Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:30 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
who cares if he does.. no worse than colluding with Soros or the other billionaires who think they run the planet.

Collude with people who want to flood all first world countries with millions of refugees and have section 8 housing in every neighborhood or someone who wants to keep them out and keep welfare trash out of the neighborhoods of people who work hard for a living? I think I know my answer.

Wow just wow. I understand where you're coming from and there is a small part of me that agrees with you. This country has more then enough problems to fix without taking on another regions problems. This statement has nothing to do with fear or bigotry. It's just reality. We can't afford to fix the world. But, what you're suggesting as being okay is darker then any other billionaire who thinks they're running the planet. It's treason, and not in the best interest of America. Please do some reading about Putin and his agenda. I don't want to live with thugs anymore then you do, but colluding with a foreign government to steal an election is not the answer. It's beyond horrifying if it's proven to be true. Put your hate to rest for a few minutes and look at this with analytical eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yeah. We were a giddy too, every time some new piece of evidence showed up. We had ourselves convinced she was going to jail too. After all, there is so much evidence. I watch the left wing media. I watch the things you guys say on the internet. You all build on each other's hopes that there is something there. Your stories get more elaborate and the conspiracies boil over until you have each other convinced of a narrative that most likely is not true in anything except your collective minds.

Your only hope is a smoking gun leading right to Trump. And you know what is kind of sick to think about? That many of you would like it to be true. That you would rather have had collusion between a US president and a foreign power than to see Donald Trump serve out his term.
I'd rather that tRump & Co would come clean and stop acting so guilty if there's nothing to all the circumstantial evidence that keeps cropping up.

He's hiding his tax records, his business connections, won't divest and is being as slippery as he possibly can be. He persists in spewing large volumes of preposterous lies. I understand that his apologists will overlook all these serious faults, because Limbaugh and Fox News direct them to.

Right wingers are very compliant followers. They're willing to plunge over the edge with their "leader", whoever he might be at the moment. They're always all in for whatever they're told to be all in for.

If it turns out that tRump and/or his campaign were in cahoots with the Russians, then all those involved should face justice. At this point, it remains unclear if tRump himself was in on it, but a number of his top campaign folks sure look dirty.

All this dirty laundry is unprecedented and of a much more severe nature than anything the Clintons were accused of (but never charged) and it needs to be aired, the sooner the better.

He's off to a very rocky start.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:04 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd rather that tRump & Co would come clean and stop acting so guilty if there's nothing to all the circumstantial evidence that keeps cropping up.

He's hiding his tax records, his business connections, won't divest and is being as slippery as he possibly can be. He persists in spewing large volumes of preposterous lies. I understand that his apologists will overlook all these serious faults, because Limbaugh and Fox News direct them to.

Right wingers are very compliant followers. They're willing to plunge over the edge with their "leader", whoever he might be at the moment. They're always all in for whatever they're told to be all in for.

If it turns out that tRump and/or his campaign were in cahoots with the Russians, then all those involved should face justice. At this point, it remains unclear if tRump himself was in on it, but a number of his top campaign folks sure look dirty.

All this dirty laundry is unprecedented and of a much more severe nature than anything the Clintons were accused of (but never charged) and it needs to be aired, the sooner the better.

He's off to a very rocky start.

The "dirty laundry" is only unprecedented if it turns out to be real. In your mind, the Clinton's were never charged so there is no wrongdoing, but Trump has never been charged either, yet you seem to already have him convicted. At this point in time, there is no dirty laundry. There is only scenarios that have been formulated by the opposition party.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 03-25-2017 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 02:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
I try to see things from as many directions as possible, and I see this as having many similarities to the way we viewed the Hillary email situation. Those of us that didn't like Hillary looked at the evidence and it was so clearly obvious that she was destroying classified information that was on her server and devices. It was so obvious to us that she had the attorney general in her corner. It was obvious to us that she lied under oath.

To us, her supporters seemed completely oblivious to the evidence that was right in front of their noses. To them, it was a big nothing burger. Unless there was an actual smoking gun in her hand, they would not accept her guilt. And even then, I'm not so sure.

The situation now is the same, only opposite. So whether you are a Trump supporter or Trump hater, don't expect to get any sort of agreement on this unless Trump is found with a smoking gun in his hand. And even then, I'm not so sure.

There is no proof at all that Hillary Clinton committed a crime. Years of hearings and investigations concluded that what she did was irresponsible, not criminal.

I am not a "Trump hater" although I wish he didn't win in November. Once I got over the shock, I wanted him to succeed. After all, as long as there is chaos in Washington D.C., we all lose. However, his first 2 months in office have been a disaster.

Let's see his tax returns and have a thorough investigation into possible ties with Russia. If there's nothing to see, then we can move forward. The American people have a right to know.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
The "dirty laundry" is only unprecedented if it turns out to be real.
So true. It needs to be checked out. Indications are that it's serious enough that it's under investigation. It's already been enough to torpedo one top tRump operative.

Quote:
In your mind, the Clinton's were never charged so there is no wrongdoing,
In my mind, if there was a fraction of substance to what the GOP mouthpieces kept bellowing about, then Hillary would have been locked up over a decade ago. Now that she's out of the limelight, suddenly the GOP has nothing more to say about all those horrible "crimes" they yipped and yapped about for so long. And tRump's bold talk about jailing her? Not a peep. Why not? Go ahead. Take her trial.

Do it. Now is their chance. They own all 3 branches of the government. What are they afraid of?

Quote:
but Trump has never been charged either, yet you seem to already have him convicted.
I've convicted him of trying to cover his tracks, openly flaunting conflicts of interest, and a daily ration of obvious lies unlike anything in America's presidential history.

Quote:
At his point in time, there is no dirty laundry. There is only scenarios that have been formulated by the opposition party.
It's a whole lot more than scenarios.

Stay tuned.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Wow. Libs have totally hitched their wagon to this Russia thing. I'm not sure how they can survive when nothing comes off it
When the FBI says there's something there, something is there. Especially when the CIA says the same thing. Not just once. Over and over.

So don't be so sure nothing will come of it. Liberals haven't hitched their wagon to anything, but they are paying attention to this, and you should be, too.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:35 PM

Those who watch Fox and listen to Limbaugh have been convinced that there is no Russian caper.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:38 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Wow. Libs have totally hitched their wagon to this Russia thing. I'm not sure how they can survive when nothing comes off it
It's best to put them on ignore as I've done. Let's face it...those who can't even properly capitalize a proper name are beyond help and hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Deep denial: tRump & Company
I've seen how you figured out that clever lower-case/upper-case thing for a while now; it's not wearing a little thin yet?
They think it's cute. Like 4-year old cute. Liberal public education, perhaps?

Old 03-25-2017, 08:42 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
This "russian thing" is a huge deal. If nothing comes off from it then so be it. But we can't ignore this. Let's get to the bottom of this and see where it leads.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This "russian thing" is a huge deal. If nothing comes off from it then so be it. But we can't ignore this. Let's get to the bottom of this and see where it leads.
The Russia thing...

It's either the most incredible and unlikely sequence of coincidences in human history OR some tRump associates were in contact with and cooperating in some way (large or small) with Russian agents.

And it needs to be thoroughly explained in public, either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies