Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:18 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary calling us deplorables. McCain calling us CRAZIES. That is OK. Trump defended us against McCain and Hillary. Trump is no wimp.
You needed defending because some politicians called certain trump supporters names ?

LOL.

And Trump is a wimp. He is such a crybaby he cant stand anyone criticizing him even a little, and now is starting down the road of banning news orgs who "are mean' to him.

Yeah, such a tough guy.

And I didnt vote for HC and am not a Dem.

Two things will tell you a lot about what you need to know about Trump supporters.

1, Trump pegged them correctly when he said he could shoot a person in the street and they would still support him. He understands he is a cult leader and they are his followers, his sheeple, who will not question him.

Donald Trump says he could shoot someone on a busy street and not lose voters | The Independent

2, Over 50% of Trump supporters reported believing that the Muslim ban will keep them safe from things like the Bowling Green massacre. Which, or course, never happened. The percentages agreeing with this among supporters of all other POTUS candidates, including Stein and Johnson, was single digit for each group.

http://www.recode.net/2017/2/10/1457...tter-fake-news

Trump supporters are easily manipulated people, which Trump understands and uses to his advantage. As far as I know, not one Trump supporter ever admitted that Trump flat out lied to them about his lie that Obama harassed and kicked out a Trump supporter from his rally, when the truth was plain that it was Obama who defended the guy and his right to protest against Obama. Nor was there ever any indication they even cared after they were shown the truth.

Again, Trump knows they are his sheeple to deceive as he likes.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ooting-sot.cnn

Old 02-26-2017, 09:08 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Well I don't feel attacked or victimised.

If I'm deplorable, great!

I like money. I like guns. I like motorsports. I pull my own weight. I want my old health insurance pre-obama care. You know the kind that didnt jump up 200 percent in price, didn't have a 2,000 dollar deductible to be met for a calander year modeled after car insurance... And be mandated to purchase a product...or pay a fine. Unless you are of a certain religion that believes insurance is a gamble and gambling is against your religion...

I don't have any issues with someone modifying their vehicle to obtain better mpg, run more efficiently, have more power on tap. EPA, CARB, CAFE regulation of products we own, that isn't free market...
What I find hypocritical of the EPA is, placing fines and regulations on this that and the other. If it really truly served its purpose to protect the environment... Wouldn't there be blimps with catalysts floating around cleaning the air? Paid for and developed from fines and penalties collected? Im from NY, the Hudson river... all the talk I heard is how polluted and contaminated by GE PCBs... And how dredging was going to fix it...

Where was the EPA getting their equipment out and performing that task? Where was the water filtration systems built by the EPA to clean the water?
Better yet... How is taxing carbon output going to reverse, stop, slow down global warming?

I'll bet the farm, maybe less than 1 percent of the populace has disposable cash to modify a vehicle they own to perform without emissions control devices. Ever look up the cost of a diesel pickup? Take your pick, dodge gm ford. Now look up the price of egr deletes and dpf doc and scr delete kits. Now add in labor since (speaking as a powerstroke certified tech) these tasks aren't quickly or reliably accomplished by the average joe in his driveway and garage, add in tuning software... Properly tuned they dont roll coal.
Same with corvettes mustangs camaros chargers challengers or heck even the import and exotic performance enthusiasts... Ditching catalytic converters adding turbos superchargers upgrading fuel systems etc. I doubt average joes are buying 35k dollar + vehicles every single day, paying straight cash at that, voiding manufactures warranties, to build 11 second and faster vehicles for daily driving...

I support Trump. My investments are yeilding gains.
Having my interests such as the 2A protected is a plus.
Wanting to reduce welfare and help to create jobs is great.
Wanting to nix obama care/ACA is great.
Wanting to enforce laws that punish businesses exploiting illegal aliens for sweatshop labor is great! (Thats how the rich stay richer pay next to nothing for labor to increase air condtioner pencil pusher desk jockey salaries higher with a decrease in overhead for minimum/sub minimum wage labor)
Deporting those regardless of race religion color creed for coming here illegally, great! Why should anyone be granted the same opportunities the citizens of this country do, if they themselves are not a citizen?
Restricting refugees from entering fine by me... Who's going to support them? House feed clothe and tend to medical needs? I'm not willing to. Not when there are homeless jobless Americans and Veterans... Focus on our own first before worrying about ANY other countries problems.
My stance on education defies what most of my generation believe in. If you cant afford to put yourself in school, and calculate the debt you will inherit, then why go? Colleges are businesses out to make a profit. Don't think so? I dont know any professors or colleges that offer free courses or teach for free... If the school you want to attend for a piece of paper will cost you x amount per semester, have a loan that exists until death or reimbursement for a term of y, and you're going to earn z in the first few years (if you're lucky enough to become gainfully employed) then why not seek a less expensive school to attend. End of the day what difference does a degree matter whether it came from say a state college, or community college, vs private ivy league college? Like a car. Gets you from point A to point B. If you can afford a brand new 15k dollar econobox with 10k for a down payment, why go for a 72-84 month note on a Cadillac/Audi/Lexus/Acura/Infinity? Just for the same reason you'd attend a school you're indebted to-bragging rights.

Problem with society as I see it... It's been diluted and weakened. Everyone has a card to hide behind, everyone has a crutch to get by. An excuse or find a boogyman to blame for this that and the other. No longer is there personal accountability for ones actions or lack of actions... Those pesky Russians meddling with our elections and all that jazz... AR15s being weapons of war with only one purpose... Diesel vehicles being rolling cancer on wheels contributing to glowbull warming...

I don't believe in a big brother dependency. Which is what I saw with contenders in the lefts candidates... Left likes to use the whole coal mining argument. Ok same can be said for those in other industries who are facing layoffs and jobs going down the drain... If you can't see the writing on the wall and seek other avenues and skill sets to pursue, and have grown dependent upon one thing, and one thing only-being your job... Sorry not sorry.
Look to Detroit for example... If you're sole purpose in life, was to assemble vehicles, and you had no other skill sets to fall back on no plan B or C to feed yourself... Who's responsible for that? The plant you worked solely for? Or you? If you don't dabble and learn and embrace other avenues and evolve to fit in the job market... Who's fault is that? Yes it's a shame corporations are run by pencil pushers consultants and accountants but their mentality is to do what? Lower costs increase profits. I dont sugar coat it. Thats the cold hard truth. Could someone in their 40s who only knew how to install 1 component on an assembly line, go out and make comparable money elsewhere? Nope. But someone like me who has had their hands in various skilled trades sure can. I faced not climbing up the pay scale. What do I do? Find a union rep to pay to represent me? Or nix my debts asap in hopes to pursue another avenue and become my own boss and make my own hours and pay?
I chose the latter... Anyone can do it. You were born with 2 hands to work with. 2 eyes and 2 ears to listen and pay attention with. 1 mouth to ask questions when confused stuck or dont know. If more people applied themselves today instead of seeking excuses there wouldnt be a need for the ACA Welfare etc.

My brother in law supported Trump until his cousin who over stayed his visa now faces being deported back to Poland. That is racism, he was all for deporting illegal aliens and when the shoe was put on the other foot now he hates Trump. He thought deportation only applied to Mexicans and people from latin and south America. Nope. Now my brother in law is livid for his cousin... But was fine with others being rounded up by ICE...

Old 02-26-2017, 09:14 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

My brother in law supported Trump until his cousin who over stayed his visa now faces being deported back to Poland. That is racism, he was all for deporting illegal aliens and when the shoe was put on the other foot now he hates Trump. He thought deportation only applied to Mexicans and people from latin and south America. Nope. Now my brother in law is livid for his cousin... But was fine with others being rounded up by ICE...
Isn't that interesting.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Isn't that interesting.
It most certainly is. I find it racist how my brother in law was so vehemently pro Trump for deporting illegals and once the shoe was placed on the other foot (him thinking he'd only apply it to Latinos) now "hates" him...

Umm policy is policy. It doesn't solely apply to one particular group of people. Had this argument last night after a few beers (highly entertaining I might add) with him.

If you're cousin is solely responsible for maintaining his status in the country, or becoming a citizen, then how is he a victim of this? I'm sure he knew the terms of his visa... Im sure he knew what the deadlines were, so whats his excuse? Why didn't he straighten his issues out? I'm sure his employer would have allowed him to have the day(s) or time off needed to straighten the ordeal out. I'm sure you'll find some pressing matter to excuse his behavior and thats when the shouting started

Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I found this fascinating. I hope we can move to discussions instead of name calling. What I found most glaring, and have noticed this on the CD forum is that Trump supporters feel attacked, and have for a long time. In this new era the name calling and divisiveness is becoming the norm. I hope we can change that.

Sam Altman: Here's what I learned interviewing 100 Trump supporters - Business Insider

When you get lied to and lied about for 100 years, get back to me.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:36 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Pretty simple for me as someone who cant stand Trump:
1) Trump didn't depose or attempt to depose heads of state like Obama (Libya and Syria)
2) Didn't get us involved in Yemen.
3) Didn't trade Terrorist for Deserters who would later return to the battle field.
4) Didn't pull us out of Afganistan after killing Bin Laden.
5) Didn't get us back into Iraq after declaring victory.
7) Didn't use his power to prevent the prosecution of his Gun running attorney general.
8) Didn't claim a video was responsible for a terrorist attack.
9) etc etc

Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
It most certainly is. I find it racist how my brother in law was so vehemently pro Trump for deporting illegals and once the shoe was placed on the other foot (him thinking he'd only apply it to Latinos) now "hates" him...

Umm policy is policy. It doesn't solely apply to one particular group of people. Had this argument last night after a few beers (highly entertaining I might add) with him.

If you're cousin is solely responsible for maintaining his status in the country, or becoming a citizen, then how is he a victim of this? I'm sure he knew the terms of his visa... Im sure he knew what the deadlines were, so whats his excuse? Why didn't he straighten his issues out? I'm sure his employer would have allowed him to have the day(s) or time off needed to straighten the ordeal out. I'm sure you'll find some pressing matter to excuse his behavior and thats when the shouting started
Breaking laws somehow became acceptable under the last administration.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:47 AM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:

Both your brother-in-law and his cousin have problems.

I never actually heard President Trump promise he was only going to go after Hispanics. His cousin overstays his visa, does nothing about it and it's now President Trump's fault he's facing deportation?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:51 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Sam Altman was a good friend of Peter Thiel. Sam Altman is a rabid leftist it seems (and of course Thiel supported Trump). I don't think he knows how to cope with that division even now.

Just a hunch but just as suddenly Van Jones put on a kinder, gentler persona recently, pretending to want to find out how and why Trump supporters tick, I suspect Altman is doing the same. I don't think either of these guys really want to know for any decent purpose (such as truly understanding why Trump won so they can figure out how to modify things on the Dem side for next time) .. I think they probably just want loads more ammo to hit us with or ways to attack Trump so they (think they will) can see us dance.

Wish I could be less skeptical but not all of us are idiots, nor do we live in fear, nor do we care any more what anyone calls us, nor do we have a vendetta against anyone with any other views, nor are we all gun-toting, bible-clinging haters. We just find it relatively easy to see through most of what the left does these days - they have been quite transparent but refuse to see that we have too I guess. There is just something there that doesn't quite connect it seems in their brains.

Some of us just thought through things and, for my part, I came to the conclusion that a) there was only candidate addressing issues at all b) there was only one candidate addressing issues that had concerned me for a long time c) (as I said I don't care about name calling but) people were constantly telling me or those like me that we were racist, homophobic, xenophobic, whatevers and that got rather tiresome, wasn't true, and I didn't feel like running to the other side when they did that. They still haven't learned that lesson but that is now their problem. When they speak up, almost every time I will give them the other side of the story - and perhaps if I am persistent, eventually they will get it - but I know they will never like it.

I think I am a very reasonable, pretty darned tolerant, fairly nice, polite person. I have written many fairly clear, not nasty, posts in this forum .. and if anyone had bothered to read them, they would have already figured out why I am a Trump supporter. A number of others have done that too .. but no one is really listening to us. /shrug

You just articulated what I bet many of us have felt for a long time -- and not just on CD. When Trump announced he was running, I heard his speech and just laughed. All I could picture was so many who hated him going absolutely bats*** crazy. I didn't like the man and I still don't. But I've never voted in any election based on who I might like. I don't have to like a candidate to vote for them; I just have to believe that person will do the best job possible. I kept an open mind for as long as I could, even though I thought HRC would be the worst thing for our country. My vote was quickly becoming a decision shifting from "the lesser of two evils" to, "why the f*** do these Hillary supporters feel so superior to everyone else?". The left was so intent on exaggerating Trump's cons while glossing over HRC's cons...with the ever-present message that if you weren't on the Hillary train, you were an inbred racist. The constant chatter use of "misogynist, zenephobe, *** *** ***" just kept reinforcing my growing resentment of the left. I've never registered with any party and almost always vote across the lines. But the false sense of superiority from the left when clearly their candidate was undesirable, just continued to push me towards a Trump vote. It destroyed any trace of swinging to the left. I too would have voted Bernie...still would have thought him to be the lesser of two evils...and I bet he would have won. I will reserve judgment on Trump's performance until he's been around a bit longer. For every unfiltered sentence that makes me shake my head, there's an action that makes me think, better that action than Hillary continuing her destruction.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
While I agree with you, you also have to hear what they are saying. They feel attacked for the last eight years. I personally don't see it, but if here are random people feeling like this, you can't discount their perception.
Yes. A lot of Republicans have expressed that they felt attacked over the last several years. I too, would be interested in hearing why they feel that way. ( aside from Clinton's stupid deplorable comment)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies