Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The country is coming apart ...
I do not see it that way.

Last I checked this is a democracy.

The people have a right to review and appraise the performance of their elected officials.

I doubt anything will happen in the next few years to force out Mr Trump from office, but if it were to happen that could only be because of some serious malfeasance.

In any case, Mr Pence would replace him and everything would go on. Like his political positions or not, Mr Pence is not generally involved in the behind the scenes activity that is under scrutiny.

The country is not coming apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Impeachment won't happen unless Trump becomes very unpopular across the political spectrum. If it gets to impeachment, yeah the hardcore Trumpies will be mad, but the vast majority of Americans will be so sick of him by then that they will cheer for it.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I do not see it that way.

Last I checked this is a democracy.

The people have a right to review and appraise the performance of their elected officials.

I doubt anything will happen in the next few years to force out Mr Trump from office, but if it were to happen that could only be because of some serious malfeasance.

In any case, Mr Pence would replace him and everything would go on. Like his political positions or not, Mr Pence is not generally involved in the behind the scenes activity that is under scrutiny.

The country is not coming apart.
I'm going to quote another line from my all time favorite movie.... Wall Street.

You are walking around blind and without a cane.

You think the behavior we've seen since Nov. 8th is normal and sustainable????

Old 03-04-2017, 05:44 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
I'm going to quote another line from my all time favorite movie.... Wall Street.

Trump's behavior since Nov 8? No, not normal.

As others have said, there's a system in place. If he's impeached, Pence steps in. If they invoke the 25th amendment because trump's unstable, Pence steps in. These safeguards are there for a reason.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:44 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The evidence is piling up and the base is starting to figure out the country has a problem.
Yes, the evidence against the Obama administration is piling up rapidly.

Obama probably secretly wiretapped a computer server and phone lines in Trump Tower right before the election last year.

Not good for Obama if this is true.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:

We survived Nixon and all his nonsense. We survived Reagan and the Iran-Contra scandal.

We will survive this.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:46 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quit referencing "there is so much hate."

Maybe most don't "hate" him but they see a very dishonest, secretive administration that's worrisome. Why must it always be about hate. Don't you think that Trump and his cronies might have a little to do with this unrest directed at him?

Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
The country's future doesn't rest on any one person...

Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Truth and integrity....... LOL! Who's your shining example of that? Crooked Hillary Clinton???
When people point out that Donald Trump is a bad person, a bad leader, a self-promoter, and a habitual liar, "Hillary is too!!!!!" is a poor defense.

Suppose I agree that Hillary also sucks and should be locked in a dungeon. Then what? Are you capable of having a rational conversation about Trump's flaws, or are we at a standstill because I took away your signature move?

Old 03-04-2017, 05:53 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Quit referencing "there is so much hate."

Maybe most don't "hate" him but they see a very dishonest, secretive administration that's worrisome. Why must it always be about hate. Don't you think that Trump and his cronies might have a little to do with this unrest directed at him?
Nope. These people here worship Trump and think he's the second coming of Jesus. He can do no wrong, thus any criticism is all the fault of Trump haters, not Trump's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies