Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
For a Trump fanboy, I'm surprised you don't keep up with his twitter. Try to keep up!

Trump tweets: The media is the 'enemy of the American people' | TheHill

Lol at 'fake news media'.....
Thanks for proving my point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
The Media has lost credibility and refused to just report the facts. They turn every news evnt into a Opinion piece.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
Mainstream media sources operate to generate profit.

Commercial decisions aren't always going to align with what is best for the public (i.e. honesty).

Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
The press have been biased in it reporting since the beginning of time here in the USA. Look at the old western movies and see how the newspapers took advantage of their trade.

When I was working I had little time to check on things and came home and turned on CNN for a few minutes and then it was News14Carolina. With CNN, I had no idea of the biased garbage they were feeding me. My first eye opener was Benghazi. I discovered this fun new program called the Five and had been watching it when this outbreak happened. Bob, the liberal on the program sat there and said this was not an impromptu uprising. He could tell that by the weapons they were using. Then here came the lies from so many places.

Then I started watching news about the same things on many different stations. I don't think we have reporting anymore. The personalities on some news stations make it us as they go along. It doesn't take long to figure out who those people are. I have just about stopped watching the news. I find it a waste of time to hear the lies.

I remember when communist countries were receiving Radio Free Europe because they otherwise never got the real news. Maybe we need Radio Free America now so we may receive the truth. It is sad when so many are distorting the news for their own agenda.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
The media is a necessary evil. I'm not going to take sides either. Both sides are guilty of leaving out very important information that otherwise would completely null the point that they news agency is trying to make.

You can call it freedom of press all you want but when you make headlines a certain way that automatically feed a negative vibe you're abusing your power.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So how about Trump tell the truth instead of lying. The media took down Nixon for lying and they can do the same with Trump. And that is what he is scared of. This is why he is saying they are fake news. I'm sure his supporters believe his words like gospel. But Nixon supporters believed him too. Trump can rant and rave against the media all he wants...it won't make a difference because they are not scared or intimidated by him. And this is what freedom of speech is all about.
the problem is that in nixons day, the media had an air of respectability, that they dont have today. back in the early 70s the media was something you could depend on for the truth, for the most part. but after nixon, the media realized just how much power they actually had, and it went to their heads. and they started doing what they wanted. and when dan rather got caught passing off phony documents during the bush campaign that the people started realizing that the media was corrupt.

and remember that the liberal media is the ones that coined the term fake news, usually referring to fox news, but also to breitbart and other right wing media outlets, and it got turned around on them when the people realized that the left wing media was in the pockets of, and a giant ad campaign for the democrats.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:23 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
People can choose who to believe. If people believe in or sympathize with the media, this characterization should hurt trump. Do you think all of the people that agree with trump about the media only believe the media are liars because of trump? Surely if the media were truly national paragons of truth Trump's attacks on the media wouldn't resonate with people.

The thing is that polls (for what they are worth) consistently show that Americans have extremely little respect for journalism as a profession.
Exactly.

Most peoples opinion regarding the fairness/accuracy of the media predates Trump.

I know mine does.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So how about Trump tell the truth instead of lying. The media took down Nixon for lying and they can do the same with Trump. And that is what he is scared of. This is why he is saying they are fake news. I'm sure his supporters believe his words like gospel. But Nixon supporters believed him too. Trump can rant and rave against the media all he wants...it won't make a difference because they are not scared or intimidated by him. And this is what freedom of speech is all about.
Silly person.

No one wants them to be scared or intimidated.

All anyone wants is that they report facts.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:25 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
The media is a necessary evil. I'm not going to take sides either. Both sides are guilty of leaving out very important information that otherwise would completely null the point that they news agency is trying to make.

You can call it freedom of press all you want but when you make headlines a certain way that automatically feed a negative vibe you're abusing your power.
I do agree with what you have said. A balance Press keeps those in office in check. But all of these out lets have support (except Fox) the DNC Ticket fro the get go.
That is a tall order to settle.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
People claim to only want the facts, but I disagree.

If dishonesty and opinion-dominated coverage wasn't commercially viable, then the media would have already re-strategised. People subconsciously prefer to be entertained rather than accurately informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies