Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,910,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Her line is pretty blah. They don't really sell unless they are marked down 50%, and even then they don't really move that much. The price point isn't really indicative of what most women would pay at up market chains like L&T or Nordstroms for clothes of that quality/style/look. Theyre just not stylish enough and they have an image whether right or wrong, of being cheaply made. They would probably sell better at a chain like Belk, a more moderate priced retailer, that's also more accessible to her Dads base who probably would want to buy it.
There's a very simple and sophisticated Ivanka bag ( old folk like me still call them purses) that I like. The retail price is $395. I am not interested in any bag that costs $395, regardless of the brand. There's nothing that distinguishes this bag from other bags made by other brands at this price point.

Heck, there's nothing that distinguishes any of these bags from knock offs that retail for $59.95, other than the respective brands. I choose to not pay a $335 premium for a bag just because it's branded by a celebrity, any celebrity.

My sister bought the same bag made out of some sort of rubber at Target for $15. It's impossible to distinguish this rubber from leather. It will likely outlast the leather version by centuries.

Ivanka had a retail presence on the upper East Side. That store was closed more than a decade ago. In 2011,
Ivanka opened a retail store in Soho to capitalize on her exposure on Celebrity Appretice. This retail store failed to generate sufficient interest to cover the rent. The doors were shuttered before her father declared his run for the Republican primary.

Like many brands, the Ivanka brand is manufactured at a variety of price points. While the brand is the same, the quality and / or designs are very different. I saw online that Walmart carried Ivanka boots. These are not the same boots carried by Nordstrom or Bloomingdales.

There is no upside for any retailer to carry product bearing the name of a POTUS, any POTUS. One would think that a POTUS would not seek to put retailers in this position.

Trump, Don Jr, Melania and Kellyanne piled on Nordstrom. Kellyanne violated a federal law doing so. Nothing will come of it.

Interesting Ivanka has chosen to remain silent.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:34 AM

68,379 posts, read 54,626,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Not entirely unlike spamming an Internet forum with ad nauseum opinions in an effort to achieve a feeling of self-righteousness.
Certainly no shortage of Trumpies doing exactly that, eh?

Old 02-13-2017, 10:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,538,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Certainly no shortage of Trumpies doing exactly that, eh?
I refrain from cutie nicknames for people. That's childish. Pointing out the specific posting style of the OP is neither approval nor indictment of everyone else here. There are many just like him/her here but I've not the time nor inclination to comment on everyone/everything.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,910,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

I thought she was going to get Trump to do something about maternity leave and a other family-friendly legislation. What happened to that?
Trump has been in office 3 weeks with a minimum of 205 weeks to go.

No POTUS has the authority to " do something about maternity leave". That would require an Act of Congress. Let me know when Congress approves a mandate requiring all employers to provide paid maternity leave.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:55 AM

6,319 posts, read 3,465,422 times
Dang..and I though that liberals didn't want any attacks on Obama family but hypocritically attacks on Trump family seem somehow appropriate....First it was attack on Trump wife because he is foreign born with an accent and now this?
For years democrats have called republicans mean spirited but this attack on Trump's family has now reached a new low.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I refrain from cutie nicknames for people. That's childish. Pointing out the specific posting style of the OP is neither approval nor indictment of everyone else here. There are many just like him/her here but I've not the time nor inclination to comment on everyone/everything.

I watched some of the debates, cutie name-calling put one childish man in the White House.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Dang..and I though that liberals didn't want any attacks on Obama family but hypocritically attacks on Trump family seem somehow appropriate....First it was attack on Trump wife because he is foreign born with an accent and now this?
For years democrats have called republicans mean spirited but this attack on Trump's family has now reached a new low.

For years we heard things like 'Moochelle', 'Mooch', and worse. Are you really silly enough to believe that when you sling mud over the aisle it's not going to come flyin' right back at ya?

Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,538,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I watched some of the debates, cutie name-calling put one childish man in the White House.
I don't condone that, either. I didn't vote for Trump. I'm not grasping the point you are trying to make to me here.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,301,058 times
Her clothing is on clearance racks for as low as a dollar.

Now is a GREAT time to buy new clothing to donate to the homeless and women's shelters. (The "Ivanka Trump" label is easily removed.)

Old 02-13-2017, 11:20 AM

15,101 posts, read 12,290,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There's a very simple and sophisticated Ivanka bag ( old folk like me still call them purses) that I like. The retail price is $395. I am not interested in any bag that costs $395, regardless of the brand. There's nothing that distinguishes this bag from other bags made by other brands at this price point.

Heck, there's nothing that distinguishes any of these bags from knock offs that retail for $59.95, other than the respective brands. I choose to not pay a $335 premium for a bag just because it's branded by a celebrity, any celebrity.

My sister bought the same bag made out of some sort of rubber at Target for $15. It's impossible to distinguish this rubber from leather. It will likely outlast the leather version by centuries.

Ivanka had a retail presence on the upper East Side. That store was closed more than a decade ago. In 2011,
Ivanka opened a retail store in Soho to capitalize on her exposure on Celebrity Appretice. This retail store failed to generate sufficient interest to cover the rent. The doors were shuttered before her father declared his run for the Republican primary.

Like many brands, the Ivanka brand is manufactured at a variety of price points. While the brand is the same, the quality and / or designs are very different. I saw online that Walmart carried Ivanka boots. These are not the same boots carried by Nordstrom or Bloomingdales.

There is no upside for any retailer to carry product bearing the name of a POTUS, any POTUS. One would think that a POTUS would not seek to put retailers in this position.

Trump, Don Jr, Melania and Kellyanne piled on Nordstrom. Kellyanne violated a federal law doing so. Nothing will come of it.

Interesting Ivanka has chosen to remain silent.
Wise on her part, IMO. Despite all the Trump haters bleating on ad nauseum about the demise of Ivanka's clothing line and fantasizing about her living destitute under a bridge when they're finished with all those "boycotts", I think she will land on her feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies