Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You didn't answer my question.

Did they either STOP 9/11 or tell Bush that Iraq would be a DISASTER?

Telling Bush about "the dangers" is par for the course. Hell, anyone can do that.

Excellent intelligence? Pfffffffft...seriously? I can't find a single expert on intelligence that supports that statement.

The CIA has a record of pretty much nothing but failure. Nice try.

If you think the CIA is worth its salt, then you're in small company. Since they were created, no more than a few presidents have ever trusted their Intel or advice.

So please...spare me.

I did. You just have odd expectations from a intelligence agency. They provide intelligence and information. They did what they were allowed to. The CIA HAS lost lives doing this. Your argument is so much nonsense, and you are doubling down.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:32 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I did. You just have odd expectations from a intelligence agency. They provide intelligence and information. They did what they were allowed to. The CIA HAS lost lives doing this. Your argument is so much nonsense, and you are doubling down.
The CIA does more than gather intelligence and provide information. They have been involved in murder of children, drug trafficking when it is still illegal in the US and others go to prison for it, and possibly even child sexual trafficking and pedophilia.

They have also been behind overthrowing democratically elected leaders and governments. They have been recently arming terrorists in Syria as well.

Klansmen, Nazi soldiers, and black street gang members have died in the service of their outfits and nations too.

Movie Review: 'The Infiltrator': 'Breaking Bad' Lite

Quote:
While “The Infiltrator” offers no drug war solutions (not that it needs to), it does shine a spotlight on the CIA’s covert footprints in and around the Colombian drug world, as well as on cocaine’s role in funding wars.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eTWIxdwnk
The Real Man Behind 'The Infiltrator' (2016)

Making the Movies 2,626 views

I understand fully what is going on however. There can be no reconciliation in the US between those on Trump side and those on the Hillary-CIA side. Only war and bloodshed must happen. Those against Trump will cheer and even help if asked by the CIA to rape and sell a million little Peruvian girls aged between 3 and 7 years-old. For the glory of the American flag and "national security" is all they need to hear. Because Trump offends them because he refuses to play their PC fanatical religion game. So, it comes down to hatred of Trump. If Jesus himself came down and said just let Trump be even if he has some faults, he will still do some good, they will call for the crucifixion of Jesus.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
One never knows, do one?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:01 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,408,343 times
The CIA isn't perfect, but what organization is? And the challenges 99% of the rest of face us face are trivial in comparison. The nature of their work precludes you knowing about most of their successes. Thank goodness our intelligence agencies work to keep us safe in spite of the uninformed morons out there criticizing things they know nothing about. And thank goodness they don't have time to read this thread...

Old 03-14-2017, 04:28 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
For damn sake's folks....of course we would be in more danger, it does not matter whether YOU think they are good or not....get that through your thick skulls.....

What the hell, how about all our intelligence agencies, why not lay it out...show everything...

Lets start having all text posted, daily for every person in the U.S.? What would it hurt?

Would anyone here be pissed that we DID get most of our Titanium from russia in the late 40's and 50's because we lied about what we wanted it for....you know....the SR-71, how did we know they had all this Titanium, and were willing to sell it?

Some people are just amazing....lets expose everything......cause who knows, right?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:42 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
They're headquartered in DC, stupid capital of the world.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
I still can't get over the Democrats suddenly being for the CIA and against Russia, when in the past they were against the CIA and for Russia.

Proof that just one little thing -- the election of Donald Trump -- can send them over the edge!

1917 - 2016 -- Democrats love Russia, especially when it was Communist from 1917 to 1991.

1947 - 2016 -- Democrats hate the CIA

Trump wins the Republican nomination

Democrats suddenly hate Russia and love the CIA.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:27 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes we would. Despite the idiotic nonsense driven by the whitehouse, the CIA has done amazing work. Not perfect, but only morons expect perfection.
I don't think any intelligence agency ever controlled Adolph Hitler, fully, that is!

Old 03-15-2017, 05:31 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
With the whole wikileaks thing I thought about something: Say hypothetically EVERYTHING the CIA has done and is involved in was fully out there. There was nothing they did or would do that wasn't fully open and transparent, would it really put more Americans in danger? Just like the stupid TSA which has done nothing to protect Americans I really don't believe it. The CIA and their ilk has no reason to exist other than to spy on people for no reason and they have never done anything to help Americans, they sure did a great job at stopping 9/11 didn't they?

I think if one thing is clear, a terrorist attack will happen whether the CIA exists or not.
have NO idea what you talking about---

Old 03-15-2017, 05:57 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Some of the selected executive branch officials were pervy to 911 before it occurred.

Privy, or, What Ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies