Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,816,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Excellent start.
Wow you read the whole bill already? You're fast!

Old 03-06-2017, 05:36 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,789,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Prior to O'care my Insurance ran at the highest $450 a month and would go up 3-6% a year. In 2010 it went up about 40-50% a year for a total of about 150% from 2010. My costs are now $1080 a month and there was only 1 provider last year. My Ex had to go to an HMO at about $900 a month or it would have been over $1500 a month. My deductible went from $2000 to $6000 a year.

They should have just let O'care collapse like it is doing. Dems 100% created this problem.
Yes Dems created this disaster and it hurt many Americans. Democrats paid a price though, thanks to Obamacare among other things "you got Trump". That's what happens when you hurt so many and ignore them when they tell you their getting financially killed with the premiums. I've even seen someone say "pay it and shut up". Yea, they got their subsidy and that's all they cared about.

The only people who support it is people getting the welfare subsidy.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:38 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,816,346 times
So the government is paying for everyone, right? That's what trump promised in his interview with O'Reilly.

21,989 posts, read 15,749,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I already did, twice! because of Obamacare. Now it's so expensive I could buy a Mercedes or pay a mortgage on a home with what I"m paying. Hey even if I lost it again it wouldn't be anything new.

Now I hope you get a dose of how I've been feeling and how little I've been liking it.
I always paid for my own health coverage, now and before. As a Democrat, I have always wanted health care for all. I also know Obama was the first president to really go through the gauntlet. Now that Trump is elected, I really don't care if the country loses their health coverage, I didn't get anything before and I don't get anything now. I am very much looking forward to Paul Ryan "reforming" Medicare. That's going to be poetic to watch. Basically, I want to see the country get so much right wingery their eyes bulge out. Republicans are fully in charge and let them ram full on right wingery with abandon!

42,000 posts, read 75,335,663 times
Quote:
These kids now want to live off their parents until their 26? Whats wrong with these kids today?
College isn't always a four-year deal now, for one thing; kids are taking the five-year plan, or longer. If a 24-year-old is still in college, s/he may still be a dependent and should qualify for a parent's health insurance plan.

Quote:
LOL, who's getting Medicaid. Do you really think able bodied people insured by Medicaid voted for Trump?
Uh, yeah, they did. It's amazing the number of people who voted against their best interests during this election.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:39 PM

1,438 posts, read 781,424 times
How will this lead to lower insurance prices? Health insurance prices were skyrocketing before Obamacare and continued to skyrocket after Obamacare. Without price controls and/or government price negotiation, there's nothing in this plan that will contain the rising cost of healthcare and pharmaceuticals, which is the real issue and for some reason no one is taking about it. The debate is entirely about insurance coverage and not skyrocketing prices and record profits for privately-owned healthcare companies. European countries and Canada step in to help their citizens by forcing the companies to sell their products to their universal healthcare systems at SIGNIFICANTLY lower rates than the privately-owned healthcare companies in America are charging.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:40 PM

763 posts, read 381,106 times
Quote:
When we were in our 20's we wanted to go out and start our lives. I was a college graduate by 24, working and paying my way. These kids now want to live off their parents until their 26? Whats wrong with these kids today?
It took you til age 24 to graduate undergrad?

Wow, what was wrong with kids back then? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

EDIT: You are delusional if you don't think that people on Medicaid voted for Trump.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,257,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I hope a lot of Republicans lose their health care coverage. Trump's their president, they have to smile and say thank you sir may I have another?
This republican lost his health care plan because of obama.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,749,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
"Our legislation transfers power from Washington back to the states," said House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady, in a statement. "We dismantle Obamacare's damaging taxes and mandates so states can deliver quality affordable options."

As it should be. The States need to come up with their own systems of universal coverage, and leave the federal government out of it.
As long as states can implement ten and twenty year bans for newcomers to benefit from their state based plans. The last thing I want is a single Republican entering my blue state and getting health care without contributing for a decade or two first. Don't worry, I have no interest whatsoever in ever living in a red state, they can make whatever rules they want, don't care.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM

57,411 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
When we were in our 20's we wanted to go out and start our lives. I was a college graduate by 24, working and paying my way. These kids now want to live off their parents until their 26? Whats wrong with these kids today?
Children went off parents plans when they were 21 and I needed to buy a plan for my son for 1-2 years, very expensive other than catastrophic.

Why did the ACA drive up your catastrophic plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies