Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 04:24 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct. that salary is $400,000 a year. each trip to mar-a-lago costs $3million plus.

judicial watch, the conservative watchdog group, estimate the obama family vacations cost between $85-90million for the entire 8years. if trump continues at the current rate he'll hit that mark in less than 7months into office.

did you ever complain about 85-90 mil for 8 years? That's a pile of taxpayer money for presidential family vacations. you act like that was a good deal. lol

you aren't complaining about the cost to taxpayer in absolute terms, only that Trump is spending more than Obama. your assumption is that what Obama was the norm. whatever Obama spent on vacations = the right amount. that demostrates that you are being political, not principled.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:27 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
From my understanding, the same problem is occurring due to his wife and child remaining in NYC. They need to either move to the WH or not be provided with protection and allow Trump to hire private security for them.

More wasted money.
I cannot begrudge Melania this one since she is planning to move to the WH once Barron's school vacation begins, I think. Let the boy finish his school year with his friends in the school he is familiar with. If the arrangement continues beyond that then Trump needs to pay.

Melania Trump will move into the White House from New York in the summer, says senior aide | The Independent

Old 03-03-2017, 04:29 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok. i don't think you have backed this up with anything. i see you are getting this off far left websites like Daily Kos. get this, nobody is going to take a Trump hater's word for it.

it doesn't make much sense it costs that much money to fly down to Florida and he is staying at his own house while there.
I can't tell if you are being serious or just very naive.

The tax payers pay $3 million per weekend for Trump to go down. This article was posted before Trump left for his weekend away:

Cost of Trump's travel to Mar-a-Lago approximately $10M - CBS News

He has been in office for just over a month. Let's say he goes down for 40 weekends to golf. That is $120 million a year.

Not only are the tax payers paying for his vacation. They are also paying TRUMP to use his hotel. So Trump is profiting off his vacations.

On top of that he is costing business in West Palm money. Flight schools cannot operate, tourism is down, he is putting the hurt on small businesses.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:31 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
did you ever complain about 85-90 mil for 8 years?
no, nor did i complain about the costs of the bush family vacations. neither seemed excessive given the pragmatic realities of protecting the POTUS and family.

Quote:
....only that Trump is spending more than Obama.
at a rate currently projected to be more than 10x that of the obamas. yes, i find that excessive.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:32 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Instead of having a conversation or doing a bit of research, they keep saying the same thing over and over again.
If you are to gain a better understanding of both sides of controversial issues, it is helpful to realize that while some on this forum are able to hold their own in a discussion, others are simply not able to engage in any sort of meaningful dialogue.

The posts of this second ground are easy to identify after a while. Often they are little more than repeating wild accusations that they've heard somewhere else. They recite the same nonsense over and over and over.

Clinton-did-it-too, it's-Obama's-Fault, ha-ha-ha-we-won-you-suck, this-is-why-libs-lost, Republicans-rule, butthurt, crybabies...

There's no point in even reading these posts, let alone responding to them. Fortunately, the ignore function works remarkably well.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You never did. Campaigning using AF 1 is paid for by the campaign.

Now that does not mean they can't wrangle a stop on the way. Like Trump is visiting a school in Orlando so he may as well just go on down the road, a little.

Hillary's campaign reimbursed the treasury, for Obama campaigning for her on our dime?

Old 03-03-2017, 04:44 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I can't tell if you are being serious or just very naive.

The tax payers pay $3 million per weekend for Trump to go down. This article was posted before Trump left for his weekend away:

Cost of Trump's travel to Mar-a-Lago approximately $10M - CBS News

He has been in office for just over a month. Let's say he goes down for 40 weekends to golf. That is $120 million a year.

Not only are the tax payers paying for his vacation. They are also paying TRUMP to use his hotel. So Trump is profiting off his vacations.

On top of that he is costing business in West Palm money. Flight schools cannot operate, tourism is down, he is putting the hurt on small businesses.
do you think speaking to the choir on this forum is going to push Trump's approval numbers down?

Old 03-03-2017, 04:55 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
Quote:
do you think speaking to the choir on this forum is going to push Trump's approval numbers down?
Where did she say that?

Old 03-03-2017, 05:08 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
I'll bet President Trump can lower his handicap by 10 if he decides to stick with it most weekends for the next 8 years.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, I honestly do, until you provide me the evidence to change my tune.

Sounds like something Lynch should have looked into, unless there was nothing to look at and just another witch hunt.
I can't tell you if we are paying at Mar-a-lago, but the taxpayer paid for the secret service and staff hotel rooms when Eric Trump was in Uruguay.

Melania Trump will move into the White House from New York in the summer, says senior aide | The Independent

Quote:
When the president-elect’s son Eric Trump jetted to Uruguay in early January for a Trump Organization promotional trip, U.S. taxpayers were left footing a bill of nearly $100,000 in hotel rooms for Secret Service and embassy staff.
This is the thing, the hotel rooms are not usually given to the secret service and other staff for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies