Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times

Advertisements

The destruction of our beautiful country should be of a concern for both parties but instead the Republicans are only trying to maximize corporate profits by destroying our wonderful country..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

The Green Dream of 100% solar and wind will remain a dream, unless someone invents a cheap way to store vast amounts of electricity. The technology does not yet exist.
Storage is not the only issue, you need the capacity to produce it before you can store it. The capacity requirements are huge and at the end of the day you are still gambling.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The destruction of our beautiful country should be of a concern for both parties but instead the Republicans are only trying to maximize corporate profits by destroying our wonderful country..
I will be warm in the winter and I will burn coal as it's cheaper than propane.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:48 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You admonish "Republicans" for not paying attention, for not caring... and yet you haven't even taken the time to read this thread to see that your claims are false, and your understanding of this issue is based on a lack of... or invalid information.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I use coal to heat my house and barn. Lots of it.
Here's a cookie. Go run along little guy.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Lets see...

Land looks great now, AFTER we have used it to greatly benefit our society.

If you want to still complain after that, then your intent is not about the environment, but to promote politics.

By the way, CA is filled with political promotion over the environment while hiding behind the claim to care for the environment. They deal with these "caring" environmentalists yearly with the out of control forest fires (due to restriction of forest management practices), the massive mud slides that follow due to the fires and seasonal rains, and currently... the threatening dam erosion issue in Oroville CA which is a result of both government ineptness and environmental groups suing to stop the construction of a proper secondary spill way years ago.

So excuse me if I don't accept your continued attempt to denounce anything that does not fall into line with the environmentalists political activism. This is what we get with Environmentalism:

But it is ok , you know... because the environmentalist care AND good intentions are all that is needed to see things through!
So you decline to acknowledge that we rape the land for our own benefit because hey we fix it after?

That's what I thought.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You have a problem with almost everything. I'll bet you don't like farmers plowing fields with tractors! LOL
No, I question everything. And I won't apologize for it. Until you have had the ground sink under your home or that of a loved one, you couldn't possibly know the stress such worries cause.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So you decline to acknowledge that we rape the land for our own benefit because hey we fix it after?

That's what I thought.
That's an issue? To restore the ground where mining used to exist? There may be no pleasing You but I don't see any issues with restoring the ground post mining...

When that cloud cover comes in and blocks the solar panels or you find a doldrum day with no breeze to generate electricity with a wind generator... Would you burn coal to stay warm? Or revert to power supplied by probably, a coal fired power plant?

If the topography of an area was mapped out pre mining and restored to original post mining, why is that an issue?

If you have access to a material to profit from, you wouldn't sell or lease the mineral rights to your property and have a nice retirement fund or maybe even funding for a better house/vehicle? Heck I would! In a heart beat! You rape that land! Rape it good! I'll be watching with binoculars and keeping track of how much is getting yanked out per hour, per day to calculate how much I'm owed. Be like having a money tree on the property. Every time I would hear equipment fire up, it would sound just like a cash register!

To sit on an abundant resource that has monetary value and not mine it is silly.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:22 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post

I wonder how many pro-coal people on this thread have actually read those articles. I'm guessing: none. They can't take the truth.
I gotta admit...it must have been utterly humiliating for you, to have posted articles written by people who have no understanding of current-day reclamation protocols, processes and regulations, with yourself laboring under the same deficit of understanding as the authors of the propaganda you shared.

Then, better-informed individuals who happen to know something about surface mining weigh in with far more valuable, substantive contributions to the discussion, thereby obliterating any point you may have thought you had, and your rejoinder is: "That's not fair! Nobody read my ill-informed propaganda!"

You can well imagine the mirth and amusement shared by these better-informed individuals at your expense.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

That's what I thought.
You are just mouthing of meaningless talking points. I showed you where we used the land to our needs and returned it to a natural state and you argued subjective means of that state. You have no argument, you are simply mouthing off your activist propaganda and this is why you are resorting to pointless no substance responses rather than dealing specifically with the facts of the discussion. You activists do this consistently, and it is due to extreme ignorance on the topic because you subscribe to the "movement" out of an emotional need to feel like you are special and part of something more than it is of a logical and practical means to achieve a viable objective.

I saw many of you types when I was growing up. Working in the forestry service as a volunteer, we cleaned up after you folks who partied and polluted the camp sites with your environmental meets to promote the environment. You always showed your true understanding of nature and your true dedication to the cause. If it was standing around mouthing off, trashing and tearing up crap, you people were front and center... when it was cleaning up, and actually putting your words to action, you were nowhere to be found.

Shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies