Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 10:40 AM

137 posts, read 79,923 times

Advertisements

Voter frauds nothing new , dead people have been mailing in votes for years .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I believe it's democrats stopping the voter ID program, as they (1) think blacks are too stupid too get a voter ID, so it's a burden to them, or voter suppression, and (2) they want illegals to be able to vote.
Quote:
Of course they do!
Every time it's brought up, the D establishment accuses Rs of being racist because its such a burden for blacks to get a voter ID card.
You are completely spinning this to suit your agenda.

No one said anyone is too stupid to get an ID card. Not everyone has the resources to get an ID.

No one says they want illegals to vote.

Statements like this are so out of hand it is ridiculous.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Oh come on, just because they CAN vote does not mean they DO vote.
how do you believe they register to vote?

in CA a regular driver's license/CA ID card ( not an AB-60 ) and social security number is required to register to vote ( if you do not have one or both of those there are other ways to show eligibility but it has to be done in person ).

Old 02-16-2017, 10:48 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Offensive much? No Democrat I know thinks that way.

Now President Bannon has said that only people who own property should be able to vote, so we'll see how far they go with voter suppression in this administration.
You must live in a cave. I know plenty of Democrats that don't talk like you think they do.
And I agree; only property owners (property tax payers) have a vested interest in making policy. They have skin in the game.
Ever heard the phrase? LOL

Old 02-16-2017, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is no doubt that voter fraud goes on but in the millions I doubt it but who really knows.
It is not only illegals but also citizens that have residence in 2 states like college students etc..

I don't know why we can't have voter ID laws. We have to show a photo ID for most things today. The last time I bought Nyquil at Walmart I had to show my drivers license. So why can't we require a photo ID when voting. Why do the Dems oppose this so much?
I agree with you: over a mil is a lot. As for the 2 states; we had lived here in AR for about 6 years before the state of NM had taken us off the registered voter info. We could easily voted in both states.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:51 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,053 times
I'm sure there has been some voter fraud by both parties over the years. But really........What's the point?

The election is over. Regardless about how anybody looks upon our new POSIC, he won the election. End Of Story.

Why do people keep beating this dead horse?

Worrying about voter fraud now makes about as much sense as holding a political "rally" in the middle of February.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You must live in a cave. I know plenty of Democrats that don't talk like you think they do.
And I agree; only property owners (property tax payers) have a vested interest in making policy. They have skin in the game.
Ever heard the phrase? LOL
So you think only property owners should be allowed to vote? Policy doesn't affect all Americans?

Old 02-16-2017, 10:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
I believe it's democrats stopping the voter ID program, as they (1) think blacks are too stupid too get a voter ID, so it's a burden to them, or voter suppression, and (2) they want illegals to be able to vote.
I think we should vote via fingerprint.

Everyone has those. People who've been disfigured or do not have arms could have special circumstances, but this would cover most voters.

I think Australia does this.

Also, provide ID for all US citizens for free. They send out SS cards, why not ID cards?

This should not be so damned complicated.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:01 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Everyone has those. People who've been disfigured or do not have arms could have special circumstances, but this would cover most voters.

Also, provide ID for all US citizens for free. They send out SS cards, why not ID cards?

US has had a long history of rejecting any form of national ID. The claim is too much power and information to the Feds. It has been a hard core Right Wing issue for decades. The left has often opposed it as well. The authors of the 1986 immigration reform legislation cite this resistance as one of the major reasons that act turned out so badly.

So it is not new nor an easily handled issue. Basic rights to be free of government interference are involved.

Relatively simple analysis comparing voting statistics and demographics would reveal illegal voting. They don't. In fact high immigrant areas vote low.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I have ID issued by Texas, so I don't require another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies