Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 01:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,149,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Really now. So now Republicans aren't the Christian/religious party they claim to be? LOL. Well, let me take that back as they've proven that during this past presidential election.
You know Trump faked being religious, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 03:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Really now. So now Republicans aren't the Christian/religious party they claim to be? LOL. Actually, let me take that back as they've proven that during this paste presidential election, despite what they claim.
The people running and in office lately tend to be an extreme version of what their constituents really are. That's why so many have left.

Anyway, I don't think you can compromise on abortion bc if a person truly believes it's murder, how do you compromise on that?

Old 02-15-2017, 03:55 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You know Trump faked being religious, right?
Go back and read my post again...slowly.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:12 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
As it stands, women have the choice whether or not to have an abortion. I personally do not believe abortion is right, so I won't have one. However, that decision is between each woman and God. God will deal with the situation as He sees fit.

So there is no compromise to be had. It simply is not your place to try and play God. The quicker Republicans grasp that and realize that protesting a woman's choice doesn't get them a free pass into heaven, the better.

Oh and I'm a libertarian, not a Democrat.
There is no heart emoticon??

Old 02-15-2017, 04:23 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We already have compromise, it's called C-H-O-I-C-E. Those who believe in it can choose it, those who don't can reject it. And I very much doubt it's split right down party lines as you seem to believe.
You believe in choice until you choose to have the kid and then you want a man to pay for that choice.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:36 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Really now. So now Republicans aren't the Christian/religious party they claim to be? LOL. Actually, let me take that back as they've proven that during this paste presidential election, despite what they claim.
Republicans/Conservatives are much more diverse in their religious and ideological beliefs than the stereotype that Liberals attempt to paint them with.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:37 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Make abortion legal for democrats. Then both parties can get their way.
Abortion already appears to be a Democrat form of Birth Control. No need to make it legal for only them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...al-gap/380251/

Quote:
An African-American woman is almost five times likelier to have an abortion than a white woman, and a Latina more than twice as likely, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:49 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Republicans/Conservatives are much more diverse in their religious and ideological beliefs than the stereotype that Liberals attempt to paint them with.
I am speaking as a Libertarian about Republicans. Republicans are not very open on issues such as these, which is why I am not one. They want big government in your personal life, usually due to their religious convictions. They don't truly support the First Amendment.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:53 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
I am speaking as a Libertarian about Republicans. Republicans are not very open on issues such as these, which is why I am not one. They want big government in your personal life, usually due to their religious convictions.
I believe you're wrong. I and most Republicans I know are for the freedom to choose. We may not be for Abortions but realize they're going to happen whether they are legal or not.

I'd also like to see free Birth Control centers in every Middle and High school.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You believe in choice until you choose to have the kid and then you want a man to pay for that choice.
It's his kid as much as hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies