Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:21 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,746,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Thanks. Interesting but ultimately quite a weak argument. I did find it interesting though when he said, "my occult leanings." He looks like an extra in a Lord of the Rings flick interestingly enough. So seeing he would be in the occult is not at all surprising.
Yes, like many YouTubers, Styx certainly doesn't look the part of a political analyst. It took me awhile to take him seriously. I still disagree with him on a lot of things. He's onboard with Trump. I am not. Still, he's earned my respect because he has excellent insights into things and keeps being right about stuff. He's also less partisan-biased than most.

Quote:
In this whole video he is not explaining who the alt right are, which he uses another term, the "new right", which is what I assume he's calling the alt right, talk about confusing. Most of the time he's ranting against neocons how they screwed up and their failed ideology blah blah blah blah and only says that the new right is a backlash to that. Ok? Why can he not explain what they are for instead of just ranting against other ideologies that he has perceived to have failed?

Plus, to top it off, at the end he actually says the neocons are wrong and the new right are right. Those terms mean the same thing. Neo=new, con=right. It's the same meaning.

Still, thanks for the post. I do think I figured something out about this movement though. It's basically a movement that realizes how much Republicans that they once revered have failed them. And their reaction to this failure is to say the reason we failed is not because we are wrong but because we weren't true enough to our cause (IE not conservative enough). That reminds me of something Rush Limbaugh one said, which was basically that when Republicans lose it's always because they were not conservative enough, they were not true Republicans, they were Rinos, etc. So this new movement knows the conservative movement has failed them they just haven't realized the causes of that failure yet. This explains Trump success with these groups quite well.
Neocon and RINO are terms that have come to identify specific subsets of Republicans. What he's pointing out is something else.

Call it "new right" or something else. It doesn't matter. There is a growing movement that wants true fiscal conservatism, less military intervention internationally (when did that ever become a "conservative" thing?) and less government in every aspect of people's lives. Unlike the old guard Republicans, they're generally younger and actively fighting back against the new authoritarian SWJ's. They're a lot more willing to accept minority, gay, lesbian and trans people, while soundly rejecting the new wave of made up gender identity politics and feminazism. There is also a growing number of disaffected liberals in the mix who retain many of their liberal views but also reject SJW authoritarianism. Dave Rubin is a perfect example. It's a vast mob with extremely diverse viewpoints. The most unifying factors are a sense that mainstream media and mainstream politics have abandoned/betrayed them.

Then you have the far-right like the KKK and Stormfront, etc. They already have a word for them. Far-right. Yet they seem to want to co opt every single new term people try to come up with to describe the far larger, more significant and completely dissimilar movement I'm talking about. The MSM stands to lose more than most, so they're more than happy to try to con people into believing that "new right" and the KKK are one and the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 01:20 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,793 times
I dont know what the alt-right is even though ive been labeled as such before

Old 09-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This. I don't know what alt-right means anymore. I thought it was like extreme, KKK, super racist people. But now I've seen it been coined to people who simply disagree with a liberal.

I've seen people several YouTubers like PewDiePie and Paul Joseph Watson labeled as alt-right...and they're totally not at all.
PJW is very right wing, reminds me of users on here like dashrender, Oldglory and floridanative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies