Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:37 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

Can't put this in the sports area... but is the NBA nuts? Do they believe they are invincible?

Long term, this is not a good idea.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Doubles Down on League’s Transgender Activism Stance

After making the extreme move last year to cancel the NBA All-Star Game in Charlotte, North Carolina, over the state’s HB2 bathroom law, the NBA is now looking seriously at canceling events in the State of Texas should the Lone Star State continue down the legislative path of instituting a similar bathroom law. North Carolina’s HB2 Law mandates that people using bathrooms on state property use only those facilities that correspond to their birth sex.

Texas must be the target because the NFL has made note of us as well.

Say what you want - I don't want to take away anyone's rights, but I am not agreeing with putting women at risk by putting them in the same restroom as men. The only concession I would make, is to make the sex correspond to their driver's license or voting registration instead of birth sex. They need to claim one or the other. None of this back and forth nonsense.

Sports is supposed to be an escape and entertainment. Now not only are they bringing politics into the arena - they are bullies about it. You want to share what you believe - fine. But the threats? Good luck with that.

Long term, it will backfire on them. Note from the article...

Meanwhile, ticket prices for the All-Star Game are plunging since the game was switched from North Carolina to New Orleans. Some are pegging that decline to the change in venue.

I watch a good deal of NBA basketball .. but skipped the whole All-Star weekend on TV purposely because they relocated out of Charlotte. Houston Rocket won the three point shootout - would have loved to seen it, but if they want to play politics at this level, so can all of us who pay their salaries.

--------------------------

ESPN is losing a ton of viewers as well as they have gone more left leaning with their content.

ESPN Viewers Dropping Fast, Network Now Admits it Mistreated Conservatives

Report: ESPN Losing 10,000 Subscribers a Day Over Its Political Left Turn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
There have been no reported incidents of a trans person attacking a woman in a bathroom.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:22 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Can't put this in the sports area... but is the NBA nuts? Do they believe they are invincible?

Long term, this is not a good idea.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Doubles Down on League’s Transgender Activism Stance

After making the extreme move last year to cancel the NBA All-Star Game in Charlotte, North Carolina, over the state’s HB2 bathroom law, the NBA is now looking seriously at canceling events in the State of Texas should the Lone Star State continue down the legislative path of instituting a similar bathroom law. North Carolina’s HB2 Law mandates that people using bathrooms on state property use only those facilities that correspond to their birth sex.

Texas must be the target because the NFL has made note of us as well.

Say what you want - I don't want to take away anyone's rights, but I am not agreeing with putting women at risk by putting them in the same restroom as men. The only concession I would make, is to make the sex correspond to their driver's license or voting registration instead of birth sex. They need to claim one or the other. None of this back and forth nonsense.

Sports is supposed to be an escape and entertainment. Now not only are they bringing politics into the arena - they are bullies about it. You want to share what you believe - fine. But the threats? Good luck with that.

Long term, it will backfire on them. Note from the article...

Meanwhile, ticket prices for the All-Star Game are plunging since the game was switched from North Carolina to New Orleans. Some are pegging that decline to the change in venue.

I watch a good deal of NBA basketball .. but skipped the whole All-Star weekend on TV purposely because they relocated out of Charlotte. Houston Rocket won the three point shootout - would have loved to seen it, but if they want to play politics at this level, so can all of us who pay their salaries.

--------------------------

ESPN is losing a ton of viewers as well as they have gone more left leaning with their content.

ESPN Viewers Dropping Fast, Network Now Admits it Mistreated Conservatives

Report: ESPN Losing 10,000 Subscribers a Day Over Its Political Left Turn
States should cut the obsession with social divisive legislation and simply work to create JOBS. Conservatives can't get their heads out of slime and grime.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There have been no reported incidents of a trans person attacking a woman in a bathroom.
Not concerned with the true trans person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
States should cut the obsession with social divisive legislation and simply work to create JOBS. Conservatives can't get their heads out of slime and grime.
That's fine... but the feds under Obama started this push.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Allow private businesses to determine their own bathroom policies.

I'm fine with having a gender neutral bathroom in each government building.

This is so overblown.

Oh, and these sports organizations are being stupid.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:32 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Why don't these folks stay out of the political arena and do what it is that people pay them to do.....

Entertain fans.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Allow private businesses to determine their own bathroom policies.

I'm fine with having a gender neutral bathroom in each government building.

This is so overblown.

Oh, and these sports organizations are being stupid.
Everything is politicized. My whole point is not so much the issue itself, but threat that accompanies their take. They will be cutting off is sizable portion of their customer base if they continue this.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Everything is politicized. My whole point is not so much the issue itself, but threat that accompanies their take. They will be cutting off is sizable portion of their customer base if they continue this.
They're idiots, and it's biting them in the azs.

I can do a full switch to college athletics pretty easy.

And if push comes to shove, I can do without watching any sports.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:43 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Here's the whole mental illness that stems from the left...

You were born with an inboard or outboard system. That makes you a boy/girl.
However in a screwed up mind... You can identify as a woman even though twig and berries dangle between your legs...

Well if that's the case. I'm a 29 year old who identifies as a 65 year old. Give me that social security and give me the senior discounts now. It's what I identify as and you must cater to me for what I identify as... Otherwise your a Phobocisticismist.

Gender neutral bathroom...Tranny friendly sports... Why would anyone cater to this crap?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Not concerned with the true trans person...
What is a "true" Trans-person?

And let's be real, most people like to go to the bathroom to do their business and get out. If someone hypothetically wanted to attack women in bathrooms, a little sign with a woman isn't going to stop them from going in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies