Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 02:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Excuse? How is it moral or right to let people die?

Are you saying you can put a price tag on your life? Better buy some healthy insurance policy then.
What do you mean "let" people die?

The only people let other people die are their parents and hypocritical liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 02:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
To be fair Obama was roasted heavily by the GOP when he let the Bush era tax cuts expire. Then after the GOP gained control of Congress, all tax increases was lost. I wouldn't claim it's his fault.
I hate replies like this. I DO NOT CARE what the GOP did. **** the GOP. Yes it was his fault. If Obama had been the person that Candidate Obama said he was going to be the (D)'s don't lose the House and Senate. Nobody forced him to renominate the total loser in Ben Bernanke. No one forced him to nominate the Wall Street ***** Timmy Geithner. No one stopped him from prosecuting the bankers that broke our laws.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:48 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
With Capitalism when a business fails, it fails. If we had allowed the bubble to simply pop and things do as they will we would not have the huge wealth disparity we have right now.

Capitalism would have actually worked.
Maybe, but we don't have pure capitalism in the US, we have crony-capitalism. The biggest businesses in all sectors simply buy the government in order to get whatever they want.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Or they can alter their Life-Styles, or they can move to a low Cost-of-Living area.

They can even emigrate to another country to work.

There are many solutions that don't involve taxes or spoon-feeding people.
No doubt, those with nothing can just pack up and move to another country. Sheesh.

I live in a low cost of living area. There are only so many jobs.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,661 times
Quote:
With Capitalism when a business fails, it fails. If we had allowed the bubble to simply pop and things do as they will we would not have the huge wealth disparity we have right now.

Capitalism would have actually worked.
I have always said this. We should of just let it fail and let the chips fall where they may.

In the end the country would of been better off.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:29 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Income inequality rose to record levels under Obama. We can indeed see that many of the jobs that left for overseas come back or the companies fund those they left jobless.

Obama when he ran for president ran on the same platform. Going after companies sending jobs overseas. He just didn't do anything about it.

This is maybe the one and only area I agree with Trump on. Then again, I agreed with Obama on it also.

New Obama TV ad goes after Romney over outsourcing – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Was Obama unrealistic also?
Obama did poorly on these areas, too.

I never mentioned Obama, and he's rather irrelevant to this discussion.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Maybe, but we don't have pure capitalism in the US, we have crony-capitalism. The biggest businesses in all sectors simply buy the government in order to get whatever they want.
Pretty much. It's the GOP's game. The (D)'s really need to quit playing it.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:41 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The job of a corporation is to make money. As the price comes down on the kiosks, even a penny an hour is too much. Minimum wage or not, kiosks are coming.
azz Holes all of them but they making their money but killing us. I think they want to reduce our population... all of us

Old 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
My grocery store that I shop at put in four self checkout lines. I don't use them, I have in the past if it's just one item, but in general I don't use them.

Part of what annoys me is that I really doubt that corporations will offset the cost back to the consumer, if they are in theory saving money, it would be nice if prices came down, but I doubt that will happen.

IDK

Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
i cant wait, maybe I could get a burger my way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies