by Ceece; 02-16-2017 at 10:12 PM..

Old 02-16-2017, 10:43 PM

140 posts, read 88,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I would love to see actual proof that he has an IQ in the 150 range. There is just no way that is true.

A 150 IQ would be like Ben Stein, FDR, Hillary Clinton, and Jeffrey Dahmer. All four are extremely articulate(which Trump is not) and very methodical(which Trump is not). No one is calling him stupid, but he's no genius.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
There's absolutely no way DT has a 150 IQ, that's definitely one of those fake news articles that pollute Facebook. Did you see that press conference today? I watched the whole thing later on Youtube & he wasn't able to answer questions correctly, he keeps name calling & insulting individuals like a 5th grader & he even contradicted himself in the same sentence (about how he was watching CNN & they had fake news so he doesn't watch CNN or rambling words to that effect), lying again about his win margin. There's much more...

If you haven't seen it you should watch the whole thing, he gets more disjointed as the presser goes on. I think even George W might be smarter, but I'm not going to put money on that. I get the feeling that DT feels he's the CEO of the country now & doesn't quite understand why other politicians, judiciary & the press aren't just following his directives, someone needs to inform him that he is our employee now & serves at our pleasure. I can't imagine 4 years of him still complaining about Hillary & still boasting of his "big" win while saying nothing substantial about policy or unifying the nation.

In the last week Russia has violated an arms treaty, buzzed a US Navy vessel with fighter jets & has a spy listening ship anchored off our east coast & he hardly addressed it except with the most childish retort. And now he is going to a "campaign" rally this weekend in Florida, unbelievable...

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There was a letter published in the NY Times recently, signed by around 35 psychologists/psychiatrists saying that due to his ego-maniacal nature, he's dangerous in the office of the President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
There's absolutely no way DT has a 150 IQ, that's definitely one of those fake news articles that pollute Facebook. Did you see that press conference today? I watched the whole thing later on Youtube & he wasn't able to answer questions correctly, he keeps name calling & insulting individuals like a 5th grader & he even contradicted himself in the same sentence (about how he was watching CNN & they had fake news so he doesn't watch CNN or rambling words to that effect), lying again about his win margin. There's much more...

If you haven't seen it you should watch the whole thing, he gets more disjointed as the presser goes on. I think even George W might be smarter, but I'm not going to put money on that. I get the feeling that DT feels he's the CEO of the country now & doesn't quite understand why other politicians, judiciary & the press aren't just following his directives, someone needs to inform him that he is our employee now & serves at our pleasure. I can't imagine 4 years of him still complaining about Hillary & still boasting of his "big" win while saying nothing substantial about policy or unifying the nation.

In the last week Russia has violated an arms treaty, buzzed a US Navy vessel with fighter jets & has a spy listening ship anchored off our east coast & he hardly addressed it except with the most childish retort. And now he is going to a "campaign" rally this weekend in Florida, unbelievable...
^^^reps. I think the remark made by George Stephanopoulos after this press conference said it all -
"What a remarkable window into the state mind of the President of the United States right there."
Even Fox News Melissa Francis said - "Wow. Well, alright then, that was some press conference."
Listening to his repetitive ramblings, attacks, misinformation/lies and more importantly his emotional instability are not qualities of a rational or sane individual.

Tapper: Trump's presser was unhinged - CNN Video

Old 02-18-2017, 04:37 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Trump is a lot like Hitler. If the same Trump supporters today lived in Germany during Hitler's time, they'd be supporting Hitler

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...nald-trump.jpg

Old 02-18-2017, 06:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I thought that he did use a teleprompter when he had to. He would not be able to use it if he could not read. I doubt that he is unable to read; he certainly was given an expensive education a child and teen! I suspect he has something like like ADD or possibly is simply undisciplined. W didn't read all that much either; he asked for very short briefing papers on everything. DJT doesn't even do that, apparently.

The clips of a radio show seem to be somewhat contradictory. Is he functionally illiterate, or is he unpracticed in reading or is he undisciplined so much he cannot sit still to read? In other words, is he choosing not to read or is he hiding the fact that he cannot read?

I suspect the former.

Either way, he and his administration are a hot messes, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies