Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 10:48 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I don't hate myself or other whites. That's a white nationalist fallacy 😒

Oh, OK, I see the problem.

You hate white people too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 10:50 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm white, retired from a lifetime of work (started at 12), don't have a police record, never even been sued (unlike some folks I could mention), and no one has ever accused me of avoiding taxes (again, unlike some folks I could mention).

I don't feel a bit despised, BTW.

So how do you explain the fact that I've loathed Trump for approximately three decades now?

You're not paying attention.

If you were, you would understand that you are indeed despised.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,776 times
The answers should be obvious.

Trump is a morally bankrupt Russian sock puppet who sexually assaults women and pays neither his taxes nor his employees. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and yet still managed to squander away fortunes because of his idiocy and ego. He is a liar, a fraud, a bully, and a delusional maniac who has never been held accountable for his actions in his entire worthless life. He is living embodiment of everything that is wrong with this nation: the sleaze, greed, immaturity, lack of accountability, thuggish behavior, and so on. People hate him - and rightfully so - because they hate slimebags and, more to the point, hate seeing slimebags elevated as heroes and given great power and wealth even though they deserve nothing based on their actions. I wouldn't trust Trump with my car for a day, so there's no way in heck I trust him with the nation.

That gets into the part about people fearing him, or at least his actions. The man is a nut who runs things like a dictator or a tyrant. He's filled his cabinet with evil, slimy people who'd gladly destroy the nation to make a few bucks. And that doesn't count the true crazies, like that conspiracy theorist white-supremacist Bannon who's said and done things that would prevent a normal person from getting a security clearance; but I guess it's OK for him to violate the rules - typical! Long story short, having a nasty, unskilled, rage-driven sociopath running the nation with a group of evil cronies is a good reason to be worried or afraid for the country's future.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:04 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Its not so much about political correctness as it is civility. The man has no moral compass. He gropes women, he is a compulsive lair, he used his fathers money to hire people to make him more money and he still went bankrupt four times, he uses what ever 'trigger' will work to gain support at the time then do what ever he pleases, he is immature with a strong possibility he could be diagnosed with more than one mental disorder.
Keep in mind that when those on the far right spew about "how political correctness is killing 'mericuh" they are really just using that as a code word for "not being allowed to those people the slurs we like to call them is wrong." I have never seen anyone on the far right offer up a single intelligent point about why "political correctness" is bad, or even what it actually is. Every single time you press them on the issue, they offer up lame examples, like "Uh, we can't call people short anymore because you're suppose to call them vertically challenged." Basically, stuff that's simply not true and reads like a bad stand up comedy routine.

The only actual "political correctness" in effect is simple stuff, like not using the N-word for blacks, the F-word for gays, and so forth. Since that is the only actual examples of "political correctness" in effect , and the far-right hates "political correctness," it becomes obvious what their actual problem is - the inability to use slurs publicly against the minorities they hate.

As for Trump, he's emotionally unstable, morally bankrupt, and dangerous on every level. Even the worst of the Trumplings who lick this guy's boots wouldn't honestly trust him to take their daughter to the prom or watch their house for a week, so it's laughable hypocrisy that they pretend to think he's good for the nation. Really, it just boils down to them hoping he "hurts somebody" they don't like, as was made so clear after his presidency began and the right-wing loons screamed about how badly they hoped Trump "hurt them liberals / poor / minorities / whatever."

Old 03-25-2017, 11:06 AM

2,954 posts, read 2,904,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because he's a narcissistic sociopath who only cares about himself and his money, and will lie through his face to defend his incompetence, immorality, and stupidity.

He has not a single redeeming quality. What is there to like about him? He's destroying this country, but you're apparently to oblivious to see that.

Yeah, over a year waist high in media slug must have been phenomenal for business. I mean who would have thought?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:11 AM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nonsense.

Trump is not stupid and anyone who says he is, is throwing that out there to cover the real reason they dislike him.

The real reason people don't like Trump is that he represents the most despised group of people in America, white people that work for a living, obey the law and pay taxes.
Then explain hardworking White people who obey the law, pay taxes, and don't like him.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:19 AM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Keep in mind that when those on the far right spew about "how political correctness is killing 'mericuh" they are really just using that as a code word for "not being allowed to those people the slurs we like to call them is wrong." I have never seen anyone on the far right offer up a single intelligent point about why "political correctness" is bad, or even what it actually is. Every single time you press them on the issue, they offer up lame examples, like "Uh, we can't call people short anymore because you're suppose to call them vertically challenged." Basically, stuff that's simply not true and reads like a bad stand up comedy routine.

The only actual "political correctness" in effect is simple stuff, like not using the N-word for blacks, the F-word for gays, and so forth. Since that is the only actual examples of "political correctness" in effect , and the far-right hates "political correctness," it becomes obvious what their actual problem is - the inability to use slurs publicly against the minorities they hate.

As for Trump, he's emotionally unstable, morally bankrupt, and dangerous on every level. Even the worst of the Trumplings who lick this guy's boots wouldn't honestly trust him to take their daughter to the prom or watch their house for a week, so it's laughable hypocrisy that they pretend to think he's good for the nation. Really, it just boils down to them hoping he "hurts somebody" they don't like, as was made so clear after his presidency began and the right-wing loons screamed about how badly they hoped Trump "hurt them liberals / poor / minorities / whatever."
To be blunt, this is sort of how I feel about Trump and the whole "political correctness" stuff. A person can be honest without being a jerk. President Trump personifies jerk. The way he went after John McCain was disrespectful. I wouldn't go after a war veteran like that. Okay, John McCain disobeyed orders and got himself in alot of trouble for that. He still served his country. When his time came, he served. I have far more respect for McCain than I ever will have for Trump. Whenever someone says "I look soldiers who weren't captured", that is a slap in the face to those who did serve and became POW/MIA as a result.

And then the racial aspect of this. When the Baltimore riots took place, Trump tweeted "Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!", I took that really personal as a Black man. Why? Well, Trump just singled out the President because of his race. According to Trump, Obama needed to be held responsible for stopping the riots because he's Black. Bigoted thinking.

And then another stupid stunt was his "look at my African-American over there". Who does that?

Something else that scares me. I believe he would violate the 4th Amendment. Unreasonable Search and Seizure. He said he would like to have a national stop and frisk policy. Based on the results seen in NYC, I don't think it will do much good. All it did was cause more racial profiling and violate so many people's rights. I value my rights.

What scares me is that if he is this reckless with his mouth and his behavior, and then he supports a draconian policing strategy, who knows what else he could do. I truly don't feel safe with him in office. And like you, I am more scared of those who will lick his boots.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:24 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,379,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
And? Unless you have a point, you shouldn't speak.
You should take your own advice.

Liberals hate Trump because they're driven by hate, everything they've spewed out for the last 20 years has been hate, if you don't absolutely 100% agree with them then you "hate" whatever you disagree on. They would be the same regardless of what Republican was elected.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:36 AM

2,954 posts, read 2,904,629 times
I watched the same film clip of a man pulling another from a wreck.

CNN began with "Black man pulls..."

FOX began with "(home town) man pulls..."

Like it was kind of odd a black man would actually help somebody? Is that it?

If you want the stop the labeling maybe reevaluate the team you're on. Maybe? It's like people in an abusive marriage yet stay anyways. Why???

Old 03-25-2017, 11:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,152,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The fear is the USA could face an international crisis the makes the Cuban missile crisis pale in comparison and the US has a petulant president with no emotional stability or control in charge of it nukes.
Reminds me a bit of Majin Buu...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies