Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:43 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You want evidence of a country colluding and interfering in a foreign election while we wait for yours?

Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu - Washington Times
That is different, it is okay when the US interferes in other countries' elections. And I cackled with glee when the US (Obama/Hillary) interfered in Russia's most recent elections.

The point is that Trump quite likely:

(1) Offered Putin more flexibility after the election in exchange for action/inaction prior to the election. That is quid pro quo.

and

(2) Attacked those that correctly called Russia a geo-political adversary.

Democrats would never tolerate the above in a candidate on strong principles. When this election is overturned in favor of Hillary, I hope she continues Obama's policy of arming every group (even the terrorists) in the Middle East, which rankles Russia as they worry that ISIS will threaten their war water port in Syria.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:31 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is different, it is okay when the US interferes in other countries' elections. And I cackled with glee when the US (Obama/Hillary) interfered in Russia's most recent elections.

The point is that Trump quite likely:

(1) Offered Putin more flexibility after the election in exchange for action/inaction prior to the election. That is quid pro quo.

and

(2) Attacked those that correctly called Russia a geo-political adversary.

Democrats would never tolerate the above in a candidate on strong principles. When this election is overturned in favor of Hillary, I hope she continues Obama's policy of arming every group (even the terrorists) in the Middle East, which rankles Russia as they worry that ISIS will threaten their war water port in Syria.

Hahahah I see what you did there! Well done

Old 03-22-2017, 08:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So can we expect all the Trump worshippers here to go hide under their rocks now that direct evidence of Trump collusion is coming out? Or are they still going to support a man colluding with a foreign adversary to undermine our country?
They are still going to support him. They won't realize they've been conned until its something that hurts Middle America. If the Obamacare repeal goes through and suddenly many have no health insurance and can no longer afford to get it, that's when there will likely start to be some turning on him.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
So can we expect all the Trump worshippers here to go hide under their rocks now that direct evidence of Trump collusion is coming out? Or are they still going to support a man colluding with a foreign adversary to undermine our country?
Hate to ask...but WHAT evidence? Right now we have a Dem spokesman speculating that there might be evidence. Not even an "unnamed source" or "secret report" ala CNN. Yeah, and I have a great deal on a bridge for ya.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:51 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion - POLITICO

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Trump going down!
You're in the denial stage of birtherism until you admit you have a problem.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hate to ask...but WHAT evidence? Right now we have a Dem spokesman speculating that there might be evidence. Not even an "unnamed source" or "secret report" ala CNN. Yeah, and I have a great deal on a bridge for ya.
It's like Sheriff Joe or some other right winger always saying they have breaking news, new information on Obama's birth certificate....but then never does.

All the left is doing is proving that they can match the right idiot for idiot.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Quote:
Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion - POLITICO

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Schiff is a former prosecutor. He's not a political hack like Nunes. Schiff wouldn't say this unless he actually has the goods on Trump. Trump is in deep, deep trouble. It's time to appoint a special prosecutor. Sally Yates would be a very good choice.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,397 times
Seinfeld was a sitcom about nuthin', just like this thread.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,127,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You want to substitute Dem spokesman for Trump... applies very well to him.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What is the evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians to interfere with our elections (assuming that is the charge here)?
You're cute. Can I buy you a beer?

Never let it be said that c-d posters are not up to the challenge of filling empty web pages with speculation and innuendo based on their own fervid imaginings.

I like to pop up every now and again and ask for evidence too.

I don't usually get any, but it can be fun.

All we really know at this point is that both Nunes and Schiff are claiming to know things that they can't share. Except Nunes, who apparently shared with Trump. (Unexplained is why Trump doesn't already have access to this information.) We're also pretty sure it involves electronic surveillance, Trump and/or his staff/associates may or may not have been the target, it may or may not be at Obama's behest, and it may or may not also involve Russians.

That's my take on it anyway.

Hey, I'm retired, and I have peculiar taste in entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies