Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 06:00 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok. i'm guessing even if true Trump is spending more on vacations than Obama, which I doubt, it isn't going to matter to voters if they agree with Trump policies.

Under Obama, the national debt doubled in 8 years so it is amazing Obama supporters act like they are spendthrifts now.
Do you think the cost of two wars that Dubya started didn't add to that debt? Obama didn't double the debt.
We're still paying for those wars.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
do you think speaking to the choir on this forum is going to push Trump's approval numbers down?
It's one way to kill some time, however. When Obama made his farewell speech, he said that instead of arguing with strangers on the Internet, we should go out and speak to our neighbors (or something like that) I remember laughing and thinking, "Easy for you to say. You've got the Secret Service."

I feel a lot safer behind my computer screen.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
I have a question, camp David is a base of some sort. What phones and pcs or internet servers does t use at his own pad...in mar a lago? I mean, vacation usually the VP takes the call, unless it's war ... So how is he working from there🙊

Old 03-03-2017, 06:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
this is faux outrage given these people voted for a woman who emailed classified information with a private email and server and deleted 33,000 emails subpeoned by Congress, and also had a pay for access scheme with the Clinton Foundation.

again, Obama doulbed our national debt. where is the outrage. i still hear Democrats complaining about infrastructure and other things despite so much money being spent and borrowed the past 8 years. where is the money going.
Reagan tripled our national debt. Where is the outrage over that?

Obama did not double it, he added 70% to it.

Trump's advisors are all using a private email server. Where is the outrage?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/25/...-email-server/

Quote:

Donald Trump's senior White House staff including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all use a private RNC email server, according to a Newsweek report published Wednesday. This is the same RNC email server that mysteriously disappeared 22 million messages during George W Bush's administration and the one that US intelligence services believe was compromised by the Russians at the same time as the DNC's, earlier this year.

Using the system, rnchq.org, is not technically illegal and is often employed so that an administration's senior staff can segregate their in-party correspondence from their actual White House duties. The Office of Government Ethics does not explicitly prohibit the use of such accounts either. However any staffer that does employ one is subject to the "Disclosure Requirement For Official Business Conducted Using Electronic Messaging Accounts" law which demands that any correspondence on that server be copied and forwarded to the government within 20 days.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
King TrumPutin loves spending YOUR money on weekends at Mar-a-Lago......$10 million in 5 weeks. I hope that he goes there EVERY WEEKEND so that his supporters can eat crow about Trump saving money and balancing the budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ianRLLh43U

Old 03-03-2017, 06:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Trump is living on the Taxpayers credit card. He has expensive taste. We continue to spread the secret service protection thin as they have to be in 2 or 3 places now. This is crazy...

Old 03-03-2017, 06:53 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Another weekend, another $3M the taxpayers have to cough up because Camp David isn't swanky enough for Donny.
Trump isn't taking vacations, he is leaving the White House to get away from the surveillance, and leakers, so going to Camp David would defeat the purpose.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Ya know, if Donald Trump had come into this Presidency and acted like a sane, sensible human being, a lot of us would have started to think just maybe he might be ok in there. All he had to do was stop his rants about the press, quit tweeting every time someone ruffled his feathers, and stop trying to throw out everything the previous administration had done on day one, just to be spiteful.

If he would have acted like a mature adult, with self control, and had buckled down to do the important things a President should be doing (jobs, international relationships, healthcare, education, etc.) I bet most of us would have stopped our attacks on him. But he simply was incapable of using his head and doing the right things.

These weekend trips are a perfect example. If he really wanted the American public to know he was trying, he would have stayed in the WH, worked hard, and brought in various leaders and others to try to solve some of our country's problems. Instead, he came in like a raging bull, tried to pass EO's that were not well thought out, pissed off every foreign leader on the planet, and then goes off on very expensive trips to Florida every weekend.

The man is simply an ass.

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump isn't taking vacations, he is leaving the White House to get away from the surveillance, and leakers, so going to Camp David would defeat the purpose.
Fine. He can have all his fans pay for it.

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I cannot begrudge Melania this one since she is planning to move to the WH once Barron's school vacation begins, I think. Let the boy finish his school year with his friends in the school he is familiar with. If the arrangement continues beyond that then Trump needs to pay.

Melania Trump will move into the White House from New York in the summer, says senior aide | The Independent

We shall see.

What's Trump doing in Florida every weekend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies