Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 01:22 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Not surprised there. His supporters are mostly the uneducated, ignorant and/or the self-serving.
It is precisely this sort of snotty attitude from the Left that helped get Trump elected.

Congratulations.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yes, of course you took a small excerpt from my post, thus answered out of context. Anyway, it was a rhetorical question.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It is precisely this sort of snotty attitude from the Left that helped get Trump elected.

Congratulations.
Seems like a lot of educated dems outsmarted themselves!

Old 02-20-2017, 04:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
LOL...just because one is highly educated, doesn't necessarily make them smart or successful.
And that doesn't mean that just because you didn't go to college means you're somehow smarter than the rest of us...like right wingers have been trying to say for years now.

Also, I find it ironic how conservatives always bash college graduates yet they have no problem voting for Republicans who graduated from college.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. I have white friends with college degrees who bust their butt for $11 or less per hour RIGHT NOW. It's not only insulting, but offensive to those people who want to work but can't. Shame on you for being so insensitive.
Depends on what their college degree is. If it's a STEM degree, there should be no problem. Accounting professors are in great demand right now. If their degree is in Psychology, History, English, etc., then no wonder they can't get a job.

So, when is Mr. Trump going to help your friends? I sincerely doubt they want immigrant jobs. No white people want those jobs. Are they considering further training?

Old 02-20-2017, 04:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seems like a lot of educated dems outsmarted themselves!
What I keep noticing on the C-D is that Trump supporters seem obsessed with "snobby" progressives. My own brother said he couldn't vote for Hillary because she was too "uppity."

I want a President who is intelligent, well-read, classy, well-educated, and well-spoken. I don't mind in the least if he or she is snobby, uppity, elitist or rich. I want a President who can interact with other world leaders without embarrassing our country.

I don't want someone whom I would like to have a beer with (as some said about George W. Bush). I don't want a working class stiff. But it seems this is what Trump supporters were looking for. They wanted someone they can relate to. Well, they got him, and our country is worse off because of it.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
A truly smart person will be successful degreed or not.
Success doesn't have all that much to do with smart. Plenty of smart people aren't successful. Plenty of not that smart people are. It certainly helps to not be dumber than a doorknob as that does make being successful much more difficult but as long as you're not just retarded being smart is highly overrated when it comes to success.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times
Quote:
A truly smart person will be successful degreed or not.

Have you assessed the counterfactual? Any data or statistics to support your claims? or are you just blowing hot air and trying to sound smart?

Old 02-20-2017, 05:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Great points. Let the Dems keep making fun of the common working man and see where it get's them.

Bet they lose 6-8 more seats in 2018.

Not only that, but if they want to play the education game, the absolute lowest educated people in the US are on assistance and vote democrat. PERIOD.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:06 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Not only that, but if they want to play the education game, the absolute lowest educated people in the US are on assistance and vote democrat. PERIOD.
I like how the american public has a great understanding of causal inference.

Your argument is like saying that....

car accident causes cancer diagnosis

when in reality...

car accident causes hospital visit which causes a cancer diagnosis.

The fact that you ignore moderators, mediators, and all confounding variable is just laughable.

Talk about intelligence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies