Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:32 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,558,999 times

Advertisements

I am up from my nap!

Benghazi, Valerie Jarrett. Made the Hildabeast the Sec of State. Lying, cheating and stealing anywhere and everywhere. Encouraging all the nuts, misfits and radicals to think that they were going to take over this country. Letting N. Korea get nukes and encouraging them. Making a crappy deal with Iran, lying about it, giving them billions in cash. Making the US look like fools at every turn. Being half white, bashing his stupid communist white grandparents. Just being an incompetent arrogant fool that doesn't know any better. Raising a bunch of twirking, potsmoking kids. Being married to Michael.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
If Mr Trump is held to his every word, literally, then we have to apply the same standard to all people in public life. 'They' either all mean exactly the words spoken, or someone is a hypocrite.

But you are taking something out of context that means something else. He said something to the effect that those businesses did not build the roads that the business uses or the education for the workforce. If you watch what he actually said and what you claim it he said they are two different things. I would hold the same standard for Trump, I have posted once in the past that someone misrepretation what Bush stated and I will correct someone who misquotes Trump as badly as you are misquoting Obama. I also do not agree with those who laughed at Obama for saying the 57 States or at Palin who in a conversation said you were allies with North Korea against South Korea and when corrected it was obvious she just did not say what she had meant and knew that it was South Korea she meant.

Sorry but if one needs to misrepresent what a person stated and meant in order to be against that person that is very shallow. I find it dishonest for anyone to edit another person's comments in such a way that it means something totally different than what they actually said. Go back to the original video of Obama's comments and it is clear that he was telling people that industry does one thing and the public is responsible for helping them by supply schools and building roads and ports. When I see a left leaning person doing that of Trump I feel the same way.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:38 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,143,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Part of the fuel behind the Trump movement has been and continues to be the fact that conservatives believe they were marginalized and oppressed for eight years under Obama and are out for revenge. They don't care about the good of the country. All they care about is spiting the left and making the left feel the way they did under Obama.

My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent? Was it the climage change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
Sounds like you answered your own question. All of the above and a heaping helping of arrogance.
Obama resented America, and was thrilled he was at last in a position to teach us a lesson.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:41 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,912,591 times
If you don't know already, then you are either lying or you are so far gone that you can't be made to understand.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,175,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
My biggest gripe against Obama is when he was elected he had not only the country excited but the world. People were captivated by his speeches and the world really thought Obama would deliver on his hope and change platform. The world believed so much they delivered up the Nobel Peace Prize after Obama was in office only 6 months.

Now on the surface it looks insane but looking at from a different way maybe those peace prize members thought it was a sure bet that Obama would deliver and gave the award to him in advance.

What did they get? Toppled gvts in the ME, drone strikes everywhere, refuges in camps in Jordan, refuges spread through out Europe, riots and civil unrest in host countries, molesting and rape of woman and girls, and many more. Instead of earning the peace prize Obama turned into a Bush but worse.
J believe they gave it to him before he was even in office. Oops.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,705,562 times
I can think of around 9 trillion reasons I wasn't fond of him.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,175,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was all a lie. If you had the means you could get money. Anyone that should get money can get money. They held onto the money because no one was trying to take out loans.
No, lending standards became incredibly tight. They went from giving loans to anybody who could fog a mirror to holding on tight to that cash. If you really want me to, I can dig up links to prove my point, particularly on mortgages, and I don't mean subprime.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:04 PM

52,748 posts, read 48,122,738 times
Quote:
Part of the fuel behind the Trump movement has been and continues to be the fact that conservatives believe they were marginalized and oppressed for eight years under Obama and are out for revenge. They don't care about the good of the country. All they care about is spiting the left and making the left feel the way they did under Obama.

My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent? Was it the climate change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
Where do I begin here? I'll start by saying that Barry never once cared about this country, and all the things in your second paragraph (plus catering to illegal aliens, endless government spending, disregard for the law, and endless regulations which have stifled our economy) are reason enough why the Democrat Party is the party of anti-values, of pure hate, of destruction, and of debt. He's given people every reason in the world to dislike him. This isn't about conservatives seeking revenge on anything. We're just stopping an anti-America agenda that has all but destroyed our nation in the past eight years. I can tell you that Jack Kennedy would not approve of nearly all of Obama's sick policies. Conservatives went to the voting precincts in droves in October (early voting) and in November because they were tired of a serious decline in this country. They're tired of corrupt politicians. Tired of people out of work. Tired of a fundamental transformation of our culture that was not needed in 2008. And, yes, we were marginalized and belittled by Barry, and that was out of his hate for us. He had a chip on the shoulder, and he has contempt for fellow Americans.

So Obama and the evil left were repudiated.

Liberalism is not a mainstream thing. It's a disease. It's a disorder. It's a twisted way of thinking. It may be an alternate viewpoint to conservatism, but it is not a normal way of living.

Why do we have Trump? Because politicians have been corrupt. Because they haven't gotten the job done in Washington. And "We, The People" got sick and tired and became fed up. Conservatives and many independents care about the good of America. Perhaps, it's your party that doesn't. I don't just think so, I know so. I've watched the events of the last eight years, and it's made me sick. Perhaps the question should be, "Why do you believe that conservatives don't care about the good of America?" I doubt you'll have an answer, though, because your chosen world view indicates and suggests a lack of regard for others, and that it's all about yourself and nobody else. And that's your choice.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:08 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,808,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Guess that's why the right hated Hillary even more....her blackness.

You mean Hillary's teeth right?

Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,819,980 times
Quote:
My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent? Was it the climage change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
I'm just going to respond to the second part of your post.

Ba ha ha ha... if you think any of the things that you posted is the reason people are so angered, you've been listening to the wrong people and have your head up your keister. As for revenge, is this the lens you view everything through? wow

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies