Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:51 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow that makes it worse. Trump was a buffoon then to go in with a 3 month old plan that Obama rejected - a 3 month old rejected plan when the situation on the ground (number, location, & strength of the enemy) had surely changed in the meantime.The SEALS were totally surprised by the strength and locations of the enemy.

To justify the attack, and call it a success, the Pentagon released a video that they recovered in the raid - a 10 year old Al Qaeda propaganda video:

Pentagon releases Al Qaeda videos to justify SEAL Team 6 raid - Business Insider
Yeah that video release smacks of a failed cover-up by the tRump administration. And as we all know, the cover-up is worse than the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You expect Trump to give answers??

"Your son is such a loser for getting killed! I like SEALs who complete the missions alive! Some Dads are just too emotional to see that their sons are better off dead. Sad."
How painfully true.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I'm sure somebody leaked to make Trump look bad.
Someone leaked because Trump IS bad.

Trump is unfit to be lead. That should have been clear the day he dissed John McCain.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Not just Dad, both Mom and Dad refused to meet the President and stayed in another room while Trump paid his "respects".
And remember the video, tRump brought Ivanka along for 'support.' What a loser family.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Father wants answers? He needs to accept the fact that his son was an expendable asset sent off to die by cowards who would never do the same themselves.

His son was a dupe.
A little harsh, but the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts.

Henry Kissinger said "Military Men Are Just Dumb, Stupid Animals To Be Used As Pawns In Foreign Policy".

What more do you need to hear?

I wonder did this father ever talk to his son about this? The son was married with 3 kids, ever say at one point "you know you have been involved in several missions, maybe it's time to rethink priorities, you have children to think about".

It's like these military couples who are both deployed and have young children. No one thinks, maybe one of us should get out, we have children.

There is no mention by the father in the risk his son was taking.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You expect Trump to give answers??

"Your son is such a loser for getting killed! I like SEALs who complete the missions alive! Some Dads are just too emotional to see that their sons are better off dead. Sad."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
How painfully true.
So painfully true. I feel for the families of our soldiers who will give their lives fulfilling the orders from this man.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
A little harsh, but the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts.

Henry Kissinger said "Military Men Are Just Dumb, Stupid Animals To Be Used As Pawns In Foreign Policy".

What more do you need to hear?

I wonder did this father ever talk to his son about this? The son was married with 3 kids, ever say at one point "you know you have been involved in several missions, maybe it's time to rethink priorities, you have children to think about".

It's like these military couples who are both deployed and have young children. No one thinks, maybe one of us should get out, we have children.

There is no mention by the father in the risk his son was taking.

The Dad was military, too. These families know the risk. However, the immediate RISK is having a stupid and unqualified Commander in Chief.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:58 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
They are grateful that Obama was able to pull the country out of the fire after the mess they left.
What exactly did Obama do? I know Bush signed the TARP.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Someone leaked because Trump IS bad.

Trump is unfit to be lead. That should have been clear the day he dissed John McCain.
So nobody worries about this dead Navy seal then? Maybe we should told the dad.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It isn't weird to me. I don't want to turn this sad story into a political debate (although it already is one) but to me the reason is obvious. Trump is a pathological liar and apparently this man is well aware of that fact. Also, Trump called the mission a success. Remember when John McCain said you don't use those words to describe a mission in which an American life was lost? Obama screwed up too, but one big difference is that Trump accepts no accountabiiity for anything and wants credit for everything.
Hello? What about Bengazhi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies