Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times

Advertisements

Do it, GOP! Throw 20 million people off of insurance. Raise costs for older, middle class Americans by thousands of dollars a year. Put massive burdens on poor states to care for the aged an the indigent. I dare ya.

1,217 posts, read 1,229,887 times
He reminds me of a bad car salesman. Can't believe a word he says.

This new plan will cause millions to lose healthcare and raise the cost HUGELY for most everybody else.

14,221 posts, read 6,984,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He rolled up his shirt sleeves so he must be telling the truth.
Yeah, thats a sure fire way he's full of hot air. They are instructed by their publicity folks to roll up their sleeves and do these silly gestures with their hands as they have studies that show conservatives are more likely to believe them if they do.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We're going to get a law that will lock millions of Americans out of healthcare once again, while raising the cost and cutting the benefits for those who will still be able to afford it.

But never fear, the leeching billion dollar insurance executives get a YUGE tax break, so it's all good.
Tax breaks or tax subsidies are the same in the end.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,695,611 times
RINOcare junk. Might as well keep Obamacare and let it collapse under its own weight. Any real conservative knows how much of a joke this bill is.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,782,138 times
ACA needs to be fixed but what the Pubs are doing is not a fix, it is a band aid. Health insurance is still going to cost as much as ACA but now less people will be able to afford it. How is that good?

There is only one fix and that is single payer. The Pubs will never go that route but until we do we will always have the problem of insurance that half the country cannot afford to buy.

12,638 posts, read 8,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Yeah, thats a sure fire way he's full of hot air. They are instructed by their publicity folks to roll up their sleeves and do these silly gestures with their hands as they have studies that show conservatives are more likely to believe them if they do.
Do the studies measure the number of liberals stupid enough to believe "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor," or "premiums will decrease under the ACA" or "this terrorist attack was caused by a YouTube video"?

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I saw it and Ryan did a nice job taking down the Democrats. It's not really that hard, though.

This failed group of extremists passed a failed overhaul of 1/8th of the economy in the dark of night and the only reason it passed was because of kickbacks and bribes. They ignored every warning about how the plan would fail. To the surprise of nobody with a functioning brain, all the predictions about the failed plan came true.

Then, instead of owning up to the failed scheme they implemented, the Democrats did absolutely nothing to address the structural problems in the ACA for 8 years. Now, the program has been so bad and such a failure that the Democrats have been kicked out of the White House, the House and the Senate. 8 years later, and the ACA is in a death spiral.

What to the failed Democrats do about the ACA? Nothing, except say it's a great bill as they block attempts to fix the mess they created. I wish I could say it's amazing, but nothing the failed extremists who make up today's Democrat Party do is amazing anymore. They reach new lows with each passing day.
Yes and they had sooooo much cooperation from the GOP to address the problems, their participation involved killing Obama Care or filing lawsuits against the ACA.

I'm glad Ryan is beginning his campaign to help the democrats take back the house.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,299,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
You really think that?

I don't think Dems would know a good thing if it came up and punched them in the face.
Yes I think that. The insurance companies are getting huge tax cuts, they will continue to make huge profits and raise premiums, it does nothing to prevent health care costs from rising, it screws anyone with a pre-existing condition (including children), it screws anyone over 50 (especially the self-employed). There is still a fine for not having insurance (if you ever want it). You think the insurance companies are nonprofits? They still have too much power.

I love that people think the insurance companies will be fair and competitive. There is no 'free market' with health insurance. If they are forced to cover you and have no limits--expect to pay for it.

Please list the parts of this bill that you think are a "good thing" and why. Please be specific.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:21 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes and they had sooooo much cooperation from the GOP to address the problems, their participation involved killing Obama Care or filing lawsuits against the ACA.

I'm glad Ryan is beginning his campaign to help the democrats take back the house.
After Trump stops illegal immigration, the Democrats won't be taking back the House anytime in the next 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies