Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

If you visited Vegas and had any medical care you need to read this topic.

Very interesting and scary story about medical and health issues in Las Vegas, seems that 40,000 patients (plus those they came in contact with) are subject to major health issues of Hepatitis C, B, HIV and more. The Endoscopy Center employees were told to reuse medical items thus contaminating and spreading disease risking the lives of many people.

More profit for the clinic in their money savings attempt of reusing supplies and medications, staff was ordered by administrators principally majority owner Dr. Dipak Desai. I understand that the Dr. just purchased a new $4 million home recently I think he needs a jail cell!

Massive Las Vegas Hepatitis C Scare Causes Public Health Crisis - Edward M. Bernstein & Associates Files Lawsuits

Investigations Focus on Las Vegas Clinic in Hepatitis Exposure Case

Las Vegas Now | Sixth Medical Center Closed, DA Looks At Criminal Charges

This comes down to criminal action by those involved at the clinics who know better then this. Major illnesses and death may affect 40,000 people plus those who they come into contact with.

The question now is how do you identify all these people and what should happen to the Dr. and his staff of these clinics? This is going towards criminal action because of their willingness and failure to protect the general public. People may die from the actions of those who worked there.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,,,,,, but not this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
If it can be proven at a trial that the staff was "just following orders" then they should be given fines and given short jail sentences for endangering the public health for not reporting the violation of good standards. The doctor and/or administrator should be fined his entire personal fortune and hanged.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 AM

272 posts, read 784,517 times
Wow...what next....

Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

If they find any patient/s that may have died, someone could be charged with some type of a murder charge. This would include the staff for knowing that they failed to provide proper medical practice when dealing with patient care.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
This is deeply embarrassing. This is the kind of scandal that happens in third-world countries with no supervision of the medical system.

It would probably be appropriate for the head of Nevada's medical licensing board to resign over this.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Apparently, it's not an entirely uncommon thing. Though, the numbers in this case sure are staggering.

*Everyone* involved in this, who had knowledge of it, should face assault and endangerment charges, at the very least. The whole "I was just following orders" crap died at Nuremberg. Everyone has a choice to do the right thing. And, those who chose not to deserve to be brought before a court and face the consequences. There's NO excuse.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
I don't normally condone physical harm.. but if a friend or family member was ever the victim of something like this..... I'd be in jail for what I'd do to everyone involved.

Personally, if anybody got HIV or Hepatitis from this - the court system should take some of their saliva, blood, etc and infect the doctors and staff who were "in the know."

Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Two words: Disturbing and disgusting!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I don't normally condone physical harm.. but if a friend or family member was ever the victim of something like this..... I'd be in jail for what I'd do to everyone involved.

Personally, if anybody got HIV or Hepatitis from this - the court system should take some of their saliva, blood, etc and infect the doctors and staff who were "in the know."

Kuharai
,,,, I wish you’d get off the fence on this issue! Very well said and I age with you. I’d be right there with you.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 AM

4 posts, read 14,115 times
Exclamation Many fin doctors in Las Vegas

There are many fine doctors from India. If they were not good doctors, then your insurance company would not list them as "preferred" providers. They are preferred because of there skill and excellence. They come to the United States to serve the greater good. There is more need in the United States. That is why the J1 Visa programs require that doctors from India practice in areas of the United States that are deemed "under-served." There are no underserved areas in India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies