Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,519,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I refrain from cutie nicknames for people. That's childish.
Childish like when Trump comes up with nicknames for US Senators, such as Pocahontas or Little Marco or Lyin Ted.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:27 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Childish like when Trump comes up with nicknames for US Senators, such as Pocahontas or Little Marco or Lyin Ted.
I already addressed how I feel about that in this post in page 4 after another poster made the same childish argument:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I don't condone that, either. I didn't vote for Trump.
I don't have the time or desire to address every instance of immaturity demonstrated here. My apologies if today's selection offends your own sensibilities.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,786,725 times
It never occurred to me, to look at Ivanka's clothing line. This thread made me curious. I just did a Google image search, and was pleasantly surprised. I think it's VERY nice stuff, for the money. Back when I was in that price range, I would have been grateful to have that as a clothing source. I saw several shoes I thought were outstanding, particularly THESE: Ivanka Trump Tabithe Black Suede - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

It's hard to find something with that much gravitas - and subtle style - at that price point.

However, if I were Nordstrom or Belk, I would not want a famous name which was also carried by WalMart. These days, it's inevitable that someone shopping at Belk, will do an Internet search, and instantly see that Ivanka's also carried by WalMart.

And frankly, some names are naturals for appearing on labels. 'Armani' comes to mind. 'Ivanka' - the name - simply may not summon imagery conducive to sales.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I truly doubt there is any panic in the White House or Ivanka's house about any of this. I am sure they expected it. No big deal. These are people who knew what they went into, knew who and what 'some people' would do to try to hurt them, knew they could weather the storms and bounce back when and if they need to. Not to worry.

What is far more interesting to me is that the left (who largely were the consumers of many of these products - especially Ivanka's - the rich, left, upper class celebrity who bought because Ivanka's line was more a status symbol than anything for them and they thrive on being in the 'in crowd') think they have now punished the Trumps or that that the Trumps much care other than to know they were indeed right about who is at the core of many of the issues in America today. You just proved them right if you are gleeful about this or if you were one who stopped buying or boycotted their products or support the nasty media in trying to ensure these business ventures failed. All of this is politically motivated .. but then most of us knew that, didn't we?

Product lines and businesses come and go. The ability to get back up on your feet when the time is right to do that (and right now Ivanka is too busy with more important work I think) is rare and priceless. The Trumps have 'priceless' locked down.
Never knew ivanka trumps clothes were up there with armani, christian Dior, brooks brothers, vera Wang, coach, d&c probably because her style is not good.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:56 PM

14,977 posts, read 12,194,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm sure that everyone has something made abroad. However, none of us ran for POTUS, especially on a platform of America First, putting Americans back to work, etc.

One would think that the person who is making those remarks AT LEAST would have his own crap made in America, and his daughter-wife's stuff, too. That hypocrisy is OK with you? Or is the Pied Piper's song too strong for you to resist?
Pot, meet kettle. If you were that outraged at all those products made overseas, surely you would do your utmost to ensure YOU never bought anything not made in the USA.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:59 PM

30,514 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I truly believe tRump thought he'd cash in on living in the WH...both for his own businesses and his kids' businesses. But as his approval continues to drop, so do his family businesses.

Online sales for the Ivanka Trump brand fell 26 percent in January
This is the back section Fake News "Trump has caused the sky" to fall story of the day...thanks for your concern

Old 02-13-2017, 03:01 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,807,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I truly believe tRump thought he'd cash in on living in the WH...both for his own businesses and his kids' businesses. But as his approval continues to drop, so do his family businesses.

Online sales for the Ivanka Trump brand fell 26 percent in January
Poor snow flake.... how sad is it if you have to live day in and day out hoping for the worse to happen to the First family!

Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,698,674 times
Pretty much kills another liberal narrative.

That is Trump wants to be President for the money.

If that is your thing, then check out the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,742,769 times
Oh my god can we please stop with "tRump"? What are you, 6? I'm a lib and I can't stand Trump either but you're embarrassing all of us with this.

It actually makes "Obummer" and "NObama" look mature and clever by comparison

Old 02-13-2017, 03:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,559,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Walmart has bags/purses for $395....wow!
I think you need to reread it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies