Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:21 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Just tie the loop hole argument to having an open Mexican border....Sort of a pinch wouldn't you say?
An equivalent argument would be complaining about checking for illegals at the Canadian border. It isn't the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 06:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even with the latest j-i-g-s you have to really know what you are doing or you'll have a messy piece of iron.

The Easy-J I G is fool proof. They guarantee it, with a send you another lower if you mess it up.

My first one was a little apprehensive, but now it is no fear. Clamp it in and make sure to use the depth collar and don't go down to the gauge. Use the router and the end mill to finish to depth.

I did a Billet for my first one, so drilling the pocket was harder than a cast lower and way harder to drill than a composite lower with brass inserts.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:37 PM

When I can make a shotgun, using 2 steel pipes, a flat washer and a bb. or substitute a small round head screw for the bb, they will never be able to eliminate who has a firearm.

Making black powered, or gun powder is hard, just time consuming.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:15 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
MEH, free country and free-flow of goods in and out of the borders.

Millions of tons of "stuff" come into the USA each and every day. Probably thousands, if not millions of illegal weapons come into the USA each and every day........how much is caught, .5%, 1%???

Old 02-12-2017, 07:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Now I lay me down to sleep.
Beside the bed, a Glock I Keep.
Should the Glock ever Fail...
My American and Soviet freedom dispensers will prevail.
When I wake and they're inside.
The coroners van will be thier last ride.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
NBC published this piece, in which it claims there's a "ghost gun" loophole. "Police say criminals are well aware of the availability of "ghost guns," and they've been used in shootings across the country, from Maryland to California." Can we take a look at numbers, here, instead of hyperbole? Two shootings in different locations in the US doesn't equate to the message in that sentence. They make it sound like there are thousands of these incidents taking place. Lie. The vast majority of this type of gun, recovered from crime scenes, come from Latin American gangs and drug cartels and are believed to have been made in Mexico.

Ugh. In addition, 'ghost gun' is one of the most illogical, made-up names ever created. Second, the kits they're referring to use a lower receiver (the part that's considered a firearm) that is unfinished. It's a piece of metal that needs to be machined in order to be useable. "All the parts needed to assemble a gun were in the box when it arrived. It took Vasquez a couple of hours to assemble the weapon." Maybe. If you happen to have all of the equipment needed - expensive ****, tools, drill press, etc - on hand, and have a LOT of experience. Otherwise, complete lie. Third, and most important;if you're a felon - not able to purchase a firearm - then possessing a finished gun is illegal, regardless of it came from a kit. Oh, I forgot, we're always assuming criminals follow laws.

This is why gun owners don't want to talk to gun control advocates anymore.

Loophole Lets Criminals Buy Untraceable 'Ghost Guns' Online - NBC News

What are they going to do? Outlaw 3D printers, 5-Axis mills, Flowjets and Bridgeport mills?
How about outlawing, metal.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quoted from the article in the OP's link:

Quote:
Sen. Chuck Schumer, D.-N.Y., the senate minority leader said he wants to close the loophole, but expects fierce opposition from the National Rifle Association. "We are going to try to pass legislation," said Schumer. "The trouble is the NRA is so unreasonable and has such power in the Congress, you'd think this should pass like that, but it is going to be a long hard road."
Somebody needs to remind Schumer again that no matter how many gun laws he and his anti-gun allies try to pass they will not affect criminals. He also needs to be reminded why he is the minority leader in the senate.

what a joke, those guys waste time with ineffective laws and regulations instead of addressing the real problem, criminals.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Quoted from the article in the OP's link:

Somebody needs to remind Schumer again that no matter how many gun laws he and his anti-gun allies try to pass they will not affect criminals. He also needs to be reminded why he is the minority leader in the senate.

what a joke, those guys waste time with ineffective laws and regulations instead of addressing the real problem, criminals.
Be glad Cuomo isn't in his position... Perhaps cuomos the ghost writer of the ghost gun scare...

Old 02-13-2017, 03:39 PM

I've got Schumer and Cuomo figured out...
Un arm the populace, pass ridiculous legislation that doesn't address the problems at hand. Jeopardize the lives and safety of NYers, so when some heroin addict commits a home invasion, and slaughters a family in the process, use their death in vain to attempt to pass nationwide bans, or use it as an example to be set...
NY is a beautiful state north of Dutchess county... Too bad the cityiots in the boroughs and out on Long Island and up in Albany ruin the rest of the state with their ideals.

Last I checked, sandy hook wasn't in NY but CT...
Where was cuomo banning pressure cookers in NY after Boston?

NY has basically a catch and release system for DWI which kills more people in NY state than any act of violence whether committed with a weapon or not, I don't see him banning booze or cars... Get a DWI in the sunshine state, straight to the steel bar motel with you to sit with real criminals. No such thing as DWAI or DUI strict-DWI.

Why do I say catch and release...
Whether it's a repeat offender or a first time ordeal, courts are more willing to knock the charges down to keep the money to the town, not the state... (Sister got popped for DWI was reduced to DWAI swap ny for fl she'd have lost her license, her nursing license, and had a hefty fine to pay or jail time to face before legal fees)

Old 02-13-2017, 03:51 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
NBC published this piece, in which it claims there's a "ghost gun" loophole. "Police say criminals are well aware of the availability of "ghost guns," and they've been used in shootings across the country, from Maryland to California." Can we take a look at numbers, here, instead of hyperbole? Two shootings in different locations in the US doesn't equate to the message in that sentence. They make it sound like there are thousands of these incidents taking place. Lie. The vast majority of this type of gun, recovered from crime scenes, come from Latin American gangs and drug cartels and are believed to have been made in Mexico.

Ugh. In addition, 'ghost gun' is one of the most illogical, made-up names ever created. Second, the kits they're referring to use a lower receiver (the part that's considered a firearm) that is unfinished. It's a piece of metal that needs to be machined in order to be useable. "All the parts needed to assemble a gun were in the box when it arrived. It took Vasquez a couple of hours to assemble the weapon." Maybe. If you happen to have all of the equipment needed - expensive ****, tools, drill press, etc - on hand, and have a LOT of experience. Otherwise, complete lie. Third, and most important;if you're a felon - not able to purchase a firearm - then possessing a finished gun is illegal, regardless of it came from a kit. Oh, I forgot, we're always assuming criminals follow laws.

This is why gun owners don't want to talk to gun control advocates anymore.

Loophole Lets Criminals Buy Untraceable 'Ghost Guns' Online - NBC News
Who needs ghost guns?

Type in 'guns stolen' and a the name of any state or town and see the thousands of guns stolen form gun shop breakins, federal and state armories, careless TSA agents.

You'd think if legislators really wanted to help reduce gun violence they might consider the source of the stolen guns. It's not the private owners so much as it is, its the shops and armories that contribute to gun distribution....oh and eric holder has done his share of firearm distribution.

Instead lawmakers choose to sacrifice people's lives today to acghieve the ideological goal of no private gun ownership in the far distant future.

Ineffective solutions to a chronic problem satisfies vote seeking politicians with innocent blood on their hands. Let's attack legal gun owners and accept the colateral damage that continues to plague our cities.

Guns Stolen From Illinois Nuclear Power Plant
Thirteen Assault Rifles Stolen From Chicago Rail Yard
Gang members behind theft of guns from Springfield dealer
Guns stolen from Academy Sports and Outdoors in Montgomery
12 guns stolen from Birmingham gun store
AL ranks in top ten stolen guns
Investigation: 70,000 Guns Lost or Stolen in California
100's of Guns Stolen in California Gun Store Burglary
FBI sub-machine gun stolen from California agent's car ...
Stolen Guns Fuel Underground Market For Criminals in California
First on CNN: Secret Service agent's gun, badge stolen i
2 Guns Stolen from FBI Vehicle in D.C

"Faith Cathcart/The OregonianLaw enforcement officials say they caught a lucky break when a 15-year-old showed up at his junior high school in Washington carrying a loaded .22-caliber pistol in his waistband. The handgun turned out to be one of 130 guns stolen from a Vancouver firearms store two days before. All but six of the stolen revolvers and semiautomatics have been recovered"

"POWELL, Ohio – Officials are offering up to a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of burglars involved in the theft of 97 weapons from a central Ohio firing range and gun-sales shop."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies