Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 03:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump is mandated to use AF 1 and on political trips he has to pay for it. The SS will not allow him to take Trump ! down to Florida. HOWEVER, he is trying to change that rule.

On State business the tax payer picks up the bill.
Here's an EASY solution: STOP GOING TO FLORIDA EVERY WEEKEND

Old 03-03-2017, 03:29 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Again Trump has spent $15,000,000 and has been in office a little over a month.

Obama spent $10,000,000 a YEAR.

I would imagine some of the money that Trump is spending to go down to his resort, goes back to him. The Secret Service must pay for their own rooms, food, etc. at Mar-a-lago.

How can you not have a problem with that?
i don't your facts are right. i think Obama spent a record amount of money on vacations. he and his wife would take separate flights out to California, Hawaii, etc.

Trump also isn't taking a salary, which you ignore because it doesn't fit your liberal narrative. again, liberals never care about the cost of things and yo usupported a president who doubled our national debt in 8 years.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What is the difference where he goes on weekends? The only thing the Dems care about is obstructing, because it is all they have. If they weren't complaining about this, it would be something else.

Since when do the Dems care in the slightest about wasting taxpayer money? They don't.
I'm not a Democrat, but I do oppose Trump.

I also care about wasting taxpayer money. I'd rather mine go to repairing roads, paying law enforcement officers, teachers, and better benefits for veterans than funneled into an endless pit of money for Trump to spend on a lavish lifestyle.

What is this? A presidency or a monarchy? Frankly, the monarchs in England are less frivolous.

Question: If you could take that money he blows on vacations every weekend and give it to the people in the Rust Belt who have no jobs so they can take some college classes to get educated for new careers or put food on their tables, which would you pick?

I know what I'd pick. I'd take care of the Rust Belt.

I don't begrudge any President an occasional vacation. Once every few months take a week off, maybe one weekend a month a quick trip someplace close by.

But, come on. This is ridiculous.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:31 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
Part-time president.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:35 PM

37,226 posts, read 19,219,451 times
He really ought to stay in Washington and get to work on this.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Old 03-03-2017, 03:37 PM

37,226 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i don't your facts are right. i think Obama spent a record amount of money on vacations. he and his wife would take separate flights out to California, Hawaii, etc.

Trump also isn't taking a salary, which you ignore because it doesn't fit your liberal narrative. again, liberals never care about the cost of things and yo usupported a president who doubled our national debt in 8 years.
Here's the comparison, unless you think Forbes is in the business of fake news.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...ww.google.com/

Old 03-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tell us all what Hillary is doing today and what would she be doing today had she been elected?
I believe "The Donald" has it handled way better than Hillary would have to this point. We would be digging holes and lining them with cement and lead, to crawl into, as we po'ed Russia.
Not sure what she has to do with this. She's not president and she and Bill did not spend money like this while he was in office, so we have a VERY good example of how she might spend money and take vacations.

Infrequently and NOT much.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:

Lol. The salary for the next 4 years covers....a day of his vacation. What nonsense. It played to his base.

He makes more renting places out to the secret service.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
it is my understanding that Trump refused to take a salary for being president. moreover, liberals on here had no problem with OBama going on vacation all the time.

it is funny that people who supported Obama are acting like spendthrifts on here given OBama doubled the national debt and wasted a lot of money.
Who cares about 400,000 dollars? The man spends 3 million every time he travels to Florida.

He already got that paycheck.

Know why he didn't want it? Tax records.

LOL.

He doesn't have to report what we pay for, only the salary he makes.

I am really amazed that more people don't get that him refusing a salary was a calculated move, not him saving any of us money.

I'd rather he took the 400k, moved his family to the WH, and took occasional vacations like all the other presidents.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:41 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Lol. The salary for the next 4 years covers....a day of his vacation. What nonsense. It played to his base.

He makes more renting places out to the secret service.
Ok, well at least you guys have come up with some new lines of attack in addition to the Russian conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies