Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 01:49 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,357,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
He's President not King. He is spending lots of money going on vacation on the taxpayers dime. I guess Pence is doing most of the work anyway.....
This is pretty much the case.

I know that plenty of my left-leaning friends are freaked at the idea of Pence being president, but he already runs things from a run-the-business perspective, anyway.

I am fully ready for him to just take over.

Let Trump get back to reality TV and his tower.

Pence is Republican and very conservative. He wants what a good many of his supporters wanted from Trump.

At least I feel I could count on him to put in the actual work.

Bring on President Pence.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,807,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No... No he is not out of bounds.
But maybe your right. He should just stay down at Mar-o-lago and run it all from there in todays electronic age.
So you had zero problems with Obama spending $10 million a year on travel then I take it?

Old 03-03-2017, 01:52 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,947,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is pretty much the case.

I know that plenty of my left-leaning friends are freaked at the idea of Pence being president, but he already runs things from a run-the-business perspective, anyway.

I am fully ready for him to just take over.

Let Trump get back to reality TV and his tower.

Pence is Republican and very conservative. He wants what a good many of his supporters wanted from Trump.

At least I feel I could count on him to put in the actual work.

Bring on President Pence.
Not crazy about his conservatism in some areas, but at least he's not crazy or erratic enough to get us blown up or allow Putin to pull our strings. That's the kind of "conservatism" I can whole-heartedly endorse.

I'd breathe much easier with Pence in the Oval Office. He's a grown-up, unlike the present inhabitant.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,804,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So you had zero problems with Obama spending $10 million a year on travel then I take it?
None. Trump has gone to Mar-a-lago five times more or less. It costs the tax payers $3 million dollars. He has been in office for a little over a month costing us $15 million. You don't have an issue with that??

Old 03-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The best two sentences of this thread.

You know Trump is out of touch with an issue when the liberals make sense.
You like me sometimes. You know you do.

I'm not liberal except about personal matters, not really. Maybe that's why?

Old 03-03-2017, 01:56 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,822,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Not crazy about his conservatism in some areas, but at least he's not crazy or erratic enough to get us blown up or allow Putin to pull our strings. That's the kind of "conservatism" I can whole-heartedly endorse.

I'd breathe much easier with Pence in the Oval Office. He's a grown-up, unlike the present inhabitant.
That's my take, too. We're getting the far-right policy anyway - might as well have a president who won't start WW3 with his Twitter account.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,807,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
None. Trump has gone to Mar-a-lago five times more or less. It costs the tax payers $3 million dollars. He has been in office for a little over a month costing us $15 million. You don't have an issue with that??
Yes, I have massive issue with it. It's a huge waste of tax payer money on top of his mail order bride hiding out in NYC at a cost of $1 million per day. A trip to Florida every few months, sure whatever. Almost every single weekend at $3 million a day? No, screw him. Do his job in Washington. That's the point of the White House.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, and JFK ran to the Massachusetts compound, almost every weekend
LBJ came to Texas Whitehouse in Stonewall
Nixon went to Camp David
Carter, down to Georgia
Reagan at his ranch in California
Bush 1 Camp David and Massachusetts
Clinton to Chippewa NY
Bush 2 Crawford Tx Compound.
Obama constantly campaigned around the world.
Trump, Mar-o Lago, Florida and Trump Tower.

Everyone knows the whitehouse is highly bugged, with surveillance 24/7.

I'd get out of there and out in the woods or like the uppities, a golf coarse to talk turkey.
Obama didn't constantly campaign around the world, but he did take vacations.

Let's use the Bush example, since he's a conservative of whatever kind.

He went to a ranch in Texas. Secluded. Lots of acreage. A place the Secret Service could easily secure, with easy access and no need to stop traffic for him to come and go, not really.

Reagan... also went to a ranch... easy to secure.

Bush Sr.... Camp David is there for Presidents and it's close by. Less costly to visit. Same goes for Nixon, since he went there often.

Carter... also a large place with acreage, easy to secure.

Trump is jet setting on the taxpayer dime EVERY weekend.

He's keeping a family in a tower in NYC that most Americans could NEVER afford to live in.

He's keeping a family and himself on weekends at a luxurious home that most Americans could not afford.

He's keeping company every weekend with people who spend a small fortune for the pleasure of his company and put money in his pockets via membership in his exclusive golf club.

He's advertised his tower in NYC as offering safety and security for residents due to the Secret Service that we all pay for with our tax dollars.

Where in this is Trump behaving the same as all the other Presidents you mentioned on here?

People nearly lost their minds when the Obamas took vacations, but they didn't spend this kind of money. Good grief, not even close to it.

Trump has already spent in just over a month what Obama spent for each YEAR he was in office.

You cannot sit there and say that's totally fine. It's a ridiculous amount of money spent.

He said he'd stay in Washington and work, unlike Obama, who golfed.

He LIED.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
He's spending another weekend at Mar-a-Lago...

President Donald Trump returns to Mar-A-Lago on Friday | Miami Herald
If only he would just stay there permanently, it would be worth the cost. And if he excluded all the legitimate media, that would be fine with me. I don't want to see or listen to him or hear anything about him. He's violated my sense of aesthetics and good taste enough already. I'm sure there are many others who feel as though they've been attacked and abused and won't feel clean again, for a long time.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 03-03-2017 at 02:29 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Unless you believe you can get those guys to write some reimbursement checks, I really don't care what happened then.

What's happening now isn't right. Trump needs to lead by example and cut out this nonsense. He's burning through too much cash doing this and disrupting way too many lives.

I agree with you on a bunch of other issues, but you really need to admit Trump is out of bounds on this.
Like I just posted, though... I look at that list and those presidents and I just don't see the enormous amounts spent that we are seeing with Trump and his family. Could the others have been more frugal? I'm sure they could have.

I do recognize that being President is a job you take pretty much anywhere and I'm sure they all needed time away from DC now and then, though.

I just don't want this spending that Trump is doing to become the norm. He really needs to get this under control.

If he's that set on being at Mar-a-Lago, I'd just as soon he stay there all the time.

It would cost less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies