Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 02:45 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,746,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So..that's what made you so angry about Obama?

Read the post question and do your homework ,Obama didn't make me made or I would not have voted for him ....twice.My answer is responding to why the republicans like yourself hate him.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:46 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
He is black yes I said that is why they hate him. Obama could have raised the min wage to $11 a hr cured cancer and aids and the RWNJs would still hate him. Being black is one of the top 3 worst things ever to the RWNJs
He could have/should have got the minimum wage raised but did not.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:55 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,105,141 times
First of all, I'm an independent who was once a staunch democrat. Heck, I even voted twice for Bubba. Democrats have lost their way and aren't the democrats I grew up knowing.

That said, I never had a good feeling about Obama. Yet, when he got elected, I thought that as a democrat, he would balance the budget---just like Bubba did. After all, liberals kept crowing about how democrats were good when it came to this issue.

Instead, Obama made the debt even worse.

He also sued states that made laws that mirrored federal laws when it came to getting tough on illegals. Meanwhile, sanctuary jurisdictions got away with breaking our immigration laws.

He wouldn't let ICE and the Border Patrol do their jobs. When those unaccompanied minors started showing up, he encouraged even more to come. Communities started objecting to having these so-called "kids" in their communities, so Obama sneaked them into communities. The same with refugees---when communities pushed back, he sneaked them in to communities without any warning.

He dictated DACA. That was bad enough but then he tried to dictate DAPA. Thirty two states sued him. The Fifth Circuit Court sided with the states and issued an injunction against DAPA. Obama didn't care---after the injunction, he went ahead and gave DAPA to 100,000 illegals. Only when caught, did he finally stop.

Obamacare was a disaster. Too many people either lost their insurance or saw their premiums skyrocket and couldn't afford them. All you libs whine about Trump being a liar when your idol, Obama, said this:

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact

He also lied when he said his presidency would be transparent. It was the complete opposite---it was opaque.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Read the post question and do your homework ,Obama didn't make me made or I would not have voted for him ....twice.My answer is responding to why the republicans like yourself hate him.
LOL! You don't get sarcasm

I'm not a republican and I don't hate Obama. Instead, I strongly dislike him. I used to think that GW Bush was the worst president. Then along came Obama to prove me wrong.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yes he is, learn the law.He is taking whole families even sending the children who are legal American citizens and deporting them,he is a liar and a bigot.
Wrong! No one is deporting the anchor babies. The parents are free to take their kids with them when the parents get deported. In fact, if they were decent parents, that's what they would do. Some have abandoned their anchor babies to foster care. No one forced them to do that either. Those that went that root are POS parents.

Do some research on this issue so you won't make such ignorant remarks.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:00 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,175,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Here's a partial list.

Obama never seemed to care about working class whites. He generally showed disdain for Christians. He refused to entertain any links between radical Islam and Islam. He did his best to give a free pass to illegals, and even to encourage more to come. He cared not what damage was inflicted on struggling communities that refugees were being dumped in. He never waited for the facts to come in before he'd side with blacks over the police. Any act of terrorism on the part of jihadis was immediately dismissed as something other than a terror attack, or he'd say we have no indication what the cause might have been, even when the jihadis made it quite clear they were doing it in the name of Islam. Nobody was ever held accountable for Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal, or the VA scandals. Nobody was ever held accountable for anything. He snubbed Margaret Thatcher's funeral, someone who stood side by side with Reagan in staring down the Soviets, yet he shortly thereafter personally attended Mandela's funeral, someone who never did anything for the US. The list goes on and on.

Trump might not prove to be all we hope he will be, but at least he cares about the American people. That is a step more than we had with Obama or would have had with Hillary.
Thank you for stating a cogent position. On your first sentence, I think Obama spent a good deal of time trying to help out white and black middle Americans when the banks screwed us. I'm still pissed no one went to jail over that. You of course are entitled to your perception though.

He deported an awful lot of people for somebody who is pro illegal immigration. The immigration advocates used to call him the deporter in chief. So both the right and the left were pissed at him on that.

Sweeping the Islamic attacks under the rug ( sort of) and refusing to say radical Islamic terror. My theory on them not wanting to tell the truth about Ft. Hood is that they weren't sure at first if it was jihad or just another fruit loop that lost his mind. Another reason might have been to avoid panicking Americans.

On not saying Radical Islamic Terror, the new top military guy just explained that. He said that our official post is that terrorism is a perversion of Islam ( it's not, it's fundamentalism ) and they do not want to legitimize ISIS's recruiting materials that say that jihad is part of their religion.

The other things, I can totally see your viewpoint and agree on some. I just don't get the frothing at the mouth hatred some people had for him.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Thank you for stating a cogent position. On your first sentence, I think Obama spent a good deal of time trying to help out white and black middle Americans when the banks screwed us. I'm still pissed no one went to jail over that. You of course are entitled to your perception though.

He deported an awful lot of people for somebody who is pro illegal immigration. The immigration advocates used to call him the deported in chief. So both the right and the left were pissed at him on that.

Sweeping the Islamic attacks under the rug ( sort of) and refusing to say radical Islamic terror. My theory on them not wanting to tell the truth about Ft. Hood is that they weren't sure at first if it was jihad or just another fruit loop that lost his mind. Another reason might have been to avoid panicking Americans.

On not saying Radical Islamic Terror, the new top military guy just explained that. He said that our official post is that terrorism is a perversion of Islam ( it's not, it's fundamentalism ) and they do not want to legitimize ISIS's recruiting materials that say that jihad is part of their religion.

The other things, I can totally see your viewpoint and agree on some. I just don't get the frothing at the mouth hatred some people had for him.
Per the bolded---That has long since been debunked. He did no such thing and even admitted to cooking the books when it came to those deportation figures:

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

And even if he did, indeed, deport all those people, he went and undid it all by dictating DACA and trying to dictate DAPA.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,380,307 times
My biggest gripe against Obama is when he was elected he had not only the country excited but the world. People were captivated by his speeches and the world really thought Obama would deliver on his hope and change platform. The world believed so much they delivered up the Nobel Peace Prize after Obama was in office only 6 months.

Now on the surface it looks insane but looking at from a different way maybe those peace prize members thought it was a sure bet that Obama would deliver and gave the award to him in advance.

What did they get? Toppled gvts in the ME, drone strikes everywhere, refuges in camps in Jordan, refuges spread through out Europe, riots and civil unrest in host countries, molesting and rape of woman and girls, and many more. Instead of earning the peace prize Obama turned into a Bush but worse.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,175,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Poor Leader of the free world and Obama Divided America. Obama care was failed from the start and some how Democrats think continuing a failed policy will fix itself.

The Economy never grew to the standard of Regan or even Bill Clinton.

Obama and his Administration used the power of gov. to subdue citizens.
Geeze Ghostrider, the Banks and Wall Street had just crashed the entire economy. We were on the brink of worldwide economic collapse. Obama got us through that even though the Great Recession was terrible. Once again, thanks to the banks. He bailed them out so they'd start lending again and get the economy restarted, but they didn't. They just held onto the money and were loathe to lend anyone anything.

Most of the people who got the really cheap houses during the crash weren't people who were going to live there, they were cash investors.

He did a pretty good job leading us through that mess, and did end up with economic growth.

I believe Obamacare was doomed from the start because it includes all the overhead and profit of the insurance companies which is something that Congress insisted on, because they are in the donor classes and big pharmaceutical 's pocket.

When this collapses, and it will, they will be forced to go with Medicare For Everyone which is what should have been done in the first place.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:21 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Geeze Ghostrider, the Banks and Wall Street had just crashed the entire economy. We were on the brink of worldwide economic collapse. Obama got us through that even though the Great Recession was terrible. Once again, thanks to the banks. He bailed them out so they'd start lending again and get the economy restarted, but they didn't. They just held onto the money and were loathe to lend anyone anything.
That was all a lie. If you had the means you could get money. Anyone that should get money can get money. They held onto the money because no one was trying to take out loans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies