Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,815,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I remember having to go to a small town in Texas on a work related trip. I went to breakfast and watched them cooking, there was butter in the air, butter by the slab thrown on the grill, they were frying bacon on butter. And the people were huge, goodness only knows what their blood pressure was.
I don't have any interest in visiting rural areas in any state, let alone states in the south. What the heck is there to do except look at cotton fields?

The only cities that interest me to visit over and over are all highly liberal cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,640,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I have yet to see any hardcore Trumpers here on CD give a good justified explanation as to how conservative policies produce economic growth. All evidence points to blue states doing better economically and socially as a result of their policies.

The experiment in KS went really well

Also, I don't think Trumpites are traditional repubs....the hardcore trumpites are a bunch of anti-capitalist clowns who don't realize that free trade, free markets, and globalization are good for everyone

Old 02-12-2017, 10:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
I have yet to see any hardcore Trumpers here on CD give a good justified explanation as to how conservative policies produce economic growth. All evidence points to blue states doing better economically and socially as a result of their policies.
Which is why I just want to focus on my blue state and let them stew in their own results while they stay in their own red states. The west coast is doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Epic. And no pity for them, they voted for it.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Also, I don't think Trumpites are traditional repubs....the hardcore trumpites are a bunch of anti-capitalist clowns who don't realize that free trade, free markets, and globalization are good for everyone
Oh god, I just read about the KS experiment. Yeah they asked for it. Now I bet they're asking for federal help to bail out their own stupid ideology.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Which is why I just want to focus on my blue state and let them stew in their own results while they stay in their own red states. The west coast is doing well.

Epic. And no pity for them, they voted for it.
I'm with you there. I miss California, wish I made enough money to move back. 2nd housing crash coming soon since Trump wants to roll back Dodd-Frank?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:20 PM

4,585 posts, read 3,415,058 times
Quote:
Read my post #20. You'll see if your argument stands.
I just did and in San Diego's case, yes, my argument stands.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:23 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,793 times
Quote:
Let's also not forget that most corporations are headquartered in blue states, even with the high taxes and regulations. Part of this is that the talent in blue states is obviously much better (smarter workers).
Or the tech talent not in CA choose not to move there despite being repeatedly begged to do so. CA? No thanks. NC is turning uncomfortably blue enough due to all the transplants from the North over the last few decades

Never know though!

Old 02-12-2017, 10:24 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,640,077 times
What's funny about the experiment in KS is that Brownback has been blaming Obama for the states problems.
Brownback won't be able to point to Obama for Kansas problems any longer | The Wichita Eagle

Thankfully, he is the least favorable governor in America.
Gov. Sam Brownback retains his title as

I grew up in KS and left when I finished college...never going back

Old 02-12-2017, 10:24 PM

19,823 posts, read 22,721,802 times
Quote:
Montana might be the exception, just look at the obesity rates of the south. Man, it's a nightmare.
No kidding. WV is top of the list in obesity, diabetes, heart disease and lowest in education, income, health and well being. A veritable s$ithole.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I just did and in San Diego's case, yes, my argument stands.
Then please be specific as to which regulation you think creates a rationed supply of land. There is usually some sort of explanation to explain why it was there in the first place.

Once you figure out that reason, evaluate it depending on what's more important to the public interest. Plenty of examples in my post #20 would (me personally), go for restricting supply in those ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies