Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:04 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Boy your post show you really are a biased individual.
There is nothing biased about pointing out the indisputable FACT that the reporter deliberately LIED.

He did not fact check his own claim.

That is called LYING.

Quote:
The reporter looked in what he believed was the proper place and saw no bust. Apparently behind an open door and an attendant. So he reported the truth as he personally saw it.
If you are in a room and you are expecting an object to be in plain view in that room, but a part of the room where that object might be is blocked from your view by an obstruction, then the proper thing to conclude is that you don't know whether said object is in the room or not.

And until you DO know that the object is not in the room, you should NOT claim that it is not in the room.

If you DO claim that it is not in the room, then you are LYING.

That is just common sense.

As I said -- duh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 11:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is fake news as print media has been struggling for a decade with the rise of the internet and changing advertising landscape. Every paper large and small has been consolidating, laying off or folding no matter how they lean. They are also closing news bureaus, eliminating photographers and editors and cutting costs alll over the place.

NYT is doing a good job compared to its peers for monetizing in the social media age.

It is sad because everyone is just republishing the stories from the AP, and we have less coverage and less options now. NYT is one of few full service outlets left.
The war with Trump and his attempt to quash independent journalism will HELP the Times...
I gave two digital subscriptions for Xmas presents
More people should do,that

I just found out that Amazon Prime members can get 6 mo free to Washington Post (thanks Bezos) and them half price for rest of year...best rate I found...because there are WaPo stories that are initial news...

Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You don't have to invent false stories to be bias. It's how or what you are presenting is where the bias comes in. For example my local paper is very liberal and after Trumps immigration order day after day they published articles that were biased against Trump and never provided one article or interview from the other side.
Uhh sorry but my local paper had the same published content. And it is heavily biased to the right. The RJ was just about the only major paper in the US who endorsed Trump.

Trump's problem was simple...there was no news on his side. Simply a stupid move badly executed.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:01 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There is nothing biased about pointing out the indisputable FACT that the reporter deliberately LIED.

That is called LYING.

If you are in a room and you are expecting an object to be in plain view in that room, but a part of the room where that object might be is blocked from your view by an obstruction, then the proper thing to conclude is that you don't know whether said object is in the room or not.

And until you DO know that the object is not in the room, you should NOT claim that it is not in the room.

If you DO claim that it is not in the room, then you are LYING.

That is just common sense.

As I said -- duh!
He believed he was looking at the correct place. He was wrong and immediately corrected the tweet and apologized for his error.

That is a mistake well corrected and is not a lie and was never the subject of media stories.

Basically your posts are lies. You know he did not lie yet claim it to be true. That is a deliberate lie.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I say the Washington Post still claims the mantle of paper most worthy to be used as toilet paper. Not a shred of journalistic integrity there, not even a shred.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:12 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I think part of the problem is that Trumpy isn't smart enough to figure out the difference between a news story and an opinion piece; neither can his breathless minions and followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think it's sad to celebrate the decline of a business. Lost jobs and all that.
Well, Trump keeps crowing about how he's going to bring our jobs back ... Sure hope he doesn't discriminate against all the journalists who've lost their jobs to layoffs over the past several years, myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You don't have to invent false stories to be bias.
"Bias" is a noun or a verb. A story can have bias; a story can be biased. It cannot cannot "be bias".

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are allowed to believe what you want, however you are not free to make up your own facts.

Slim doubled his stake in the Times to 16.8 percent last year after exercising options tied to a $250 million loan he gave the company that helped it survive the financial downturn in 2009. His current stake in the company is valued at more than $300 million.

If he owns options he own shares. If it is a traded company and he has a 16.8% stake he own shares.

If he has $300,000,000.00 invested in the NYT you better believe he has something to say about the operation of the company.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Quote:

That is called LYING.
It is not, and his observation was not a deliberate attempt to present a falsehood. The guy didn't see something he thought should be there; when he realized his mistake, he corrected it. Don't be obtuse.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:32 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
How come the reporter lying about the MLK bust doesn't bother you?
He corrected his story within the hour, and apologized for being wrong.

Still, deflect, deflect, deflect. Don't address my question to YOU of how you tolerate Trumps BLATANT lies, time after time after time.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Just a few examples for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
For years we have been reading what you have to say; we are well aware of what a compliant follower is.
GOP Mouthpiece: "Hate all the media we don't control!"
GOP Followers: "We hate all the media you don't control!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Obama sucks!"
GOP Followers: "We hate him!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Hate science!"
GOP Followers: "We hate science!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Hate schools!"
GOP Followers: "We hate schools!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Send your kids off to our wars!"
GOP Followers: "We'll send our kids off to your wars!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Hate taxes for the rich!"
GOP Followers: "We hate taxes for the rich!"

GOP Mouthpiece: "Corporations are people and they need tax cuts!"
GOP Followers: "Don't tax the job creators. They're busy hiring in China!"

Carry on.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:04 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
It's a lie because what he said isn't true and he made no effort to check out the facts.

Duh.
So then it is true that Trump lied when he attempted to brag about his victory being the biggest Electoral College victory since Ronald Reagan and had to be corrected by reporter Peter Alexander? Trump then lied again in the very next sentence when he said “Well, I was talking about Republicans" which was also not true.

It seems Trump made no effort to check the facts himself as he said, “Well, I don't know, I was given that information. I was given that. We had a very big margin.”

Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I say the Washington Post still claims the mantle of paper most worthy to be used as toilet paper. Not a shred of journalistic integrity there, not even a shred.
It makes pretty good bird cage bottoms too. Or it would, if I subscribed to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies