Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 11:10 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,654,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I'm baffled that you're baffled. Hopefully the many responses you got would give you some idea of why people don't like Trump, but it should be obvious by now.
Nah, I already have my opinions of Trump. But just curious to what others reasonings are.

So far, about 40% of the responses on this thread have been well thought out and I can understand their concerns. Factual, well-researched, smart replies are ones that I can truly respect and appreciate.

60% of the responses are just "becuz he's a meanie orange haired billionaire that says mean things"...and that's been my consensus with many anti-Trump people both here and in real-life. I mean, the first reply is basically what people will say in real life and that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,354,346 times
It comes down to respect. Possible to disagree with policies, actions but still hold on to respect.

Character: How do you respect a President who rails against "Fake" news seemingly not grasping the role a free press plays in a democracy only to himself rely on purveyors of news like Mark Levin, Breibart, and Judge Napolitano as justification to send out a series of tweets that themselves question the free transfer of power?

Policy: The "beautiful" health plan that the President spoke of during the election? Now clear that it never existed and we instead have a President politicking like crazy in support of Ryancare. Where's the emphasis on content? He seemingly only cares about checking off a "promise" from his checklist with little focus on the real impact it would have on Americans.

Even for initiatives I support (border integrity) his flashy expensive way of going about it (border wall, opposed by many in Texas) is nonsensical.

No respect for him either as a man or President.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-22-2017 at 12:10 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,595,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It comes down to respect. Possible to disagree with policies, actions but still hold on to respect.

Character: How do you respect a President who rails against "Fake" news seemingly not grasping the role a free press plays in a democracy only to himself rely on purveyors of news like Mark Levin, Breibart, and Judge Napolitano as justification to send out a series of tweets that themselves question the free transfer of power?

Policy: The "beautiful" health plan that the President spoke of during the election? Now clear that it never existed and we instead have a President politicking like crazy in support of Ryancare. Where's the emphasis on content? He seemingly only cares about checking off a "promise" from his checklist with little focus on the real impact it would have on Americans.

Even for initiatives I suppose (border integrity) his flashy expensive way of going about it (border wall, opposed by many in Texas) is nonsensical.

No respect for him either as a man or President.
Does the criticism from Trump has no merit at all? Should the "press" not be held responsible for anything they say? Remember the whole "recycling" BS the free press created? It has had a profound negative impact on our policies, our life and our environment.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,645,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
there is way too much to reply to here so i will just pick.

America first.
straight up, do you stand outside in your front yard shouting "THE SMITHS FIRST". My guess is that you don't , because that would pee off your neighbors.

The world is made up of a very large collection of conflicting interests. We the USA together with our partners have managed to convince other nations into thinking they must comply with our rules and that it is in everyone's best interest to do so. The truth is that this only works as long as everyone believes there are few other options and that they gain from being in the gang.

Do you really think that we really have the power to enforce our IP restricts on the rest of the world? We are the ones who benefit by extending IP rights for Micky Mouse out to 100 years. Why on earth should india or china give a damn what we think? why shouldn't they simply copy every new drug the west makes?

So by telling the US and the world that we are moving to a US centric, America first policy we are saying others are free to do the same thing, and as such they would be completely correct to ban google, steal Microsoft's and Apple's IP, and steal whatever tech they can and then just blatantly sell what others invested billions to develop.
We sell modified seeds for top dollar only because IP protections block others from copying it and selling it for one fifth the price.

in short , if you want the other kids on your street to follow your made up rules, you at least better pretend to be a good guy who is just trying to protect the game.
they're chanting "America first" because America has been being sold out for decades now to corporate and global interests.

What is sad is that you and so many others don't see it.

20 Trillion dollars in debt. A case could be made against Obama and company that they've even been acting in the best interest of Americans.

We've never been weaker, and this administration has one enormous mess to clean up.

We have absolutely nothing to show for the 9 Trillion dollars Obama spent. The temporary construction jobs, census workers, etc are all up.

What do we have to show for it? Nothing but a blown up bubble.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:30 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Does the criticism from Trump has no merit at all? Should the "press" not be held responsible for anything they say? Remember the whole "recycling" BS the free press created? It has had a profound negative impact on our policies, our life and our environment.
Of course they should. FOX news and Napolitano should absolutely be held accountable for the unfounded accusations against Obama. When is Trump going to call them out?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:38 AM

59,255 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I really am baffled by this. People are marching against Trump, the media is totally against him, the government hates on every little thing he does. And even as a liberal, this really confuses me...I'm not a fan of him at all, but the media , even media entertainment sites, suddenly shifted from "Look Kim Kardashian ate a pear!" to "GRRR WE GOTTA IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!" on virtually almost every news article. Just go to Yahoo, Buzzfeed, etc.

But my question is, what exactly has he done to instill so much fear in people? I'm confused because I never heard anything about him targeting certain groups of people in America (like any legal mexicans or blacks, jews, etc), besides wanting to vet illegal immigrants, which shouldn't even be an issue since immigrants are welcome as long as they follow the proper laws to come here. I've never really heard of him making fun of disabled people (that CNN video was such a hack job with that reporter). I don't know of any rights that are going to be taken away that he's mentioned. The LGBT community are freaking out about him, but I don't ever remember a Republican candidate...or ANY candidate before 2012 ever saying they were pro-gay marriage. But, I've never seen so much outrage over a President before...

The strange part to me is, 10 years ago, everyone pretty much liked Trump. He was just some billionaire businessman who talked about himself a lot, which I guess is okay, but he never appeared "evil" or "Hitler" like. If anything, he's more of a everyday-funnyman more than anything. And he's a womanizer, which, again, I don't see much of an issue with, as long there was consent then I mean, meh. I've never seen him come out and say he hates women or wants to take away their rights. That whole "grab em by the you know what" thing, IMO, was overblown, since that was a private conversation, but it was clearly just a guy talking about women. Not very appropriate, but....the dude likes women and he's old school about it. The only woman I've seen him talk crap about is Rosie O'Donnell...but I mean...she's Rosie O'Donnell so.......yeah.

But now, everyone is rallying against him. The whole "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA". Where does that chant even come from? Or even mean? I've never seen people get mad about someone saying "America First" and "putting the country first". Why is that such a bad statement?

The only thing I've seen Trump really say is that he wants to bring businesses back to America, fix the economy, keep our borders safe and secure, and to repeal and replace Obamacare. What exactly is so bad about that? The only thing I really see is that he tweets quite a bit and needs to chill on it and he may not be the most eloquent speaker next to Obama, but...is that a reason to want to impeach the guy?

So honest question, why are people so scared and worried about a Donald Trump presidency?
Because he rocks the boat of the "establishment" politicians and the media.

The name of the game in Wash is POWER because with power comes money.

Look at the financials of most politicians in Wash. ESPECIALLY BEFORE they came to Wash.

The best job in the world is U.S. Senator ( you NEVER hear of Senator running for the House of Representative's, do you?

Look at how many when they leave office do NOT go back to their home state after their entire career in Wash. and claimed how important their state was to them, become either lobbyists or high positions, usuallu as a "consultant" in some company they have been "supporting" through legislation.

The owner of Occidental Oil BRAGGED about how he had Al Gore senior "in his back pocket, then after leaving the senate became a big wig in Occidental Oil.

Retiring Admirals and Generals become "consultants" with the same companies that held military Govt contracts they have been dealing with in their military careers.

I am NOT just picking on a dem. BOTH side do it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-22-2017 at 11:57 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 11:42 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I hate him because he's so incredibly stupid, all the other baggage pales in comparison
Is he stupid or is that just you saying it, they claim his iq is about 150

Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,934 times
The biggest problem with trump is , he not a politician, he not going blow smoke up your ass to make you feel good. People hate him because he tells you what he thinking

Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,595,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Of course they should. FOX news and Napolitano should absolutely be held accountable for the unfounded accusations against Obama. When is Trump going to call them out?
What about CNN?

Obama isn't relevant anymore. I do agree that not only he, but we all should call them out.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:49 AM

21,991 posts, read 15,743,872 times
I am absolutely no fan of Trump but there is a part of me that wants him to last long enough to do the damage to Republicans he appears to be doing impressively well. I've never seen anything like this and it's only two months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies