Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:20 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times

Advertisements

In a recent interview Sen Rand Paul ripped into John McCain and says the nation is very lucky McCain never became President. He goes on to say McCain's recent criticisms are because of his "personal dispute" with Trump about foreign policy because McCain supports the wide deployment of U.S. troops. To quote Rand Paul, "Everything that he says about the president is colored by his own personal dispute he's got running with President Trump, and it should be taken with a grain of salt, because John McCain's the guy who's advocated for war everywhere", Paul said on ABC's "This Week."
He goes on to rip McCain about other issues.

Rand Paul: We

Old 02-19-2017, 12:29 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Just because McCain has a personal ax to grind with Trump doesn't make him a liar. He's just less likely to keep his mouth shut about his opinion. There are probably a few other Republicans who feel as McCain does but in order to protect their careers, they won't speak out.

So while I agree that McCain has personal issues with Trump, I don't think he's making stuff up. Just no incentive to keep his mouth shut.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just because McCain has a personal ax to grind with Trump doesn't make him a liar. He's just less likely to keep his mouth shut about his opinion. There are probably a few other Republicans who feel as McCain does but in order to protect their careers, they won't speak out.

So while I agree that McCain has personal issues with Trump, I don't think he's making stuff up. Just no incentive to keep his mouth shut.
How is McCain not a liar when Trump never said or even implied that the press is the enemy?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:32 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Msm will sweep this under the rug. McShame is their GOP go to for trump bashing

Old 02-19-2017, 12:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How is McCain not a liar when Trump never said or even implied that the press is the enemy?
Come on. Have you been wearing ear plugs while watching Trump's press conferences?

Gimme a break.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:

No one said McCain is a liar, only that he is blinded by his personal extreme dislike for Trump. After all, McCain failed miserably in his attempt to be president and Trump didn't. Paul in only saying that McCain's beef with Trump is a personal one and his negative comments aren't worth a grain of salt.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I feel like I saw a tweet where Trump said the media is the enemy of the American people. Did that not happen?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
I feel like I saw a tweet where Trump said the media is the enemy of the American people. Did that not happen?
Trump's tweet, word for word:

The original tweet:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Where did he say the press is the enemy? He said the fake news media is the enemy of the American people.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-19-2017 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 02-19-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No one said McCain is a liar, only that he is blinded by his personal extreme dislike for Trump. After all, McCain failed miserably in his attempt to be president and Trump didn't. Paul in only saying that McCain's beef with Trump is a personal one and his negative comments aren't worth a grain of salt.
And I disagree with that statement, that's all.

I think he does have a beef with Trump (and not because he won an election) but that doesn't negate his comments. Just because I may not like someone doesn't mean I can't be right about what they do that is negative.

It is sort of like that quote: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get me!! I know that's kind of glib, but you get the message. Just because you dislike someone doesn't mean that everything you think about them is wrong. Certainly, we should all look at McCain's message more critically because he dislikes him.

But I guess it really doesn't matter; Jesus himself could criticize Trump and someone would find a way to make Jesus look bad.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Regardless, Trump has never shut the media up. He may state his opinion of what he thinks of them. That's a far cry from stopping them from saying and publishing whatever they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies