Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
did you notice the comment it was replying to?
I did. I find the pervasive use of "Nazi" to describe actions and behaviors nowhere even close to the vile reality of the Nazis to be a far worse comparison worthy of note.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:57 AM

45,556 posts, read 27,164,944 times
It does show you where the priorities are for these stores.

They were affected more negatively business wise with Obama's policies than anything Trump has done in three weeks - yet this is what they do.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:03 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,189 times
Who cares, they got plenty of money. I was surprise why billionaires like them always open a fashion line. Don't they have too much money to play with than to worry about brand. I am sure that is not their bread and butter

Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It does show you where the priorities are for these stores.

They were affected more negatively business wise with Obama's policies than anything Trump has done in three weeks - yet this is what they do.
The priorities of these stores is to make a profit.

What does Obama have to do with Ivanka Trump's slumping sales in retail stores today? I don't think you understand how this works.

1. Sales of a line down
2. Stores not profiting from line (here's where the priority of the stores comes in - no profit.)
3. Store drop line
4. Store do same when Obama in office

It doesn't matter why sales are down. It could be negative feeling towards name, it could be American prefer to buy American made products, it could be a bad product. Whatever...

Old 02-13-2017, 10:20 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Anti-Trump = Anti-American
Anti-Trump = American values

Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Who cares, they got plenty of money. I was surprise why billionaires like them always open a fashion line. Don't they have too much money to play with than to worry about brand. I am sure that is not their bread and butter
Ivanka takes after her Daddy when it comes to narcissistic endeavors. They HAVE to see their NAME on things. It's a ego trip often attributed to insecure people.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:24 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Ivanka holds the opinions and values that lefists share. They are punishing her instead of her father.

Which pieces from the Ivanka Trump collection do you own?

Old 02-13-2017, 10:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Ivanka takes after her Daddy when it comes to narcissistic endeavors. They HAVE to see their NAME on things. It's a ego trip often attributed to insecure people.
Not entirely unlike spamming an Internet forum with ad nauseum opinions in an effort to achieve a feeling of self-righteousness.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:29 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I agree. Everyone and their mother, that can afford to start one, has a clothing and cosmetic line. It's ubiquitous and obnoxious and most of the stuff is crap.
No kidding and I'm sure they attended Parsons, FIT, Pratt...
Celebrities with Fashion Lines | List of Celeb Clothing Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
What is far more interesting to me is that the left (who largely were the consumers of many of these products - especially Ivanka's - the rich, left, upper class celebrity who bought because Ivanka's line was more a status symbol than anything for them and they thrive on being in the 'in crowd') think they have now punished the Trumps or that that the Trumps much care other than to know they were indeed right about who is at the core of many of the issues in America today. You just proved them right if you are gleeful about this or if you were one who stopped buying or boycotted their products or support the nasty media in trying to ensure these business ventures failed. All of this is politically motivated .. but then most of us knew that, didn't we?
Those who could afford it bought the original products from the designer. Imitation or copying
is not a sincere form of flattery - it's copyrite infringement.
http://fashionista.com/2011/12/ivank...-is-not-iconic

Ivanka Trump Responds Predictably To Aquazzura's Shoe-Copying Lawsuit | The Huffington Post

Old 02-13-2017, 10:30 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As previously explained, her fashions do not appear well made. They will probably do better at Walmart than the more upscale Nordstorm, Neiman Marcus, etc.

All the Trump lines seem to be having difficulty these days. Trump home furnishing lines are being dropped. Condo prices are down. Reportedly, occupancy rates at hotels and resorts are down.

Many just don't want to be associated with anything that has to do with the Trump family. Even Harley-Davidson said nothing doing to a visit. L.L. Bean is trying to back away from his endorsement.

Had Ivanka kept her distance, not been part of those meetings with dignitaries, stayed back in NYC and insisted her husband stay in the real estate business, made clear she was not part of this Trump fiasco, she might have been able to come out of it okay. Now, I think it is unlikely she will ever get another another retailer to take on her line now. Not enough upside.

I thought she was going to get Trump to do something about maternity leave and a other family-friendly legislation. What happened to that?
The great thing about the internet is that it actually records Truth vs Myth/Rumor.

Reviews on the Ivanka Trump line (prior to the Boycott Movement that begin in Oct 2016) is that the Quality was very good. I don't pay much attention to clothing lines anymore since I retired, but I spent almost 30 years in the business of selling Fashion Lines (mostly a LOT more expensive than Ivanka's line) to Boutiques, Department Stores, Catalogs - so I know a lot about the business. The Ivanka Trump line is geared toward the "working woman" and priced accordingly for those aspiring to "move up". Dresses in the $100-$150 range for day wear .... trust me on this, Walmart doesn't carry anything like that at all. It's even fairly low end for Neimans and Nordstrom (both of them former customers of mine) - the Trump line would be geared toward getting that customer into their store to develop them into higher priced lines.

Department Stores are not doing well these day ..... for a variety of reasons, latest from The Street

About Harley Davidson - the Secret Service cancelled the Trump visit to them due to yet another Hysterical Meltdown "protest" - So President Trump said -- bring them to the White House. They drove their bikes up to the White House and met in the Oval Office. LL Bean walked back nothing, because they did not nothing. ONE of the Board Members (the only Bean family member on the Board ) made a PRIVATE Donation to the Trump Campaign ..... which was enough to bring the Hysterical Meltdown Crowd down on the entire company for one of the famous "Boycotts". By the way -- LL Bean is one of the VERY FEW companies left in the USA that actually makes products IN THE USA - not all, but many.

(this last part is not directed to the poster I quoted, but to all the "Made in USA" uninformed)

About that Made in USA thingy -- I invite every complainer about Trump clothing (Ivanka or Donald) to check your closets and drawers for "made in" labels. You might find a few tee shirts or (if you are male) a couple of pairs of shoes - BUT they will be the exception and not the norm. Very, Very, Very little clothing is "made in the USA" ..... a few lines (very small) always make an attempt, but it's very expensive. Shoe lines have done better, but only in a few boot line (LL Bean, some cowboy brands) & a few casual shoes lines like Keen. Want a pair of Original 501 Levi jeans all Made in USA?? You can get 'em, they will cost you $138 IF you can find them - the 501 is the ONLY jean made by Levi that still has any part of it (production or cloth) "Made in USA".

Look in your Closets - check those labels, a lot of the labels are now sewn in a side seam so people won't notice where the clothes are made. See what YOU own and cut out the hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.