Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,410,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you've read my other post you would know where I talked about ... well in short... the republican never Trumpers and the Democrats who didn't want Trump elected. These are the political elitist, one is the other and nothing every gets done. I don't believe that Trump is a true republican, nor a democrat, he could have run on an Independent ticket but here we are, nothing getting done because of political games. And anyone who believes any politician or political party is perfect is a fool. I'd like to see Dems stop all the distractions, they lost, it happens, now lets see what Trump can do. After all he is supposed to work for the "American people". Lets see what he can do.
Even though I'm a conservative who didn't vote for him, there we agree.

Truly anything is better than more gridlock IMO. Let's get off the dime and see what works and what doesn't - they're not going to destroy the country in 2-4 years, and with three branches of government, no truly fringe ideas will get enacted (for long).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,642,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're obviously very confused, it wasn't liberals crying we needed to 'Make America Great Again' as if it'd ever ceased being great. Take your whine up with the Cons who told us it was shot.
20 Trillion dollars in national debt in a consumer based economy with 35% of the country on welfare and growing.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/

That means you take your unemployment check to get cheap goods at Walmart as you check out at self checkout.

NO it's time to wake up and smell reality. America is not "Great" and hasn't been for years.

A Dangerous Superpower Showdown is Brewing: China vs. America in Asia | The National Interest Blog

It's time to wake up and smell reality. 20 Trillion dollars in national debt with nothing to show for it.

Federal Debt Estimated to Hit $20 Trillion in February 2017

Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 AM

957 posts, read 758,991 times
Quote:
We the People are not stupid. We the People defeated MSM. We the People defeated the establishment. We the People rejected the power-hungry, criminal in a pantsuit.

We're sick and tired of these uninformed jackholes telling us we're racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. They have no basis for those claims. Democrats are consumed by their emotions. We’re sick and tired of the political establishment crapping all over the Constitution and treading on our liberty. We’re sick of Democrats refusing to uphold the rule of law. We’re sick of being told that this is as good as it gets.

- We want to keep more of our hard-earned money.
- We want healthcare premiums that AREN’T AS MUCH AS OUR MORTGAGES.
- We want people to enter our country LEGALLY.
- We believe in peace through strength.
- We believe in Faith. Freedom. Family.

We’re the most kick a** country that has ever existed. All you liberals whining and playing games,” GET OVER YOURSELVES. You games are hurting the "American people".
With an attitude like yours, one can hope that one day you fall on hard times and help isn't there as with others who had a head start in life and don't feel it's their duty to contribute to the betterment of the nation.
A nation that can't or won't provide minimum care for its weakest citizens is not worth saving as a nation is built on values, not just wealth.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is the problem in your choices in life.

You will make it if you graduate HS, are not a single parent, and be able to manage your money.

You have broken one of the rules, to prosperity. Good or bad, that was a choice you made, that means you must adjust or compensate for the economic loss, a partner in life has raising children.
You chose not to have luxuries, in order to be independent, with a child.
Does your ex-husband live impoverished?
Agreed. I chose to have children late in life because I wanted to live a better life and to be able to provide a better life for my kids. You can't do it if you have kids out the gate and without a way to support them. No one owes me a certain lifestyle, I had to earn it on my own. If I screwed up (and I did when I was very young) and I (alone) paid the consequences, my kids were not forced to pay the consequences. I regrouped and made it right.

That's the problem, I learned from my mistake, and never took a dime from anyone to get out. That's why I've learned what not to do and learned how to handle my money. Had someone bailed me out I'd probably have put myself back in that position. Liberals don't want those lessens learned, they want to take from other people to bail them out and nothing changes for them because they haven't learned their lessons in life.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Have you ever heard of "income to rent ratio" requirements? Most apartment complexes require tenants to make anywhere from 2.5x to 4x the rent to lease to them. Our cheapest apartments (in the ghetto) are about $450/month, so that apartment, which would most likely require you to make 2.5x the rent, you would have to earn $13,500/year to be allowed to lease it.

My apartment (in a much better neighborhood) costs $1,000/month and our complex has a 3x requirement, which means no one making less than $36,000/yr would be allowed to lease my unit

Then you have mobility to correct it, if your value in life where you are, is not worth living.

Like running a business, money management is the key, if you have revenue coming in. You have to invest in the business to grow it. That means you budget for income and overhead to see what you have left to reinvest, instead of blowing on luxuries right off the bat. If what you are selling(yourself) has little value, bankruptcy is in your future. It is your choice to take the opportunies out there to raise yourself up. It is not government job to make up the difference.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,472,248 times
Quote:
We the People are not stupid.
Actually, you have just been sucked down a rabbit hole.

The new plutocracy is laughing all the way to the banks they own.

Quote:
... And the world looks just the same ... Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss

Old 03-03-2017, 09:28 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,041,540 times
Quote:
If you bought property, you were not as poor as you thought you were.
The fact you barely make ends meet, means you only want to work hard enough to make it, or do not desire to get more education to move up the value scale, when others set your destiny and dictate your worth.

Learn more, earn more.

Cheap is never good, and good is never cheap.
You must earn more than your intelligence...

Poor people buy houses. I bought with no money down. The mortgage was cheaper than paying rent. I took a risk.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Even though I'm a conservative who didn't vote for him, there we agree.

Truly anything is better than more gridlock IMO. Let's get off the dime and see what works and what doesn't - they're not going to destroy the country in 2-4 years, and with three branches of government, no truly fringe ideas will get enacted (for long).
And that is why I posted. The constant democratic meltdown and accusations is distraction. Is this what our country is about. Vote someone in so they can work for the rich and powerful while they pander to us?

Democrats need to calm down and see what he can accomplish. If he fails then he'll pay the consequences. Even though Trump wants to work for the people, policies that help the people, Democrats don't want to see him succeed, then they can point and say, see, he couldn't do it, vote for us, we can. And round and round we go.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:31 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,255,986 times
Quote:
Then you have mobility to correct it, if your value in life where you are, is not worth living.

Like running a business, money management is the key, if you have revenue coming in. You have to invest in the business to grow it. That means you budget for income and overhead to see what you have left to reinvest, instead of blowing on luxuries right off the bat. If what you are selling(yourself) has little value, bankruptcy is in your future. It is your choice to take the opportunies out there to raise yourself up. It is not government job to make up the difference.
Then you agree with the left that people should just up and move instead of complaining about jobs. So Trump should not waste time or money trying to help middle America because they should all just move. Very elite liberal mindset.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
bent you live in the woods~~ alone ~~ so you can- but if you live in a city you can't- HUNT ? I say give me a rope and a knife and the fire starter things- I have one just cant think of the name-- and put me on a deserted island- I'll live- we can all survive-- if alone...

I live in the 78704 of Austin. I have property in Cost, near Gonzales. I have bigger deer and more hogs across the street, in the woods to Barton Creek, than I do in Cost. I have hunted Barton Creek, since I was 6 years old, when it was out of the city limits. Can't never could do nothing. Look at my username. As silent as a whisper..... I can bowhunt anything over 30 acres, and gun hunt anything over 300 acres, that was annexed after 1981.
But you know so much about me, not to be too much of a bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies