Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:33 PM

1,285 posts, read 593,866 times

Advertisements

It my experience US Customs and Border people are generally complete idiots, "Keystone cops" that would find it a difficult task to locate Australia on a map of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 12:53 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,894,571 times
This is the US. We as a Country have the right to vet as much as needed.

I do not understand the conflict. Its better to be sure than have a anther 911.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:57 PM

51,657 posts, read 25,882,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This is the US. We as a Country have the right to vet as much as needed.

I do not understand the conflict. Its better to be sure than have a anther 911.
9/11 was over 15 years ago. Vetting methods we've been using appear to be working.

Using logic, reasoning, and facts, please explain why we suddenly need to insult old women to keep us safe.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,387,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Where the **** have you been. The TSA that Obama put in place has been a disaster. They have been rude and corrupt from the beginning. Where is all the outrage when an American CITIZEN is detained because they ended up on the no-fly list for no reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"The TSA that Obama put in place...?"

The TSA was founded on November 19, 2001.

But those were the days of "if you didn't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

The ACLU has spoken out about people wrongly placed on the no-fly list.
But they're liberals so what do they know, right?

Old 02-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Being old, white and a woman does not give you a free pass from being questioned. I am sure she must have pulled a fast one about being a famous author, being in the country many times and how dare she be questioned ( I have never heard of her. Is she famous like like Rowling and Stephen King that even the common man would have heard of her? Does she expect an immigration official at LAX to know about her children's books ). Anyway a little attitude would have gotten under the skin of the official and he used his power to detain and interrogate her.

Does not matter how rich and famous you are. If you are stopped or questioned by a immigration or customs official or a police officer being nice and polite goes a long way in having a quick and pleasant ending.

Can no one read around here? Are you a trump supporter? This was not about her supposed indignation of having her white privilege taken away. Mem was attempting to illustrate what someone with a muslim or middle eastern background must be dealing with while the TSA is currently in the grips of a trump induced xenophobia by detailing her own experience as an elderly white woman.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm sure she expected to be treated like a queen. And when they didn't kiss her behind, she labeled them as rude. And from her comments, she went in hating the folks that were dealing with her.

I'd like to hear specifically what words were insulting and full of disdain.
Just wait, your turn will be coming up soon.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I can understand why Ms Fox would upset and perplexed about her treatment, after all, prior to being detained, she had already visited the US 116 times without incident.
So 116 errors, but they finally got it right the 117th time.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:57 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,248,182 times
I'm world famous (in my mind) American and my flight was delayed for 2 hours on the way to Australia....I'm never going back there.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:36 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,130,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post

Can no one read around here? Are you a trump supporter? This was not about her supposed indignation of having her white privilege taken away. Mem was attempting to illustrate what someone with a muslim or middle eastern background must be dealing with while the TSA is currently in the grips of a trump induced xenophobia by detailing her own experience as an elderly white woman.
No. They can't read.

Maybe the Ex-Norwegian PM is also a threat. Travelling on a diplomatic passport
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...014-visit-iran

But he said he had never had a problem visiting the US before, and that his office was told by the US embassy in Oslo before his trip that his passport and a separate electronic travel authorisation were all he needed.

Or Henry Rousso, Historian

French Holocaust historian Henry Rousso says US 'no longer quite the US' after being held for 10 hours at immigration | The Independent

However he said his situation was “nothing compared to some of the people I saw who couldn’t be defended as I was".

Old 02-28-2017, 02:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No. They can't read.

Maybe the Ex-Norwegian PM is also a threat. Travelling on a diplomatic passport
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...014-visit-iran

But he said he had never had a problem visiting the US before, and that his office was told by the US embassy in Oslo before his trip that his passport and a separate electronic travel authorisation were all he needed.

Or Henry Rousso, Historian

French Holocaust historian Henry Rousso says US 'no longer quite the US' after being held for 10 hours at immigration | The Independent

However he said his situation was “nothing compared to some of the people I saw who couldn’t be defended as I was".
Customs, Immigration and ICE have been "hassling" people for years -- remember the "Don't touch my junk" guy? the congressman on the no-fly list? -- but it's only a "problem" now that Trump is president.

File under fake news.

Nothing to see here, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies