Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 02:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,784 times

Advertisements

Trump is the perfect storm for Progressives:

Trump is very wealthy. Progressives detest the wealthy.

Trump loves America. Progressives constantly urinate on America.

Trump is a hard core Capitalist. Progressives detest Capitalism.

Trump doesn't want unsecured borders. Progressives want open borders.

Trump wants a strong military. Progressives want no military.

The list goes on. It's no wonder they hate him... he's a normal American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 02:44 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,136 times
People are scared of him because the media tells them to be. Trump is a moderate that believes the federal government is too big and is trying to do too much. He wants to roll back the size of government. This means some people are going to have to give up some power and influence and money. That's why the media and politicians don't like him.

The fear mongering is insane.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The OP needs to quit Watching Fox News. They are even getting weary of his antics. Trump is a fraud. He conned his way into the White House. The man isn't fit to be president. He is making a mockery of our country and praising Russia.
Fox News is hardly pro-Trump. And wanting to get along with Russia is not praising Russia. Russia hasn't been our enemy in a quarter of a century. We should stop acting like the Cold War is still on.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:53 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
So leaving weapons behind for Isis to get ahold of and increasing our debt isn't a mockery, 30,000 emails deleted. then i don't know what is.
Who left the weapons behind?

Name all who took part in increasing the debt?

Who deleted more subpoenaed e-mails than Hillary?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I really am baffled by this. People are marching against Trump, the media is totally against him, the government hates on every little thing he does. And even as a liberal, this really confuses me...I'm not a fan of him at all, but the media , even media entertainment sites, suddenly shifted from "Look Kim Kardashian ate a pear!" to "GRRR WE GOTTA IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!" on virtually almost every news article. Just go to Yahoo, Buzzfeed, etc.

But my question is, what exactly has he done to instill so much fear in people? I'm confused because I never heard anything about him targeting certain groups of people in America (like any legal mexicans or blacks, jews, etc), besides wanting to vet illegal immigrants, which shouldn't even be an issue since immigrants are welcome as long as they follow the proper laws to come here. I've never really heard of him making fun of disabled people (that CNN video was such a hack job with that reporter). I don't know of any rights that are going to be taken away that he's mentioned. The LGBT community are freaking out about him, but I don't ever remember a Republican candidate...or ANY candidate before 2012 ever saying they were pro-gay marriage. But, I've never seen so much outrage over a President before...

The strange part to me is, 10 years ago, everyone pretty much liked Trump. He was just some billionaire businessman who talked about himself a lot, which I guess is okay, but he never appeared "evil" or "Hitler" like. If anything, he's more of a everyday-funnyman more than anything. And he's a womanizer, which, again, I don't see much of an issue with, as long there was consent then I mean, meh. I've never seen him come out and say he hates women or wants to take away their rights. That whole "grab em by the you know what" thing, IMO, was overblown, since that was a private conversation, but it was clearly just a guy talking about women. Not very appropriate, but....the dude likes women and he's old school about it. The only woman I've seen him talk crap about is Rosie O'Donnell...but I mean...she's Rosie O'Donnell so.......yeah.

But now, everyone is rallying against him. The whole "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA". Where does that chant even come from? Or even mean? I've never seen people get mad about someone saying "America First" and "putting the country first". Why is that such a bad statement?

The only thing I've seen Trump really say is that he wants to bring businesses back to America, fix the economy, keep our borders safe and secure, and to repeal and replace Obamacare. What exactly is so bad about that? The only thing I really see is that he tweets quite a bit and needs to chill on it and he may not be the most eloquent speaker next to Obama, but...is that a reason to want to impeach the guy?

So honest question, why are people so scared and worried about a Donald Trump presidency?
Because the man is in over his head and he is an embarrassment to the country. Regardless of how much lipstick is put on this one, he is nothing short of boorish or what's called uncouth.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I really am baffled by this. People are marching against Trump, the media is totally against him, the government hates on every little thing he does. And even as a liberal, this really confuses me...I'm not a fan of him at all, but the media , even media entertainment sites, suddenly shifted from "Look Kim Kardashian ate a pear!" to "GRRR WE GOTTA IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!" on virtually almost every news article. Just go to Yahoo, Buzzfeed, etc.

But my question is, what exactly has he done to instill so much fear in people?
For yrs liberals attacked dissenting voices to demonize them so others would not listen to what they had to say, a form of silencing. And then there was the fear mongering, for example... "They will put you back in chains"? This and other fear mongering tactics will also be shown to be false.

They are also afraid that many things that Trump said will be shown to be true. For example, did you know that 2 illegal immigrants raped a 14 yo girl in her HS, they both raped her at the same time, orally, vaginally and anally. The city where it happened was just about to vote to become a sanctuary city. The parents of young children are up in arms now. Those are just a few of the examples.

So they must do everything they can to bring Trump down. I'm not sure why because it doesn't mean that a liberal will replace Trump. Pence will replace him and he's even more conservative than Trump.

Last edited by petch751; 03-22-2017 at 03:20 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 03:18 PM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Is saying idiotic things like your last paragraph really necessary? What does that accomplish? People who disagree with you are on a quest to ruin the country? Perhaps they want to save it just as much as you do. I don't see a reason for those deliberately-stupid types of remarks no matter what your political outlook.

But to address the first sentence in the second paragraph--WHY? Honestly. What specifically about this person makes you think he "sincerely" wants that? Another poster believes him to be "the most patriotic person they have ever seen."

Again, seriously, why? Because those types of statements elicit a confounded HUH??? from those of us who see a huckster, a con man, the same as he had always been seen before. Tell me please why you believe he is something different.
Look, lady, I don't call your misguided opinion idiotic, even though I think so. This is a typical liberal reaction. Instead of pulling for the success of the current administration, you hope for the worst. This is a sick and sad perspective.
You have to see, that some people look at the exact same facts and form a different opinion than you. Take a pill.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Look, lady, I don't call your misguided opinion idiotic, even though I think so. This is a typical liberal reaction. Instead of pulling for the success of the current administration, you hope for the worst. This is a sick and sad perspective.
You have to see, that some people look at the exact same facts and form a different opinion than you. Take a pill.
oh no you assume all wrong.

I hate Trump but I keep hoping he is going to prove me wrong.

And of course -- we all look at things and interpret it differently -- you are off base on some stuff and I may be off base on others.

You are wrong -- I am no Rush Limbaugh that hopes Trump fails to prove I was right....nope. I hope I am wrong as can be and i can say to many of my friends -- wow -- you were right.

I much rather than then -- I told you so.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Fox News is hardly pro-Trump. And wanting to get along with Russia is not praising Russia. Russia hasn't been our enemy in a quarter of a century. We should stop acting like the Cold War is still on.
Liberals don't understand that their trying to upend Trump, therefor upend democracy is making Putin a happy man, Trump believes that not antagonizing but peace through strength is a better way. BUT... I watch a video where CNN was hounding someone high up in Russia and it was obvious they were very irritated by the constant accusations even calling CNN liars.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh no you assume all wrong.

I hate Trump but I keep hoping he is going to prove me wrong.

And of course -- we all look at things and interpret it differently -- you are off base on some stuff and I may be off base on others.

You are wrong -- I am no Rush Limbaugh that hopes Trump fails to prove I was right....nope. I hope I am wrong as can be and i can say to many of my friends -- wow -- you were right.

I much rather than then -- I told you so.
I don't hate anyone (a wasteful emotion that only makes you miserable) but I did dislike Obama's policies. I hoped that I was wrong but as it turns out I wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies