Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:45 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,744,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Republicans can dish it out, but they can't take it.
Yeah not one word about the last 8 years of obstructionist politics by the GOP. They are unusually quiet on that subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 08:24 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,122,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Yeah not one word about the last 8 years of obstructionist politics by the GOP. They are unusually quiet on that subject.
When republicans ran the house for the last 6 years and senate since 2014, the effort to block Obama was practical since they owned congress.

Now democrats are just kids playing games as the minority. Not one cabinet position blocked. What's with the senate? Democrats are wasting time if they even show up to vote. Democrats got hammered when they didn't show up to vote in committee meetings.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 14,704,283 times
I'm reminded of the line from those old anti-drug TV commercials: "I learned it from watching you!"

Old 03-26-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm reminded of the line from those old anti-drug TV commercials: "I learned it from watching you!"
How many threads about how horrible democrat chuck Schumer are there?

Harry Reid started the slide downhill for democrats when he eliminated the super majority requirement for votes in the senate. Thank you harry for leading the way for Gorsuch. He's guaranteed to be our next supreme court judge!!

Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,232,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Chuck Schumer once again has extreme biased and closed mind in supporting the next supreme court judge. Gorsuch wasn't even completed with his senate hearing before Schumer went ballistic and started his rant.

Democrats threaten delay on Supreme Court nominee | WTOP

Either way, Gorsuch will be the next supreme court judge despite the childish acts of democrats.
Were the acts of the GOP refusing to hold a hearing for Garland also childish? Or are you just a raging hypocrite? I don't personally care which you are. I didn't raise you so I have no reason to feel shame one way or the other.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,568,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
McConnel can't give Schumer anything. It's just not how it works here
"In an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell seemed ready to change Senate rules, if necessary, to confirm Gorsuch with a simple majority rather than the 60 votes now required to move forward. Such a change also would apply to future Supreme Court nominees and would be especially important in the event that Trump gets to fill another opening and replace a liberal justice or Justice Anthony Kennedy, the court’s so-called swing vote. In 2013, Democrats changed the rules to prohibit delaying tactics for all nominees other than for the high court."

Old 03-26-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Were the acts of the GOP refusing to hold a hearing for Garland also childish? Or are you just a raging hypocrite? I don't personally care which you are. I didn't raise you so I have no reason to feel shame one way or the other.
That would have been pointless because the republican senate was never going to vote him onto the court. Garland wouldn't have even gotten 45 votes let alone 50 or 55 or 60. Hearings to not vote are wasted valuable time.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Angry democrat schumer - right. He is laughing his ass off tonight at the GOP and their mess with trumpcare. He said they were like the dog who caught the bus and didn't know what to do with it.
Yeah, and Schumer is like the neglected dog that eats its own poop for attention.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yeah, and Schumer is like the neglected dog that eats its own poop for attention.
Schumer's tactic of acting like he's neutral and now flies of the handle only works in California and new York democrat land.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Schumer's tactic of acting like he's neutral and now flies of the handle only works in California and new York democrat land.
Yeah, I was definitely assuming that the Republicans were going to end up giving up some representation in the mid-term elections, but if Schumer and his ilk keep acting like this, I don't think that is going to happen. The fake outrage and trying to besmirch a guy who is on all accounts an incredibly well respected lawyer and judge as well as a decent human is going to seriously backfire on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies