Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Where the hell is Pence?
In a secure location, where they can keep him out of the public eye. I think the Rethuglican leadership has seen this coming for weeks, and they're deliberately keeping him as isolated from this as they can, so that when the inevitable transition happens, people do not associate him with Trump.

It's a smart plan, but how well it will work remains to be seen. If there's no dirt on him, they may get away with it, but... if there's even a suggestion that he had knowledge of this, the American people will be on him like a dog on a possum right from Day One.

Which is how I hope it shakes out. I want this episode to utterly, absolutely destroy the Republican Party, just completely devastate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As of today, Manafort is still denying all such accusations, saying they're part of a smear campaign against him. I think he'll squeal, if his feet are put to the fire and may become the kingpin of the downfall of Trump. It's been revealed that one of Manafort's daughters wrote to a sister, saying that, "Make no mistake about it, our money is blood money".
He'll flip. No doubt. All of these gutless bastards will roll over; they're not tough men at all. They're cowards and bullies, not accustomed to having to pay any price for their actions. They're used to making other people pay the price, while they squirt away to destroy something else. They're not used to operating in this environment, where just being ruthless and amoral is not enough. You have to be tough and smart, as well, and they've never had to do that before... and they do not know how.

When faced with spending the rest of their lives in prison, they will cave in. And they'll roll it up all the way to the top. Caving in one weasel at a time.

Oh, and Manafort's daughter said something much worse than that, too - "You know dad has killed people, right?"

Stay tuned to how that one turns out. The Ukrainian government has subpoenaed those texts.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 03-23-2017 at 02:15 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 01:33 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
In a secure location, where they can keep him out of the public eye. I think the Rethuglican leadership has seen this coming for weeks, and they're deliberately keeping him as isolated from this as they can, so that when the inevitable transition happens, people do not associate him with Trump.

It's a smart plan, but how well it will work remains to be seen. If there's no dirt on him, they may get away with it, but... if there's even a suggestion that he had knowledge of this, the American people will be on him like a dog on a possum right from Day One.

Which is how I hope it shakes out. I want this episode to utterly, absolutely destroy the Republican Party, just completely devastate them.

Yep, Trump is effectively nailing the last nails into the coffin of the GOP!

Old 03-23-2017, 01:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Shouldn't Nunes be immediately arrested for disclosing classified info to the very person under investigation, let alone to the Press? He knew damn well he was breaking the law!

What is it about the term "Executive Branch" that throws you?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:53 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
The SS Trumptanic has hit the Russian iceberg and is taking on that cold political water. Trump's election cronies will drown first, followed by the Republican party that's locked in steerage. The only survivors will be Invanka and Jared in a lifeboat with a case of champagne and a suitcase full of cash, picked up by the SS Chelsea Clinton.

Celine Dion will be singing "My Healthcare won't go on and on" at the end!

Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Shouldn't Nunes be immediately arrested for disclosing classified info to the very person under investigation, let alone to the Press? He knew damn well he was breaking the law!
He risked obstruction of justice charges as well as having the House Intelligence committee investigation replaced by an independent prosecutor in order to give Trump a wee bit of cover for his Obama wiretapped me lie.

Seems a witless move. Must be more going on.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion - POLITICO

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Trump going down!
Thank God... I know, I have been following it. I just wonder how long it will take.. at least they have gotten the ball rolling.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:36 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion - POLITICO

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Trump going down!
Yawn.

Did Russian's actually hack the voting machines, turning Clinton votes into Trump votes?

Nope.

Case closed.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
everyone here has access to pretty much the same information. OP posted what is a public statement made by the lead dem investigating this . They know more than you are me and he said very clearly there is more info.

Deal with it, denial won't stop the truth from coming out.
Key phrase.

They have kept this up for months, even though this has been investigated by top national security officials who have said, there is no evidence of any Russian interference in our election (and that includes 'collusion' by the Trump team with any Russian government officials). This entire meme has been manufactured by Democrats who are unhappy (shocked) that Hillary lost, and who hate Trump. They cannot accept the results of the election, and they have been saying for months that they were going to have him removed from office. Nancy Pelosi has said it, Maxine Waters has said it, and numerous other Democrats have said it. So, it is a witch hunt and nothing more. They will stop at nothing to find reason or an excuse to have Trump impeached (fat chance, since Republicans control Congress).

Old 03-23-2017, 04:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Key phrase.

They have kept this up for months, even though this has been investigated by top national security officials who have said, there is no evidence of any Russian interference in our election (and that includes 'collusion' by the Trump team with any Russian government officials). This entire meme has been manufactured by Democrats who are unhappy (shocked) that Hillary lost, and who hate Trump. They cannot accept the results of the election, and they have been saying for months that they were going to have him removed from office. Nancy Pelosi has said it, Maxine Waters has said it, and numerous other Democrats have said it. So, it is a witch hunt and nothing more. They will stop at nothing to find reason or an excuse to have Trump impeached (fat chance, since Republicans control Congress).
Communist traitors, all of them. You would think that maybe they would actually, you know, try to get some work done instead?

Old 03-23-2017, 04:59 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because it's a political witch hunt.

Because I don't want to live in a surveillance state.

Because Hillary promised to accept the outcome of the election and now she won't.

Because corporate ***** Republicans and Democrats would love to hand a coup d'état to their corporate, special interest and billionaire masters.

Because it's a shiny penny.

Because it's neo-MacCarthyism.

Because it was invented as an excuse for Democrats caught trying to steal an election to not address the content of e-mails that proved they were trying to steal the election.

Because the press that was found to be helping Hillary cheat during the election cannot be expected to tell the truth now.

Because the FBI cannot be trusted.
Because it's true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies