Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times

Advertisements

From last fall. The two men were Pakistani monks.

From the article:
Mary Campos said her pre-booked ticket was given away by United Airlines. The reason? She’s a woman, and two men didn’t want to sit next to a female.

And the agent told her, “The two gentlemen seated next to you have cultural beliefs that prevent them for sitting next to, talking to or communicating with females.”

More here:

Calif. woman: Airline changed my seat to honor Pakistani monks' religious beliefs - CBS News

ETA: The link says the two men were Pakistani monks who did not want to sit next to a woman, nor did they want to be served by female on-board employees. The link did not specifically say that the men were Muslim (but I can't change the thread title). Regardless, the reason for posting was an American airline, an American female passenger, presumably American female airline employees - all making accommodation for two Pakistani monks.

Last edited by juneaubound; 03-11-2017 at 10:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 11:48 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Almost makes up for some of the Muslims who've been booted off of airplanes because ignorant conservative cowards were terrified of sitting next to someone with an accent. Sorry it happened to her, but hey - boo hoo. Tough world.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:56 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Almost makes up for some of the Muslims who've been booted off of airplanes because ignorant conservative cowards were terrified of sitting next to someone with an accent. Sorry it happened to her, but hey - boo hoo. Tough world.
So muslim man > woman. Your PC thought logic is interesting. Let me ask you what if it was a jew? Is that okay because Israel sent a rocket into gaza last year or what?

Old 03-12-2017, 12:27 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Too stupid to even respond to. What do jews have to do with it? Muslim, man, woman, jews, martians, who cares? World's full of injustices; i don't see the point in getting hysterical about this one. The pendulum swings this way, the pendulum swings that way, move on.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 03-12-2017 at 12:50 AM..

Old 03-12-2017, 12:40 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
How many times is this going to be a thread? This was in the news last September and I've seen more than one thread on this forum about the same incident.

This one was just started last month!

[url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2715358-calif-woman-airline-changed-my-seat.html[/url]

Old 03-12-2017, 01:01 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From last fall. The two men were Pakistani monks.

From the article:
Mary Campos said her pre-booked ticket was given away by United Airlines. The reason? She’s a woman, and two men didn’t want to sit next to a female.

And the agent told her, “The two gentlemen seated next to you have cultural beliefs that prevent them for sitting next to, talking to or communicating with females.”

More here:

Calif. woman: Airline changed my seat to honor Pakistani monks' religious beliefs - CBS News

ETA: The link says the two men were Pakistani monks who did not want to sit next to a woman, nor did they want to be served by female on-board employees. The link did not specifically say that the men were Muslim (but I can't change the thread title). Regardless, the reason for posting was an American airline, an American female passenger, presumably American female airline employees - all making accommodation for two Pakistani monks.
Yesterday's news - it's dated Sept, 2016. I don't know what the heck Pakistani "monks" are since contrary to popular belief, Pakistan is a country and not a religion. For all anyone knows they were Pakistani CHRISTIAN monks who had taken strict vows. If the Yuppie bieach had a problem with this, she should have filed the appropriate complaints or else shut her trap. If two monks of ANY faith who were required to honor strict vows didn't want to sit next to me, I'd have no problem moving, since I doubt that I'd want to sit next to them either. Problem solved.

Surely, you cons could find many other more exciting things to whine about.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:44 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
The Social justice warriors and tolerant left cant figure out what side they should be on this issue, that's why it never got much coverage

Its actually pretty amusing.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
This is a real dilemma for the leftists, which side do they take?

It says they're "Monks", so I assume they're possibly Buddhists. If they're Christians, the answer is easy. The leftists will side against the Christians, because they hold Christianity to a greater level of scrutiny than other religions.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:24 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Yesterday's news - it's dated Sept, 2016. I don't know what the heck Pakistani "monks" are since contrary to popular belief, Pakistan is a country and not a religion. For all anyone knows they were Pakistani CHRISTIAN monks who had taken strict vows. If the Yuppie bieach had a problem with this, she should have filed the appropriate complaints or else shut her trap. If two monks of ANY faith who were required to honor strict vows didn't want to sit next to me, I'd have no problem moving, since I doubt that I'd want to sit next to them either. Problem solved.

Surely, you cons could find many other more exciting things to whine about.
Easy - Pakistani monks are monks from Pakistan.

American monks are monks from the US. This is not a difficult concept. Yes knowing the religion would help but acting like you're confused or bothered by "Pakistani monks" is just annoying.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:29 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Women are Kryptomite to Muzzi Monks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies