Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times

Advertisements

Wow, it's not often that I see such a flawed blog....The guy is pretending to support climate science, but almost every point he makes is 180 degrees from reality....He's a poe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 08:12 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Again, I merely told people to read the emails for themselves and you continue to make claims you can not support.

Here you go people, each time he tries to push down the comments so you can't see the link, I will continue to provide it.

Again, he thinks you are too stupid to read on your own and understand the comments in these emails. I don't think you are, I think you can understand them just fine.

Complete Climategate Emails and Data
And here I thought spam was frowned on in this forum.....It's crap from Anthony Watts folks, best ignored.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:02 AM

57,361 posts, read 26,276,409 times
I heard last night that section of the Larsen Ice Shelf in Antarctica broke off or calved, it's the size of Rhode Island. I haven't been able to locate the text but this has been imminent for some time. It's on average 1000 feet thick and 2000 square miles.

NASA's satellite ICEsat-1 that studies the pole went out in 2009 and the new satellite planned for launched in 2018 may be dropped due to proposed budget cuts. It's difficult to study from aircraft because of the size so satellites are important.

News story from last month:

Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf may slide into the ocean - Business Insider

Old 03-09-2017, 07:28 AM

35,123 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
So screw the U.N. U.N. policy mumbo jumbo doesn't invalidate the science of human-induced climate change.
No. But 'U.N. mumbo jumbo" makes quite clear what the real agenda is.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:12 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Today I found out that the UN is a part of the scientific community. Learn something new every day.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM

18,504 posts, read 9,179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Climatologists have no control over people who might use AGW to push a political agenda. Abuse of legitimate science by ideologues doesn't invalidate the underlying science.

There's ample evidence that smoking is dangerous to human health, regardless of the agendas that may or may not arise from that fact.

Bad logic: "Anti-smoking organizations want to ban smoking in bars, therefore smoking is perfectly healthy."

Bad logic: "Various organizations want to eliminate coal mining, therefore CO2 is not a greenhouse gas that contributes to AGW."

Last edited by Freak80; 03-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect snafu

Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
And here I thought spam was frowned on in this forum.....It's crap from Anthony Watts folks, best ignored.
Again, notice the position of the poster. They "claim" the link is opinions from Anthony Watts, this is source dismissal attempt that doesn't want you people to realize that the links are all to the original content of the emails.

This link takes you to a collected list of the most troubling topics in the climatgate 2.0 emails, as well links to the climategate 1.0 emails and data.

Go ahead and click on a given topic link and it will take you to Tom Nelson's blog with the entire email shown for the relevant linked topic.

All of these can be verified to their original sources.

You see, unlike the poster above, I don't need to appeal to authority, I would rather everyone hear the information from the source and decide for themselves while posters like the above think you people to be too stupid to understand and you should worship at the feet of their appeals to authority.

Enjoy the links people, some are extremely damning, but these people will lie, twist, and manipulate to deny it. Talk about "real" denial.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:57 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I heard last night that section of the Larsen Ice Shelf in Antarctica broke off or calved, it's the size of Rhode Island. I haven't been able to locate the text but this has been imminent for some time. It's on average 1000 feet thick and 2000 square miles.

NASA's satellite ICEsat-1 that studies the pole went out in 2009 and the new satellite planned for launched in 2018 may be dropped due to proposed budget cuts. It's difficult to study from aircraft because of the size so satellites are important.

News story from last month:

Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf may slide into the ocean - Business Insider
Breakup of the Larsen B Ice Shelf triggered by chain reaction drainage of supraglacial lakes

Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 AM

97 posts, read 58,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Again, notice the position of the poster. They "claim" the link is opinions from Anthony Watts, this is source dismissal attempt that doesn't want you people to realize that the links are all to the original content of the emails.

This link takes you to a collected list of the most troubling topics in the climatgate 2.0 emails, as well links to the climategate 1.0 emails and data.

Go ahead and click on a given topic link and it will take you to Tom Nelson's blog with the entire email shown for the relevant linked topic.

All of these can be verified to their original sources.

You see, unlike the poster above, I don't need to appeal to authority, I would rather everyone hear the information from the source and decide for themselves while posters like the above think you people to be too stupid to understand and you should worship at the feet of their appeals to authority.

Enjoy the links people, some are extremely damning, but these people will lie, twist, and manipulate to deny it. Talk about "real" denial.
The emails are misconstrued by anybody who doesn't understand what the scientists were specifically talking about. Even if there was any shenanigans going on(which there wasn't), some emails from one university hardly shows that global warming is false and lied about across the board. Quite the opposite, there are bodies upon bodies of evidence supporting it.

Obviously these emails for the uninitiated and uneducated have given them something to cling onto.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:55 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuralNet88 View Post
The emails are misconstrued by anybody who doesn't understand what the scientists were specifically talking about. Even if there was any shenanigans going on(which there wasn't), some emails from one university hardly shows that global warming is false and lied about across the board. Quite the opposite, there are bodies upon bodies of evidence supporting it.

Obviously these emails for the uninitiated and uneducated have given them something to cling onto.
That much is certainly CRYSTAL clear. What is the count for linking to the same Gish Gallop up to now? 15 times? 20 times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies