Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,804,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Absolutely wrong.

I am a Democrat, but I am an American first.

If Trump can come up with a plan that covers everyone, like he said he would do, I will be all for it. Without a doubt.

I don't care which party gets credit for it.

The healthcare system in this country has been broken for a long time, and I think it is absolutely disgusting that the wealthiest country in the world can't come up with a system that can guarantee quality healthcare for every citizen.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I think it's pathetic that the rep's can't get something passed/start getting consensus at this point, no doubt.

As for rep's "owning it"? Nope. The dems think obamacare is perfect as it is based on what I've heard and really nothing has to be done to the plan as it currently exists based on what I hear from them. With big increases in premiums, just 1 insurer in states like mine, if that's a "perfect" plan that needs no adjusting according to the dems, well, they own it as they created it/feel it's ok. See?
Republicans absolutely own it now if they can't get anything passed. That's what Trump ran on. I just don't understand...republicans had all these years to research and perfect healthcare for everyone. What have they been doing. Instead we have a rushed plan of theirs which hurts seniors among others. Oh but it helps the rich

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,684,283 times
He negotiated?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Absolutely wrong.

I am a Democrat, but I am an American first.

If Trump can come up with a plan that covers everyone, like he said he would do, I will be all for it. Without a doubt.

I don't care which party gets credit for it.

The healthcare system in this country has been broken for a long time, and I think it is absolutely disgusting that the wealthiest country in the world can't come up with a system that can guarantee quality healthcare for every citizen.
Obama wanted a single payer system which would have covered everyone. Republicans were against it. So Trump can't do anything better.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,514,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I think it's pathetic that the rep's can't get something passed/start getting consensus at this point, no doubt.

As for rep's "owning it"? Nope. The dems think obamacare is perfect as it is based on what I've heard and really nothing has to be done to the plan as it currently exists based on what I hear from them. With big increases in premiums, just 1 insurer in states like mine, if that's a "perfect" plan that needs no adjusting according to the dems, well, they own it as they created it/feel it's ok. See?
Dems do not think it is perfect. Obama stated as much today. It absolutely needs to be improved on. But what is undeniable is the care crisis. I am still waiting on the gop answer. The vast majority of America wants a single payer system. Trump himself basically campaigned on this. Did you not listen?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,820,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I love all the comments on this and other threads, these are just a sampling of some of the nicer/cleaner ones.
C'mon, be honest now. Just admit that there's nothing Trump or the GOP could do, there's nothing they could say or even try and fix that you'd be okay with. It's become apparent that there's no appeasing some and there's no dealing or deal making with many. Way too much ideology and way too little concern for others opinions involved. Haven't y'all learned how this turns out from the last guy and the debacle we have now?
It is not Dem vs Rep, it is and has been US (the lowly citizen) vs THEM (all the ideologues in power) constantly pointing fingers at each other. You can either keep playing this sniping game and end up with the same trash healthcare we have now or something close to it, or not.

One thing is certain, it's going to be an interesting 4 years that's for damn sure...
You're wrong.

I'd be THRILLED if he kept his campaign promise on healthcare - that it would be cheaper than the ACA, it would cover everyone, and the government would pay for it.

Sounds a lot like medicare-for-all to me, and I'd purely love it.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:52 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,463,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump threatens to leave ObamaCare in place if repeal bill fails | TheHill

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.

Well, that was fast.

Very smart. He did just enough to look like he tried to get this bill passed, but not enough to go down with the ship.

There is definitely a method to his madness.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,514,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Very smart. He did just enough to look like he tried to get this bill passed, but not enough to go down with the ship.

There is definitely a method to his madness.
No. He stated it was terrific. This is on him.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,439,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
True... the senate will be more difficult but there are ways to win... the stocks didn't really change much today, so I am not sure where you get 35% from...
You can purchase what are effectively bets online for political events.

I bought shares at 0.65 saying it wouldn't pass today. And..bingo, I was right. Unlike a lot of folks I do put my money into what I believe will happen based upon the probability of what I believe will happen. I didn't bet on Clinton winning for example. That was 0.90 to buy, and Nate silver was saying she had a 66% chance of winning. So...no bet. But todays nonsense was easy money.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You're wrong.

I'd be THRILLED if he kept his campaign promise on healthcare - that it would be cheaper than the ACA, it would cover everyone, and the government would pay for it.

Sounds a lot like medicare-for-all to me, and I'd purely love it.
Where were you when obama proposed medicare for all. Republicans overwhelming opposed this. So this is why we have obamacare now. At least Obama tried against so much opposition. And Obama was able to get over 2 million insurance who didn't have it. But the answer is medicare for all. So why don't you ask your congressman why he is opposed to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies