Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 02:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

The original owner of Mar-a-Lago, Marjorie Merriweather Post, pictured Mar-a-Lago as a southern white house.
I picture a lot of things. I picture living in a cottage by the ocean, walking my dogs on the beach at sunset and sipping a Pina Colada on my front porch while the warm, salty breeze blows through my hair. Sometimes I picture that Chris Hemsworth is rubbing my shoulders.

The "winter White House" was shut down because it was too costly. Also, don't think for a minute that the Trump Organization isn't profiting off of it. The membership cost alone doubled to $200,000 after the election. The National Guard patrols the waterways surrounding the resort, not to mention the cost to fly/feed the Secret Service personnel and the Trump staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Except for the fact the original source of the allegations came from inside Hillary's campaign staff in 2008.
For argument's sake, let's say someone who campaigned for Hillary alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen, although that has never been confirmed. So what? I don't see why Trump supporters keep defending the fact that he perpetuated this so-called allegation for several years, lying about sending investigators to Hawaii, etc. Even after Obama released his birth certificate, Trump was interviewed on TV (I have videos) claiming it was fake.

So, are you telling me that if someone made a false statement about a neighbor with no proof and you heard about it, you would then spend the next 8 years spreading gossip and lies about him?

Old 03-26-2017, 02:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
For argument's sake, let's say someone who campaigned for Hillary alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen, although that has never been confirmed. So what? I don't see why Trump supporters keep defending the fact that he perpetuated this so-called allegation for several years, lying about sending investigators to Hawaii, etc. Even after Obama released his birth certificate, Trump was interviewed on TV (I have videos) claiming it was fake.

So, are you telling me that if someone made a false statement about a neighbor with no proof and you heard about it, you would then spend the next 8 years spreading gossip and lies about him?
It was first floated by the PUMAs, a group of Hillary supporters who didn't want Obama to get the nomination, but it was never embraced by the official Clinton campaign. And even the PUMAs let it go pretty quickly. The birthers jumped on it and ran with it, and they have been running with it ever since.

The poster you're responding to has been shown this many times, but he continues to lie. It's what birthers do.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:36 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
I picture a lot of things. I picture living in a cottage by the ocean, walking my dogs on the beach at sunset and sipping a Pina Colada on my front porch while the warm, salty breeze blows through my hair. Sometimes I picture that Chris Hemsworth is rubbing my shoulders.
this sounds dreamy.

the rallies just seem like a way for him to get the adoration he needs.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:48 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
After a campaign rally, Trump gleefully declared, "I feel like a rockstar!" A narcissist's Nirvana. What the guy lives for. Like a temporary supercharger and new fuel for a car with LOTs of leaks in its gas tank (and that constantly misfires).

A report from his circle during the campaign said he loved to campaign but didn't really want to be president. In fact, despite his huge ego, he didn't really quite expect to win. He wanted to WIN, but didn't really want to BE president. Two whole different things. He's like that dog that chases the car time after time. Now, he's attached to the big, roaring machine and he doesn't know what to do with it. Exhausting hanging on. Mortifying to let go and deal with the fact you didn't hack it.

So he does rallys. Only for the adoring, who fawn and don't ask hard questions that actually require answers. Or he takes regular long weekends at Mar-A-Lago. The fact that those are WAY more often and WAY more expensive than any previous prez-----no problem! Let's just cut a bunch of people from health insurance. Those infirm old seniors don't need their hot meals and wellness checks. Those little preschool kiddies don't need Sesame Street that many successful people indicate helped them to do well in school. After all, FISCAL CONSERVATISM is just for the unfortunate rabble and not for the hallowed ELITE. Only the ignorant, lazy and stupid put themselves in a position to need such services. Right? If you're smart and hard working, you inherit Pop's money. And if you lose it, you wheel and deal your way back, by regularly scamming and lying to others. Then, in this very anomalous instance, you become president; whether you wanted to be or not. So YOUR family deserves all that money. Not those poor working schnooks that weren't crookedly clever like you.

===============================================

Let's see. How many Trumps are his faithful followers (along with the rest of us) paying the way for?
Eighteen going on nineteen. Trump, Melania, Barron, Ivanka, husband and three kids, Donald Jr., wife and five kids, Eric, wife and one more on the way and Tiffany. (Let's hope she doesn't have triplets while he's still in office.) At least six homes, likely more, beyond the White House. And, if they vacation other places, sometimes separately? If those little kids go to various schools, well....?

Get out your calculators. Have we EVER had to foot the bill like this for a presidential family. Should we? Should there be limits? Exceptions? Especially for those whose whole reputation has been that they have more dough than the Almighty (no not Trump!) and that regular people couldn't spend in a lifetime without a real attitude adjustment. And the Trump clan are sealing more deals and making additional millions they again won't need while Daddy's in the White House creating chaos.

Of course, his faithful will support their Chosen One. But, I bet, all but the most deluded, can think of a few places all that huge amount of money used to subsidize a (supposed) multi-billionaire's family could be used. Maybe a few of those millions could be used in your community and maybe even benefit your own loved ones. But, if the Trumps are more your priority and more important and deserving in your eyes, not much else to say. Just keep throwing your tax dollars at them.
Way to go MollyB, you said it.
Heck YOU'd make a better President.
Seriously.

(I was kinda hoping Anywhere else would educate us all about the "klan", though.....)

Old 03-26-2017, 02:52 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
Quote:
Um...that's the problem right there. He should be the President of the United States which means ALL of the people.
Right, I don't see any trips to California to inform the people of that State.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Right, I don't see any trips to California to inform the people of that State.
Maybe he sent those birth certificate investigators from Hawaii to California to search for the millions of illegal voters?

Old 03-26-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The press covered Trump spending much time digging for dirt on Obamas birth certificate, i remember him saying his investigators into that birth certificate affair were giving him unbelievable information on the issue,what was the end result? as usual all bs from the blowhard in chief .
Why was he given a pass on this? Seriously, all he did was make an announcement that Obama was born in the United States, took no questions from the press, and he hasn't made any apology for all the years he said Obama's birth certificate was fake. The tweet about Obama wiretapping him almost seems like a continuance of his false accusations. In fact, sometimes I wonder if he's angry because Obama's crowds were larger and he got more EC votes and won by nearly 10 million popular votes. In other words, Trump can never claim to have "an historic win" because of Obama and he harbors a lot of resentment.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:33 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
the article is not about birtherism. the penn memo never suggested that obama was born outside the US or that he was ineligible due to his father's nationality.

it's an odd title since the article cites the penn memo but specifically points out that it's not about birtherism.

cites clinton supporters as birthers in april 2008. this is true ( the PUMAs ), but they weren't alone, weren't the first nor were they connected to the clinton campaign

this article isn't about birtherism.

again, not about birtherism

Quote:
So which one of these sources are part of the right wing conspiracy?
none, but none support the claim that clinton's campaign started birtherism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies