Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 10:25 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Do you care about other nations? The UK not wanting him to speak to Parliament? That Sweden questions what he is talking about? That so many countries have made videos making fun of Trump? That doesn't bother you at all?
1) There are many people who don't want him to speak in parliament, and there are many who do, or are indifferent.

2) You don't think other countries made fun of Obama or Bush?

3) I expect anyone who doesn't agree with Trump's politics to bash him every chance they get. That is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It is about diplomacy. It is about keeping peace. It is not about 'doing what the world would love him to do. If you are a country with someone in power that behaves like a toddler it has repercussions.
Look, I understand diplomacy. And I agree that Trump is often "crude". But the things he is taking heat for, are issues not isolated only to America. His positions on trade, and immigration, which have been attacked mercilessly by the media, are part of a wave of nationalist sentiment which is moving across the world.

While Trump is being mocked for his comments on Sweden, the anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats, are now the second-most popular party in Sweden.

Brexit was part of that wave, and Nigel Farage came to America to speak in favor of Donald Trump.

You may end up being on the wrong side of history.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You also failed to note that Obama had more maturity and class than Trump does, despite the fact that Don is 70 years old.
More maturity and class? I think not. Obozo was a racist POS. Hip hop parties in the WH featuring alleged cop killers? Inviting an illegal alien into the WH? Going on foreign soil and calling Americans "arrogant" and stupid"?

If that is your definition of class and maturity, them i weep for the future

Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He wasn't embarrassing.
Obama was more than embarrassing, he was shocking. A president of the United States bashing America overseas? But I get it. A lot of people feel just the way you do...America needed to be taken down a peg and Obama was just the guy to do it. Which is why Trump clobbered Hillary and Democrats lost resoundingly in states across the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
100% of thinking Americans are embarrassed by Trump.
Actually no, but keep hyperbolating, Republicans love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, becuase Obama didn't do that.Educate yourself a little more and things like this won't happen to you.
Sigh...here's a little education from the Heritage Foundation for you: Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower | The Heritage Foundation

And here's a little education from Politico - and they provide a handy excuse for Obama's treachery to the US: Obama's 'apology' complex - POLITICO

And here's CNN with a little education for ya: CNN Fact Check: Obama went on an apology tour, Romney and others say - CNNPolitics.com

Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The most embassassing president was Bill Clinton. The world whispered and laughed as Clintons sexcapades in the White House was known around the world. I cringed while Clinton went to another country. And the liberal left wanted to put this embassassment back into the White House.
While what Bill Clinton did is inexcusable it doesn't directly impact us as Americans nor should it impact Hillary as a candidate. It's like saying, putting a blanket statement that Hitler was evil, so all Germans must be evil too. Get real.

Or Trump is an incompetent, self-serving clown so his whole administration must be equally incompetent and self-serving....

Except in this case, the last statement is true... SAD

Old 02-23-2017, 10:35 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I could care less if other countries like us. And I could care less if you like me.

In fact, I kind of like that you don't like me, considering I don't really like you, and if it were up to me, we would never share the same country.

If the goal of a country, or a person, should be focused only on doing what others want, then he has disallowed himself the right to his own opinion, to have his own feelings. He has ceased to be an individual, or a sovereign nation.

That isn't to say that I want people to dislike me. But keep in mind, other countries like us only insofar as we are beneficial to them.

If Trump did what the majority of the world wanted him to do, then the majority of the world would love him. But what the majority of the world wants, should not dictate the actions of this country.

If China hates me because I'm not doing want they want, why should I care? And likewise, why should they care if I don't like what they are doing?

This whole business is absurd.

You should always do what you think is right. If Sweden doesn't like it, they can go to hell.
Great post.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:45 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Americans are embarrassed by him, and its only been one month....

Nearly 60% are embarrassed, including majority of Independents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5696bd3061da

Two polls released this week offer that downside to President Trump. New surveys from Quinnipiac University and McClatchy-Marist reveal that Trump — never terribly popular nationally — continues to be seen as dishonest, a poor leader and unstable.

What’s more, the U.S. is embarrassed by him.
"
REGISTERED VOTERS
PARTY IDENTIFICATION
Republican 25%
Democrat 34
Independent 33
Other/DK/NA 8

You pol 9% MORE dems and 8% MORE Ind then repubs and you expect a different outcome.

Pol FAIL!

Some would think that after the last election debacle with the pols that some would be embarrassed to post them!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Makes sense. He's an embarrassing guy.

The amount of babying and care this guy needs is ridiculous.

His staff must ensure he only sees good news about himself to protect his fragile ego and keep him from tweeting idiotic things. This seriously embarrassing stuff.

He's more like a child-king than a dignified presidential leader. Snowflake in Chief.

"...The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk..."

How Trump’s campaign staffers tried to keep him off Twitter - POLITICO

Staffers Plant Alternative Facts to Stop Trump From Tweeting

Old 02-23-2017, 10:55 AM

274 posts, read 120,526 times
Obama did not decide to sue a commoner who did not agree with him.Obama did not sue when That one kid posted on youtube about Barron trump being 'autistic' All the kid said was he could be could being the key word.TRUMP Sued Trump also SUED Rosie O'donnell I mean god she is annoying and had it coming but did OBAMA SUE?No the point is Obama could take a hit with out acting like a baby who had his lolly pop taken away...

Old 02-23-2017, 10:55 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,497 times
If one CHOOSES to be embarrassed by anyone else, that is a personal CHOICE ... you are choosing to let that someone else control your feelings/reactions. No one can MAKE you feel a certain way, so there is no responsibility on the part of anyone else when you make that choice.

Apparently many people just don't want to take responsibility for their own actions/reactions any more.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Americans are embarrassed by him, and its only been one month....

Nearly 60% are embarrassed, including majority of Independents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5696bd3061da

Two polls released this week offer that downside to President Trump. New surveys from Quinnipiac University and McClatchy-Marist reveal that Trump — never terribly popular nationally — continues to be seen as dishonest, a poor leader and unstable.

What’s more, the U.S. is embarrassed by him.
Of course the Washington Post is so trustworthy and credible. They would know

This is Opinion passing for real news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies