Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 08:51 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,626,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
President Trump is the closest thing to Jesus Christ.
He sees everything.
Actually, God sees everything, so President Trump is the closest thing to God.
Jesus is also the closest thing to God.
er whaaaah?

Giving him a John Lennon complex now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 08:55 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,263,948 times
*And yet again not brought to you by the MSM*

Eh? Its been all over the MSM

I hope no one has been injured and the perpetrators are dealt with swiftly and appropriately. However this didn't happen Friday night so Trump is hardly right, unless he's in some kind of time warp thing and is actually speaking from several days in the future - if so, someone needs to ask him the lotto numbers.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:56 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
I have not read the entire thread, but I don't see any sign that there was some major riot on Friday night, the night to which Trump referred.

That there was rioting on some other night, well... let's look at the US for a moment.

Do we have riots here sometimes?

So, he wasn't not correct when he spoke last weekend. Nothing happened Friday night in Sweden.

Perhaps his commentary incited violence in Sweden above and beyond the norm. Perhaps this would have happened anyway... who knows?

This was what I was speaking of when I said that his words have potential consequences.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:02 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,263,948 times
Does anyone have any actual information about who was involved in the riot? Because all I've read is that it took place in an high immigrant area but that doesn't necessarily mean it was immigrants involved (the odds still are though but interesting to consider, especially with what RedZin just said about Trump's commentary possibly inciting violence)

Old 02-21-2017, 09:02 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,127,312 times
We hosted a German exchange student from Berlin a few years ago. When we asked about life in Berlin, he said it was good to visit, but we would have to avoid certain areas of it, especially at night. I asked why? He said "the Arabs" have overran parts of it and they have ZERO respect for German laws or the German police or the German people. He said we would get mugged, or possibly even killed.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:06 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,248,268 times
Trump is prescient.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:07 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
Spelled out here....

Presenter says the far left press in Sweden refuses to state who caused the riot. But it apparently was started by a single person being detained by the police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC2tC0WER7w

Lots of heads exploding today.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,248,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Does anyone have any actual information about who was involved in the riot? Because all I've read is that it took place in an high immigrant area but that doesn't necessarily mean it was immigrants involved (the odds still are though but interesting to consider, especially with what RedZin just said about Trump's commentary possibly inciting violence)
Read the article. It said the violence erupted after the police tried to catch a drug dealer. RedZin (by the way, how is this person a moderator?) is a Trump hater and basically makes up stuff.

Quote:
The disorder reportedly broke out after police arrested a wanted person, believed to be a drug dealer, at the subway station in Rinkeby at about 8pm that night.
'It happened in connection with an intervention near the metro station, the officers were to detain a person, our colleagues got stones thrown at them' Eva Nilsson at the police regional command center in Stockholm told Aftonbladet.

Read more: Riots in the Stockholm suburb Trump mentioned in speech | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 02-21-2017, 09:11 AM

5,078 posts, read 2,290,349 times
According to that BBC article, there were 90 fires on Thursday night. From the article:

"The BBC's Steve Evans in Stockholm says the disturbances [Monday] were nevertheless not as serious as those seen previously. According to the fire brigade, there were 70 fires, compared with 90 on Thursday."

Though if Trump knew about the Thursday fires, why wouldn't he have just said that was what he meant? In any case, whatever he did or didn't mean, it's taking attention away from the real problem, which most places in Europe are trying desperately to minimize.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:12 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,491,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Thats right. People here believe whatever cnn or other major media networks or celebrities tell them to believe. Majority here have a very narrow view of the outside world. Thats why they have big difficulties believing the truth. If you have traveled outside the usa or have friends/family in other parts of the world, you might get a different perspective of what is really going on & wont dismiss news like this as fake just because cnn failed to report it.
Yep. Smart people that I know get their news from FOX!

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies