Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 05:18 PM

63,267 posts, read 29,364,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I liked Obama in general, but I agree with you on the race remarks. Several of his comments stirred up folks on either side of the race issues. "If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon" was the worst comment I think.

On another note, some people won't come out and admit it, but they secretly dislike Obama because he's black or has a muslim sounding name. Some people aren't so discreet about it, hence the "Obongo" or "Hussein" remarks.

Your clue is "some". Why bring up a minority of racists when they didn't represent the majority? How about those references to Trump as "Cheeto", etc. ? I don't resort to juvenile name calling of any of our presidents whether they be Democrat or Republican and many other Americans don't either.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:26 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,821,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Got tired of him insulting our citizens
I haven't seen Obama insult anyone except Trump. I can maybe see your point with Hilary but he's far more polite than you realize.
Granted I didn't start paying much attention to politics until Trump showed up so maybe I missed something and to that I say where's your outrage about Trumps numerous insults?

I'll wait.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:29 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,365,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obamacare and the lack of reason to first wait until the facts came out when a shooting between cops and black people occurred.

That is the main cause for the racial tensions to increase and I blame Obama for that!

Obamacare should have been a bipartisan bill.
You say that like it wasn't intended to be a bipartisan effort. In the end, it pretty much was because it got passed in watered down fashion and without the protections for the citizenry that it had before it was whittled away at by the GOP.

But, who needs facts when you've got conjecture?

The main cause that racial tensions have increased is that people are walking around with hand-held TV studios (smartphones) and it's easier to tell people about what's been going on all this time.

This stuff is not NEW. You were just blissfully unaware of it.

Last edited by RedZin; 03-28-2017 at 05:39 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 05:33 PM

30,407 posts, read 23,877,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Part of the fuel behind the Trump movement has been and continues to be the fact that conservatives believe they were marginalized and oppressed for eight years under Obama and are out for revenge.
Or, very simply, that they weren't being heard. But leave it to a lib to dramatize it more than it actually is.

Quote:
They don't care about the good of the country. All they care about is spiting the left and making the left feel the way they did under Obama.
That is an opinion. It is not based on fact in any way, shape, or form.

Quote:
My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent?
Was it the climage change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
It was the lies. The snotty attitude like the one displayed in the post I'm quoting. The sneering, the attacks, the made up talking points, and the absolute refusal to hold O accountable for a single thing he did.

While it's clear that you don't actually care to hear the real reason, I'll say it for others who might actually be interested:

We didn't vote for Trump because of the Dems. We voted for Trump because of the RINOs in our own party. That's why we got him nominated. We were sending a message to the GOP.

For the general election, of course we didn't want Hillary in office. We actually believe that she's dangerous. You want to talk about someone not caring about the country? She doesn't. She's done everything to line her pockets and nothing good for the American people. She's too blood thirsty, laughing about killing world leaders, laughing about the deaths of Ambassadors, lying through her teeth, no policy whatsoever, and has been caught in the past calling libs easy to fool.

It was less about Obama than it was about calling out our own. I realize that this is a foreign concept for many libs since most libs believe that every last thing that their party does is gold, but back here in the sane world, we can hold our elected officials accountable.

In addition to all of that, Trump was our response to the SJWs and other lunatics on the left PC horse crap. The only people who use that PC bs are SJWs and other idiotic libs who try to control how people think. We will not kowtow to the left's made up language, nor will we be censored.

I don't give a damn if you're gay, I don't give a damn who you sleep with as long as they are consenting adults...I do wish you all would stop shoving it in my face as I don't even care to hear about straights' sex lives...I don't care if you want to be "husband and wife" or whatever anyone calls it...I don't care.

And I'm not alone.

We care that you all tell us to accept how you live, but then try to tell us how we should live. The left can **** up a rope.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:36 PM

63,267 posts, read 29,364,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? The ignorant remark that Obama is a Muslim, but even further that he did not practice what he was taught. He showed compassion and understanding beyond anything that Trump has done.

You call giving millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation along with work permits being compassionate and understanding to the American worker?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM

7,499 posts, read 6,303,400 times
I didn't like the way he stuck his nose in the air.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,808,859 times
I find it really interesting in this thread no one is listening to what anyone else says. People are just quoting and sounding off on their truth (myself included).

Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM

778 posts, read 341,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Part of the fuel behind the Trump movement has been and continues to be the fact that conservatives believe they were marginalized and oppressed for eight years under Obama and are out for revenge. They don't care about the good of the country. All they care about is spiting the left and making the left feel the way they did under Obama.

My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent? Was it the climage change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't hate Obama and there were very few things that he did that "angered me." BUT, the media's failure to treat him the way they treated Bush and the way they are treating Trump frustrated me very much. I found the lack of accountability that the press required from Obama to be anger inducing.

As to what Obama did during his Administration that angered me:

1. Lying about his health care plan.
2. Telling people that "the police acted stupidly" when he admitted to not having the facts about a specific situation,
3. Giving a "shout out to chief ???" before mentioning the Fort Hood massacre.
4. Using Executive orders in an unconstitutional manner or ignoring the law of the land.
5. Recess appointments
6. Last minute pardons and last minute changes to national intelligent protocols.

I am sure there are other actions by Obama that made me shake my head, but these were specific instances that made me angry.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,819,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Or, very simply, that they weren't being heard. But leave it to a lib to dramatize it more than it actually is.

That is an opinion. It is not based on fact in any way, shape, or form.

It was the lies. The snotty attitude like the one displayed in the post I'm quoting. The sneering, the attacks, the made up talking points, and the absolute refusal to hold O accountable for a single thing he did.

While it's clear that you don't actually care to hear the real reason, I'll say it for others who might actually be interested:

We didn't vote for Trump because of the Dems. We voted for Trump because of the RINOs in our own party. That's why we got him nominated. We were sending a message to the GOP.

For the general election, of course we didn't want Hillary in office. We actually believe that she's dangerous. You want to talk about someone not caring about the country? She doesn't. She's done everything to line her pockets and nothing good for the American people. She's too blood thirsty, laughing about killing world leaders, laughing about the deaths of Ambassadors, lying through her teeth, no policy whatsoever, and has been caught in the past calling libs easy to fool.

It was less about Obama than it was about calling out our own. I realize that this is a foreign concept for many libs since most libs believe that every last thing that their party does is gold, but back here in the sane world, we can hold our elected officials accountable.

In addition to all of that, Trump was our response to the SJWs and other lunatics on the left PC horse crap. The only people who use that PC bs are SJWs and other idiotic libs who try to control how people think. We will not kowtow to the left's made up language, nor will we be censored.

I don't give a damn if you're gay, I don't give a damn who you sleep with as long as they are consenting adults...I do wish you all would stop shoving it in my face as I don't even care to hear about straights' sex lives...I don't care if you want to be "husband and wife" or whatever anyone calls it...I don't care.

And I'm not alone.

We care that you all tell us to accept how you live, but then try to tell us how we should live. The left can **** up a rope.
Actually for me it was a combination. Hillary promised to be Obama 2.0, nah, don't want that. Trump really ticked off the elitist. Yes, another one for Trump and down the line.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,819,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I haven't seen Obama insult anyone except Trump. I can maybe see your point with Hilary but he's far more polite than you realize.
Granted I didn't start paying much attention to politics until Trump showed up so maybe I missed something and to that I say where's your outrage about Trumps numerous insults?

I'll wait.
Nickchick, if you weren't paying attention when Obama was president, don't feel bad, even people who were listening didn't really understand what he was really trying to do. They looked past the reality and just saw the bones that were promised.

Here Fido, come get a bone, as Fido's happily wags his tail while stepping into water with a live wire sitting in it to get the promised treat. I don't know, how else to explain it.

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2017 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies