Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:52 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This.
well, Try justify this line

Take a good look at the posters who joined in the McCain dog pile here on City Data - see them for what they really are - astro turf.

First of all, it is really really REALLY sad to believe anybody who question John McCain = people joined in the McCain dog pile

Secondly, just because somebody question or criticize him, doesn't mean we disrespect POWs.

"This" is

BS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
What, no McCain haters want to answer the question?

OK, let me lay it out...

Congressman Devin Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, which would have the responsibility of investigating allegations of ties between the Trump administration and the Russian government, goes running off to the White House to share information with President Trump about things that his committee would be investigating. Mind you, Congressman Nunes went to the White House first, even before he shared his info with the all of the members of his committee.

Senator John McCain says that due to Nunes' actions, Congress no longer has credibility to conduct an investigation into the Trump-Russian situation. McCain's right - Nunes action cast him as a pawn of the Trump administration and cast doubt on the independence of any congressional probe into the matter. Even Congressman Nunes himself knows that he screwed up - he apologized to the other members of the House Intelligence Committee for his actions.

So what's a Republican organization to do? Launch a social media smear campaign against the one Republican who validated the Democratic politicians' calls for an independent counsel to investigate the the Trump administration.

Take a good look at the posters who joined in the McCain dog pile here on City Data - see them for what they really are - astro turf.
You can go back years and find my dislike for McCain.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can go back years and find my dislike for McCain.
well, like I said, the outrage needs to be consistent in order to be taken seriously.

At least, you have always been anti war.

I saw a post posted by a poster in this thread, (not going to name names here) a long time ago, he/she said, for a Vietnam vet to support useless war is always strange. It is really shocking for me to see him/her supporting Mccain in this thread.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
What I don't like with Sen McCain is that he gets whiplash rushing to a tv microphone for any reason that involves what someone else has done or not done.

But when given the chance to stand up and do something under his own responsibility he sits silent, as in 2008 flying back to Washington with Candidate Obama to discuss the financial crisis and Candidate McCain sat there like a bump on a log.

He is a rock thrower and a bully when it doesn't involve him. Whether that is PTSD driven I do not know. And God only knows what any POW goes through. Whether it is bitterness from Candidate Trump's rough treatment I don't know. It is the way he acts today that I don't like.

The statesmanly things he does are too rare

Old 03-23-2017, 05:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
What I don't like with Sen McCain is that he gets whiplash rushing to a tv microphone for any reason that involves what someone else has done or not done.

But when given the chance to stand up and do something under his own responsibility he sits silent, as in 2008 flying back to Washington with Candidate Obama to discuss the financial crisis and Candidate McCain sat there like a bump on a log.
IMO this is where he lost the election. He was reactive as opposed to decisive. Going back to save Wall Street really should have caused Obama to lose but people were simply too giddy to see the writing on the wall.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post

He is a rock thrower and a bully when it doesn't involve him.
John McCain used to be well respected in American politics. But since 2008, his rep has taken a pretty hard nosedive.

Ultimately, I think that's why McCain catches more heat than many other politicians. He was well respected and people expect more from him. His recent actions are beneath the stature he once earned for himself.

I believe he is a war hero simply because he has seen combat, he volunteered to serve his country and I believe this alone makes him a hero.

This said, everybody should see that McCain-Trump feud gets personal. I don't believe neither one of them can really claim the moral high ground. Get over it already.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
I don't trust John McCain; and not just cause he picked Palin as his VP in 2008. I voted AGAINST that dude in 2016 when he ran for Congress, too.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Of course he was. All of the POWs who made statements were forced. They were subject to isolation, starvation and extended torture.

Trump's fans, or the Russians, (perhaps both) are obviously feeling the heat since they're trotting this old lie out again. It's total BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Unless the OP was a POW who endured YEARS of torture, they have NO right to opine on this subject.
I read something back in the day that about half of the enlisted men "broke" under torture but, less than 5 percent of the officers cracked.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I read something back in the day that about half of the enlisted men "broke" under torture but, less than 5 percent of the officers cracked.
I think most humans "broke" under torture. Enlisted or officers. No difference.

I am not questioning what you are saying, and I don't want to take what you said out of context. I don't judge any combat servicemembers. Doing so is unkind.

This said, I think there is a fine line between "breaking" and giving up classified military operations details without a struggle.

It is normal to break, it is not normal to giving up classified military operations details without a struggle.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:38 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Here's another not so flattering account of McCain - nearly sunk aircraft carrier & killed 134 sailors...

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...d-134-sailors/
I read this very interesting fake story. I am not blaming you but some creep put it out there.

It was a real tragedy, of course, but falsely blaming anyone to gain political capital over tragic deaths is pretty low and dishonors the vets who died or were injured in that sad event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies